Old June 9th 21, 12:23 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] VCY America Acquires KTXC From Gray Television

RadioInsight

VCY America Acquires KTXC From Gray Television

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...ay-television/

Gray Television is divesting its current radio holding to VCY America with
the sale of Regional Mexican La Ley 104.7 KTXC Lamesa/Midland TX.

The rapidly growing Christian operator will pay $650,000 for KTXC. Gray
currently has no other radio holdings but will be acquiring Sports 1440
WGEM/98.9 W255CY and News/Talk 105.1 WGEM-FM Quincy IL as part of its $925
million acquisition of Quincy Media.

Gray had previously acquired KTXC and since sold 102.9 KEYU Amarillo TX
(now Alpha Media Hip Hop We 102.9 KVWE) as part of its $3.6 billion
purchase of Raycom Media in 2018.

Joe Johnson Returns To WROV As Afternoon Host

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...fternoon-host/

iHeartMedia Rock 96.3 WROV-FM Martinsville/Roanoke VA has announced the
return of Joe Johnson to the station as afternoon host starting Monday,
June 14.

Johnson previously programmed and hosted afternoons at WROV-FM from 2011 to
2018 and continued to be heard on the station until he was laid off from
the company in January 2020 when he was Program Director of Classic Rock
100.7 WRDU Raleigh NC. Johnson began his career at WRUF-FM Gainesville and
has also worked at WXTB Tampa, WRXW Jackson MS, WRCQ Fayetteville NC, and
WBRW Blacksburg VA in his career.

Johnson will give WROV-FM one local voice as he takes that slot that has
been held by WAXQ New Yorks Ken Dashow since Johnsons previous exit.

Ann Alquist Joins WBHM As Executive Director/General Manager

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...neral-manager/

University of Alabama at Birmingham Public News/Talk 90.3 WBHM Birmingham
AL has announced the addition of Ann Alquist as Executive Director/General
Manager starting July 6.

Alquist will join WBHM for Rhode Island Public Radio where she has served
as Assistant General Manager since last December. She previously was Chief
Progress Officer for RIPR from 2016-2020 where she was also on loan to
America Amplified: Election 2020 as Director of Community Engagement. She
began her career as News Director for KFAI Minneapolis from 2001 to 2006.
After stints in journalism and education, Alquist joined Alaska Public
Media in 2013 as Director of Membership and later served as Chief Content
Officer and Interim Executive Director at KDHX St. Louis.

Ann Alquist, a media leader with broad public radio experience, has been
named the executive director and general manager of WBHM 90.3 FM — NPR News
for the heart of Alabama — a listener-supported service of the University
of Alabama at Birmingham.

Alquist will direct the operations of WBHM and the Gulf States Newsroom as
she develops and executes a strategic plan for the station’s news,
programming, fundraising and community engagement missions.

“Ann is a smart and talented leader whose passion for public radio is
evident,” said UAB Chief Communications Officer Jim Bakken, APR. “WBHM
provides an invaluable service to the Birmingham community and beyond, and
Ann has the ability and vision to chart a course and inspire an incredibly
talented team at WBHM to best serve listeners and our region.”

Alquist comes to Birmingham from The Public’s Radio 89.3 FM in Providence,
Rhode Island, where she serves as assistant general manager and previously
served as chief progress officer. She recently worked on loan from The
Public’s Radio as director of community engagement for America Amplified:
Election 2020, working with eight public radio journalism collaboratives
across the country to support coverage through digital engagement
platforms, community conversations and text-to-engage.

Prior to her time in Providence, Alquist worked as audience engagement
manager with the Bangor Daily News in Maine; executive director of KDHX
Community Media in St. Louis, Missouri; director of membership at Alaska
Public Media; and director of radio engagement for the National Center for
Media Engagement.

Alquist completed her undergraduate education at The Evergreen State
College, received her master’s degree in media management from Ohio
University, completed a Fulbright Fellowship in Germany and was a
journalism instructor at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls.

“It is an honor to lead a dedicated and talented team as WBHM’s next
executive director,” Alquist said. “I am looking forward to building on
WBHM’s success as a free, public information and news resource. This is
especially exciting in Birmingham, a community with rich traditions that
include valuing local journalism. I am eager to work with the staff and
communities across the heart of Alabama to chart WBHM’s next chapter,
together.”

Alquist will start her new role July 6.

WBHM is much more than a radio station — it is an essential public resource
that enlightens and enriches its audience and makes strong connections to
communities through journalism that is fair, credible, accurate and honest.
Free from commercial and political influence, WBHM seeks to make Birmingham
and Alabama a better place to live by educating, engaging and entertaining
the people of its metro area and state. WBHM is dedicated to the idea that
an informed citizenry is vital to democracy and a thriving economy, and it
celebrates diversity, innovation and lifelong learning.

WYNY Rebrands As Lite 106.9

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...as-lite-106-9/

Neversink Media has relaunched AC 106.9 WYNY 1450 WYNY/106.9 W295AQ Milford
PA as Lite 106.9.

Now positioning as Relaxing Favorites, the move comes with a shift to a
softer playlist and presentation. WYNY continues to feature CBS News and
local service elements.

Jesse Kelly Show To Join Premiere Networks To Fill Buck Sexton's Slot

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-sextons-slot/

Premiere Networks has announced it will take over distribution of the Jesse
Kelly Show starting Monday, June 28.

Kelly will take the 6-9pm Eastern/3-6pm Pacific slot that is current held
by Buck Sexton as Sexton and Clay Travis move into Rush Limbaughs 12-3pm
timeslot starting June 21. Kellys show originates at iHearts 950 KPRC
Houston and has aired on 680 WRKO Boston since February. Kelly had been
distributed by Key Networks since early 2020.

Premiere Networks announced today the addition of national radio
personality and former Arizona congressional candidate Jesse Kelly to its
nationally-syndicated talk radio lineup. Beginning June 28, The Jesse
Kelly Show will broadcast live, Monday through Friday, from 3 6 p.m. PT/6
9 p.m. ET*on more than 200 stations nationwide, in addition to being
available on iHeartRadio.

As host of The Jesse Kelly Show, Kelly will keep listeners on the pulse of
America’s hot topics and issues. From news and politics, to business and
social issues, the U.S. Marine combat veteran will share his unique and
entertaining perspective, unfiltered opinions and trademark humor as he
discusses the latest headlines and welcomes a variety of guests and experts.

Kelly will continue to be seen weekdays at 9 p.m. ET as host of “I’m Right
with Jesse Kelly” on The First, a digital-first TV network available on
more than 14 platforms, including Pluto TV, STIRR, Roku, Fire TV, and
others.

“I wish I could say I’m humbled, but the truth is that signing with an
amazing company like Premiere will only boost my well-established ego,”
said Kelly. “But honestly, I’m beyond thrilled that now every American
will get a chance to hear my voice for three hours a day.”

“We couldn’t be happier to have Jesse at the helm of our weekday afternoon
timeslot,” stated Premiere Networks President Julie Talbott.*“His fresh
voice will undoubtedly connect with and engage our audience with
intelligent, witty conversation and bold opinions, while creating impactful
opportunities for our partners.”

Brian Sines To Lead Townsquare Lafayette & Lake Charles

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-lake-charles/

Townsquare Media has announced the transfer of Texarkana Market
President/Chief Revenue officer Brian Sines to Louisiana where he will now
oversee the companys Lafayette and Lake Charles stations.

Sines spent six years in Cedar Rapids IA as Director of Sales before being
promoted to Market President for Texarkana in August 2019. Sines has
previously held General Manager positions for Coon Valley Radio and Clear
Channel Burlington IA. He’s also been General Sales Manager for Clear
Channel in Des Moines and Madison and worked for Learfield Sports and
AutoTrader.com.

Townsquare Media Inc. announced today that Texarkana Market President and
Chief Revenue Officer Brian Sines has earned his second internal promotion
in the last eighteen months. Effective immediately, he will oversee
Townsquare’s Lafayette and Lake Charles local media clusters and drive
strategic sales and content initiatives across the Southern Louisiana
region. He will report to Townsquare Senior Vice President Todd Lawley.

“When we promoted Brian to oversee Texarkana, we knew he would do an
amazing job, but he has exceeded our very high expectations in building a
best-in-class operation and fully leveraging the Townsquare playbook.
Brian’s track record of strong leadership, strategic mindset and the
ability to unlock value within the market makes him a perfect fit for the
dominant platform of local assets in Southern Louisiana,” commented Mr.
Lawley.

“I am very excited to join the incredibly dedicated teams in Southern
Louisiana. They have done such an amazing job of leading the area through
some very difficult times and continue to lead every day, super serving the
communities and our business partners. I couldn’t be more excited to be
joining these high performing teams in Cajun Country,” said Mr. Sines.

Townsquare COO Local Media, Erik Hellum added, “We have a very special,
dedicated, talented and passionate team in Southern Louisiana, and I can
think of no better match for that team than Brian,”