Old June 29th 04, 06:36 AM
T. Early

"Tom Betz" wrote in message
"Paul Jensen" wrote in
:

I think it was Boortz who said he was on Frankin. He also said

never
again.

Franken caught Boortz in a lie about having offered Franken to

guest-host
Boortz's show (back before AA existed), and saying that Franken had
refused because Boorts wouldn't allow him to control the phone

callers.

Franken called Boortz on the lie while on the phone with him,

playing the
tape of Boortz lying, then forcing Boortz to admit that he had lied.

heard the segment. Boortz came off as a lying, blowhard putz.

Lying, blowhard putz? Speaking of Michael Moore, did you ever pin
down the alleged "lie" by Fred Barnes that had the humor-challenged
all in a tizzy?

Old June 29th 04, 08:41 PM
Tom Betz

Quoth "T. Early" in news:cbqv44$t64$1
@xuxa.iecc.com:

Lying, blowhard putz? Speaking of Michael Moore, did you ever pin
down the alleged "lie" by Fred Barnes that had the humor-challenged
all in a tizzy?

Last I heard, Barnes never called Franken back.

--
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they
charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument? Now, if these

Old June 30th 04, 05:32 AM
Mark Jeffries

(RHF) wrote in message ...
In the past when former president Clinton was president.
NPR referred to him as President Clinton.

Now what does NPR do when referring to "President Bush"
they use negative omissions and detractive code words:
simply referring to the President as "Bush" or 'mister' "Bush"
and the "Bush" 'administration'.

Documentation, please--and don't just copy from NewsMax.

The President is generally always referred to in the first reference
as "President ---" and in the second reference as "Mr. ---." That's
basic AP Stylebook.

I did a search on npr.org and found 3,518 pages that have on them
"President Bush." Granted, some of them may refer to George H.W. Bush
and are likely not transcripts of stories that are audio hyperlinked,
but it seems to me that NPR is following basic stylebook on references
to the President.

And at NPR, as at many other journalistic organizations, the President
is always heard last in a story, no matter what party he belongs to.
That's also pretty much Journalism 101.

NPR is the primary propaganda organ for the Liberal Media ELITE [.]

Then why are the extreme left-wing nutsos at FAIR continually
attacking NPR for right-wing bias? Why does Amy Goodman of Pacifica
refer to NPR as part of "corporate media?" Why did I hear a bunch of
hardcore lefties at a forum I once attended *boo* a mention of NPR?

As far as I'm concerned, if the extremist wackos on both sides hate
NPR, they must be doing something right.

Old July 1st 04, 01:15 AM
Bob Haberkost

"Mark Jeffries" wrote in message
(RHF) wrote in message

In the past when former president Clinton was president.
NPR referred to him as President Clinton.

Now what does NPR do when referring to "President Bush"
they use negative omissions and detractive code words:
simply referring to the President as "Bush" or 'mister' "Bush"
and the "Bush" 'administration'.

Just another troll with a bad memory. NPR, and many other news organisations, will
use all three forms just to avoid being repetitive. Regardless of the person or
party holding the office. Same goes for Representatives and Senators. Shheeessshhh!

Could we PLEASE refrain from keeping these useless, wasteful and off-topic threads
(although this one is less so than most of the crap that's been droning on-and-on for
the last two weeks) from bloating this newsgroup? I, and I'm sure quite a bunch
more, would appreciate it! By now you should know who is and who is not worth
engaging. Use that knowledge to do the best thing, which is to just ignore them. Or
put them in your kill file. They can't talk to themselves (although there may be a
few who don't quite meet that criteria, either)!
There must always be the appearance of lawfulness....especially when the law's being
broken.
For direct replies, take out the contents between the hyphens. -Really!-

Old July 1st 04, 04:19 PM
RHF

= = = (Mark Jeffries) wrote in message
= = = ...
(RHF) wrote in message ...
[...]

MJ,

Because to use your words they are "extreme left-wing nutsos at FAIR"

NPR may be Left-Wing and Liberal but it is not Extreme [.]
..
..
Why does Amy Goodman of Pacifica refer to NPR
as part of "corporate media?"

You feel that NewsMax is not creditable but then cite Pacifica ?
..
..
Why did I hear a bunch of hardcore lefties at
a forum I once attended *boo* a mention of NPR?

Because to use your words they are "hardcore lefties"

TIP - Find a Forum were you fit-in and do NOT view the other
members as either 'extreme' or 'hardcore' Lefties or Righties.
..
..

As far as I'm concerned, if the extremist wackos on both sides hate
NPR, they must be doing something right.

So Two Wrongs Do Make a Right ) ~ RHF

..

Old July 2nd 04, 10:49 PM
Christopher C. Stacy

On 2 Jul 2004 14:52:13 GMT, RHF ("RHF") writes:

RHF "Lock and Load the Latest" - New York Times - July 1, 2004
RHF NYT= http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/01/op...01THU4.html?th
RHF The National Rifle Association has begun a three-hour daily
RHF show on satellite radio, a transparent exercise in
RHF propaganda disguised as journalism.

The NRA, an organization that has been in business for over 100 years,
is an established national media outlet which has up till now been
involved in television and magazines (it has more subscribers than,
for example, "Newsweek"). Now they've added issue-oriented radio.

That's different from Air America, whose programming seems to
be entirely devoted to a particular canndidate (George Bush).

The only thing in common is that they are both are engaging in
what is supposed to be the most protected class of free speech.

Old July 3rd 04, 06:05 PM
Blue Cat

Last week while I was near New York City I tuned in Air America on WLIB. I
didn't hear any seroius discussions concerning the elections or anything
else. All I heard were "comedy bits" and chatter.

Old July 5th 04, 04:37 PM
Tom Betz

Quoth "Blue Cat" in :

Last week while I was near New York City I tuned in Air America on WLIB. I
didn't hear any seroius discussions concerning the elections or anything
else. All I heard were "comedy bits" and chatter.

What time did you tune in? Different programs have a different mix of
content.

Old July 16th 04, 06:45 AM
John Webster

In article , "Ken Finney" wrote:

In my opinion, Air America NEVER intended to be a success (not that
they wouldn't mind being so). The new campaign finance laws exempt
"media" (or words to that effect) from the law. So, you set up a "network",
unabashedly attack on of the parties, and then shut the operation down
after the election.

Yeah but for that to work, you need someone listening.

John Webster

Dig deep on this one KØHB Dx 10 December 30th 04 02:29 AM
Dig deep on this one KØHB General 4 December 30th 04 02:29 AM
Once upon a time in America there came to be a giant of an organization called the American Radio Relay League (ARRL). KC8QJP General 3 October 11th 04 10:44 AM
Air America MondayMornin Antenna 25 April 29th 04 02:10 AM
"Blame Bush for State Fiscal Crisis" Petro Pettifog General 0 July 3rd 03 11:42 PM