Old June 25th 04, 04:16 PM
Rich Wood

In my opinion, Air America NEVER intended to be a success (not that
they wouldn't mind being so). The new campaign finance laws exempt
"media" (or words to that effect) from the law. So, you set up a "network",
unabashedly attack on of the parties, and then shut the operation down
after the election.

This kind of theory is interesting but pretty far-fetched. It's much
simpler than that. Awesomely bad management with a truly faulty
business model. It's that simple.

I think it was a bunch of cocky TV "radio can't be very hard" people
who came to realize that lying about their bank account and ridiculing
the head of the two major markets they needed the most wasn't the best
approach.

If Rush Limbaugh, with 600+ stations, can't influence an election, Air
America with 6 isn't going to have much better luck.

Rich

Old June 25th 04, 07:04 PM
T. Early

"Rich Wood" wrote in message

[...]

This is not an endorsement of Rush, but I'm not sure I agree with your
premise there. While the Limbaughs of the world perpetually are
preaching to the choir, IMO they are responsible for getting a fair
amount of people to the polls who might otherwise sit home on their
a**. To me, that's at least potentially influencing an election,
particularly a close one.

Old June 25th 04, 07:04 PM
Ken Finney

"Mark Jeffries" wrote in message
"Ken Finney" wrote in message

"Larry Weil" wrote in message
In article , "Ken Finney"

wrote:

In my opinion, Air America NEVER intended to be a success (not that
they wouldn't mind being so). The new campaign finance laws exempt
"media" (or words to that effect) from the law. So, you set up a

"network",
unabashedly attack on of the parties, and then shut the operation

down
after the election.

Ya mean like the NRA is trying to do? ducking

Funny thing, I heard a lot of NRA bashing on NPR last weekend
over this "loophole" in the law, I've never heard any Air America
bashing on NPR over this "loophole".

Perhaps because Air America has every intent to remain in
business--they just happened to come on the air during an election
campaign.

Perhaps you can tell us what your problem with the First Amendment is.

I have no problem with the First Amendment. I have just stated that
I believe that the people behind AA have no intention of "making it
a success". Of course, you can't admit that, and will deny it
whenever it comes up.

Old June 26th 04, 05:33 AM
clifto

21C BBS wrote:
I always thought, shouldn't there be a place at NPR for Air America? I
know, wherever I've lived, there being at least half a dozen Public FMs
(88.1-91.9) that could take some of AA's broadcast day.

AA is too far right for NPR.

--
Spammers are people who are too lazy and cowardly to rob liquor stores, but
still want to make money by stealing instead of working.

Old June 28th 04, 03:53 AM
Rich Wood

On 26 Jun 2004 04:33:33 GMT, clifto wrote:

AA is too far right for NPR.

Can you document that? FAIR has recently done an analysis of NPR and
came up with figures that clearly dispute your claim. FAIR counts
quite a few more conservatives as guests on NPR than knee-jerk
anti-NPR people are used to complaining about.

I don't recall hearing a single conservative guest on Air America.
That would make Air America much farther left (by their own admission
and promotion) than NPR.

Rich

Old June 28th 04, 05:38 PM
Paul Jensen

"Rich Wood" wrote in message
On 26 Jun 2004 04:33:33 GMT, clifto wrote:

AA is too far right for NPR.

Can you document that? FAIR has recently done an analysis of NPR and
came up with figures that clearly dispute your claim. FAIR counts
quite a few more conservatives as guests on NPR than knee-jerk
anti-NPR people are used to complaining about.

I don't recall hearing a single conservative guest on Air America.
That would make Air America much farther left (by their own admission
and promotion) than NPR.

I think it was Boortz who said he was on Frankin. He also said never again.

Old June 29th 04, 04:02 AM
Rich Wood

On 28 Jun 2004 16:38:10 GMT, "Paul Jensen"
wrote:

I don't recall hearing a single conservative guest on Air America.
That would make Air America much farther left (by their own admission
and promotion) than NPR.

I think it was Boortz who said he was on Frankin. He also said never again.

Why on God's earth would Franken interview another talk show host,
unless the shows were simulcast and Franken could get exposure on
Boortz's stations? Did Boortz do something of news value that almost
required an interview?

Of course "never again." What did Boortz expect? Probably the same
treatment a liberal would get on a conservative show. Two absolutely
immovable objects ranting at each other. Same ol, same ol.

Rich

Old June 29th 04, 04:02 AM
RHF

Rich Wood wrote in message ...
On 26 Jun 2004 04:33:33 GMT, clifto wrote:

AA is too far right for NPR.

Can you document that? FAIR has recently done an analysis of NPR and
came up with figures that clearly dispute your claim. FAIR counts
quite a few more conservatives as guests on NPR than knee-jerk
anti-NPR people are used to complaining about.

I don't recall hearing a single conservative guest on Air America.
That would make Air America much farther left (by their own admission
and promotion) than NPR.

Rich

RW,

In the past when former president Clinton was president.
NPR referred to him as President Clinton.

Now what does NPR do when referring to "President Bush"
they use negative omissions and detractive code words:
simply referring to the President as "Bush" or 'mister' "Bush"
and the "Bush" 'administration'.

NPR is the primary propaganda organ for the Liberal Media ELITE [.]

So Say I, My Opinions Stated As Facts ~ RHF

..

Old June 29th 04, 04:02 AM
Tom Betz

"Paul Jensen" wrote in
:

I think it was Boortz who said he was on Frankin. He also said never
again.

Franken caught Boortz in a lie about having offered Franken to guest-host
Boortz's show (back before AA existed), and saying that Franken had
refused because Boorts wouldn't allow him to control the phone callers.

Franken called Boortz on the lie while on the phone with him, playing the
tape of Boortz lying, then forcing Boortz to admit that he had lied. I
heard the segment. Boortz came off as a lying, blowhard putz.

Of COURSE Boortz said "never again" after that.

--
|I always wanted to be someone,| Tom Betz, Generalist |
|but now I think I should have | Want to send me email? |

Dig deep on this one KØHB Dx 10 December 30th 04 02:29 AM
Dig deep on this one KØHB General 4 December 30th 04 02:29 AM
Once upon a time in America there came to be a giant of an organization called the American Radio Relay League (ARRL). KC8QJP General 3 October 11th 04 10:44 AM
Air America MondayMornin Antenna 25 April 29th 04 02:10 AM
"Blame Bush for State Fiscal Crisis" Petro Pettifog General 0 July 3rd 03 11:42 PM