Old April 12th 21, 10:18 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] Pop Radio Debuts In Frankfort

RadioInsight

Pop Radio Debuts In Frankfort

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-in-frankfort/

Cap City Communications has broken 1490 WKYW/93.5 W228CL Frankfort KY off
of its Classic Hits Passport Radio simulcast and flipped the station to Hot
AC as Pop Radio 93.5.

The Classic Hits format continues on 102.1 WKYL Lawrenceburg and 103.7
WFRT-FM Frankfort. The move brings the Hot AC format back to the cluster as
103.7 was previously Star 103.7 WSTV-FM until it began simulcasting WKYW in
March 2019. WKYL joined the simulcast in December 2019.

Cap City, which is co-owned and managed with the Pennsylvania based Seven
Mountains Media, is duplicating the branding used by their Pop Radio
93.1/95.5 WPQP Clearfield/WQQP Sykesville. WKYW is featuring Compass Media
Networks Anna Raven in mornings and the CHR version of PopCrush Nights
with Kayla Thomas in evenings. Imaging Director Dan Yount will host middays
moving over from WKYL/WFRT-FM, while cluster Promotions Director Kendal
Hahn adds afternoon host duties.

The new brand launched on April 1 after a loop of NSyncs Pop. Director of
Programming JC Burton told the Frankfort State Journal, Pop Radio 93.5 was
built for the millennial generation and part of Gen Z. The best of Top 40
from the past 25 years including today’s biggest hits.”

Cam Cooper Joins 92.7 The Block As Afternoon Host

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...fternoon-host/

Radio One Hip Hop 92.7 The Block WQNC Harrisburg/Charlotte NC has announced
the addition of Cam Cooper as afternoon host starting Monday, April 19.

The move marks a return to the company for Cooper. He began his career in
2007 as a board op in Cleveland before rising to morning show producer at
107.9 WENZ. He moved to Richmond VA as cluster Imaging Director and evening
host at 92.1 WCDX before rising to afternoons. He moved to Philadelphia in
2019 as Imaging Director until being let go due to the pandemic last year.

Cooper succeeds DJ AngelBaby, who had been tracking the afternoon shift
from Cleveland until moving to mornings at 92Q WERQ Baltimore last month.

eginning April 19, 2021, Charlotte will get to hear and experience The
Misadventures of Cam Cooper on WQNC 92.7 The Block M-F 2 pm to 7 pm.

Cam Cooper started with Radio One in February 2007 as a board operator at
Clevelands WERE-AM before transitioning to On Air Talent and Morning Show
Producer on WENZ-FM Z107.9. In June 2010 Cooper was then promoted to
Imaging Director and On Air talent for the Radio One Richmond, VA Cluster.
Cooper was quickly added as the evening 7p Midnight on-air talent on WCDX
iPower 92.1, then promoted to Afternoon Drive. In September 2019 Cam
accepted a position with Radio One Philadelphia to become Imaging Director
and On Air Talent where he remained until being sidelined temporarily due
to the global pandemic.

Cam has created an eating the lifestyle brand #CAMvsFOOD which highlights
the local, and national culinary world with digital and physical events.
With his passion for community, Cam was able to grow his lifestyle brand to
new heights and created #CAMvsHunger to combat the food insufficiencies in
under privileged areas with Food Drives and more. As a creative services
producer, Cam Cooper was instrumental in bringing in multiple awards and
accolades from the Virginia Association of Broadcasters for his imaging,
and production efforts.

Cooper now rejoins Jeff Uzi D Anderson in Charlotte, NC as the Afternoon
Talent at Radio Ones 92.7 The Block. “I am ecstatic to be working with Cam
again,” stated Jeff Anderson, Operations Manager, Radio One Charlotte. “His
energy, creativity, passion for community and his ability to connect with
our target audience will make an immediate and positive impact to 92.7 The
Block and take Charlotte by storm!”

Cooper added, “I’m excited to be in the Queen City to grow the ratings,
increase revenue and expand our footprint in the community. I look forward
to being an asset to this already amazing team and it’s blessing to be
working back with Uzi and our GM Marsha Landess. Let’s get to it!”

Cam’s first day in his new slot of 2pm-7pm will be Monday April 19th. Cam
Cooper joins a Prime Time show line-up that includes The Morning Hustle,
6AM-11AM, Jackie Paige 11AM-2P and now Cam Cooper Monday – Friday 2PM-7PM.
WQNC 92.7 The Block can be streamed online at www.927TheBlock.com.

iHeartMedia Extends The Woody Show Until 2028

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...ow-until-2028/

iHeartMedia has signed a contract extension with Alt 98.7 KYSR Los Angeles
and syndicated morning host Jeff Woody Fife to keep the show in place until
2028.

iHeartMedia and syndicated morning host Jeff “Woody” Fife announced today a
long-term contract extension that will keep “The Woody Show” solidly
headquartered in mornings at iHeartMedia Los Angeles’ ALT 98.7 and
nationally syndicated by Premiere Networks until 2028.

Jeff “Woody” Fife is the host of “The Woody Show.” The 25-year radio
veteran came toALT 98.7 in April 2014 and has since redefined the morning
show landscape in Los Angeles. “The Woody Show” is currently the #1 show in
the market with P18-34, P18-49 and P25-54. Prior to its move to Los
Angeles, “The Woody Show” had major success at KPNT-FM in St. Louis,
WKQK-FM in Chicago and KITS-FM in San Francisco. Woody’s painfully honest
andno- fluff/no-hype broadcasting style defines his unique appeal and deep
connection with the show’s loyal fan base.

“Woody is one-of-a-kind and it shows in his ratings success, in LA, across
the country on the iHeartRadio digital service, locally in key markets and
on our other iHeart platforms,” said Bob Pittman, Chairman and CEO of
iHeartMedia. Inc. “His unique talent combined with his unbelievable work
ethic are key to his success and we are delighted to continue this journey
with him.”

“Woody is a true morning show savage,” said Lisa Worden, Vice President of
Rock and Alternative for iHeartMedia Inc. and Program Director for ALT
98.7. “There is no one better to anchor mornings on our flagship ALT 98.7,
and his commitment to excellence is bar none. And LA agrees! #ALLIN on ‘The
Woody Show!’”

“I am thrilled to stay ‘work married’ to iHeartMedia. This has been, and
will continue to be, one of my longest and healthiest relationships,” said
Woody. “I wouldn’t be able to do what I’ve done to this point without the
incredible support of people like Bob Pittman, Kevin LeGrett, Tom Poleman,
Greg Ashlock and Lisa Worden. There isn’t another company better
positioned, with a clearer vision for the future than iHeartMedia, and I’m
beyond grateful to be a part of that.”

“The Woody Show” is syndicated nationally by Premiere Networks in more than
30 markets including Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, Las Vegas, Austin,
Kansas City, Raleigh-Durham, Indianapolis and New Orleans.

WNOX Relaunches As Awesome 93.1

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-awesome-93-1/

SummitMedia has brought the Awesome brand to another one of its Classic
Hits stations.

After launching Awesome 100.9 WJSR Richmond VA in early March, SummitMedia
has followed by rebranding its existing Classic Hits 93.1 WNOX
Karns/Knoxville as Awesome 93.1. Like Richmond, the station is positioning
as Totally 80s and More with a focus primarily on hits from that decade.

Like WJSR, WNOX has added Ace TJ for mornings making it the fourth
SummitMedia station to add the Charlotte based morning show in recent
weeks. The show will replace Billy D in mornings. He had been tracking the
shift from his base at Classic Rock 96.5 WKLR Richmond.

WNOX tied for eighth in the Knoxville market with a 3.6 share in the
February 2021 Nielsen Audio ratings. The station has an in-market
competitor in Loud Medias 104.9 Lake-FM WTNQ La Follette, which launched in
December 2020.

We first indicated the likelihood of WNOX becoming Awesome in our March 9
Domain Insight report. With Knoxville done, expect the brand to potentially
launch in Honolulu and Louisville next.

Bob & Sheri Unlinking From WLNK

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...ing-from-wlnk/

After 29 years in mornings together on 107.9 in Charlotte, the Bob Sheri
show will soon exit their longtime flagship station.

The show launched on then AC Sunny 107.9 WBT-FM in 1992 when Sheri Lynch
was brought on as Bob Laceys morning co-host. The station rebranded as Hits
107.9 in 1996 and 107.9 The Link WLNK in 1997. The show itself entered
syndication in 1996 and that will not end with the loss of WLNK with it
continued to be distributed by Lacey, Lynch and Tony Garcias NOW! Media,
which acquired the show from Entercom in 2017 and continues to air on 70
stations nationally.

The cancellation of the show follows the purchase of WLNK by Radio One in
November 2020. The duo released the following statement regarding the
changes at WLNK, After 29 years on WLNK, we understand that Radio One is
going in a different direction. We came to an agreement with the management
at WLNK to stay on till the end of the month, and we will. We are actively
looking for a new Radio home in Charlotte. We love our listeners across
America and around the world. Charlotte is home and will always be special.
We want our fans to know they can continue to listen to us via our daily
podcast, our off-air Oddcast, as well as listening to our affiliate
stations streams which can be found at www.bobandsheri.com.

Tony Garcia adds, Charlotte is home for Bob Sheri and WLNK was the
springboard for their amazing success story. As we talk with broadcasters
in the Charlotte Radio

market who want to connect with Women in a relevant and unique way, we will

continue to serve AC, Hot AC, and Classic Hits affiliates in 70 markets,

engaging their listeners on-air, online and via Social Media.

The Charlotte Observer reports that additional changes may be forthcoming
at WLNK. Brent OBrien Harlan was let go as producer and third-mic of the
Matt Ramona afternoon show after 18 years at the station. Harlan had been
with the show since it debuted in 2003 alongside Matt Harris and Ramona
Halloway. Halloway told the newspaper, “We knew that they were going in a
‘different direction. We knew that there was interest in our show. We
didn’t know — and still aren’t a hundred percent sure — what that looks
like.” Harlan will continue to appear on Matt Ramonas podcast.