Old February 2nd 05, 08:43 PM
Foxsrus1

Default XM vs Sirius

Had a chance to closely monitor both for a couple of weeks....
XM best by far....
Mel should be firing...kicking ass and changing music computer wizard
consultants or he's gonna be left with nothing by the time Stern comes on
board. Mel's channel lineup made no sense.

Old February 3rd 05, 07:05 PM
stamplaw

I have both and my impression is exactly the opposite of yours. I find
the XM channels are all AOR, All Over The Road. You can hear good music
on XM if you punch enough buttons. They do have a pattern of playing
really obscure music on many channels. Sirius has more channels you can
turn on and just leave it there.

Old February 4th 05, 07:04 AM
bueller

In article ,
"stamplaw" wrote:

I have both and my impression is exactly the opposite of yours. I find
the XM channels are all AOR, All Over The Road. You can hear good music
on XM if you punch enough buttons. They do have a pattern of playing
really obscure music on many channels. Sirius has more channels you can
turn on and just leave it there.

I tried leaving Sirius on but it felt so much like regular FM..

Bueller

Old February 19th 05, 10:04 PM

I'd like to see Mel get rid of all the useless voice tracking, excessive
promos and channel ID's between every song on the Sirius music
channels. Sirius is starting to sound just like overproduced FM minus a
few commercials.

Old February 28th 05, 03:25 AM
Korbin Dallas

Foxsrus1 wrote:

Had a chance to closely monitor both for a couple of weeks....
XM best by far....
Mel should be firing...kicking ass and changing music computer wizard
consultants or he's gonna be left with nothing by the time Stern comes on
board. Mel's channel lineup made no sense.

And I think XM is over Voice Tracked and Promoed to death.
I'm paying for programming not Promos.

Old March 1st 05, 06:16 AM
fredtv

I'd like to see Mel get rid of all the useless voice tracking, excessive
promos and channel ID's between every song on the Sirius music
channels.

I like the personalities. I listen primarily to Standard Time and
Broadway's Best. The jocks know their music and are entertaining. They're
also versatile. Jason Drew is part of the ''Morning Mess'' on Sirius Hits
1. Later in the day he's the ''Broadway Baby'' on Broadway's Best. I've
also heard one of the standards personalities down the dial playing country.

Old March 2nd 05, 04:27 AM
Kimba W. Lion

"G.T. Tyson" wrote:

I wish they could simulcast WWV's time signal. Now THAT'S entertainment!

Too late... WWV is now "The Tick"...
http://www.grantassoc.net/wwv.html

Be *sure* to click on the clock to hear a sample.

Old March 2nd 05, 04:27 AM
Michael A. Terrell

fredtv wrote:

I'd like to see Mel get rid of all the useless voice tracking, excessive
promos and channel ID's between every song on the Sirius music
channels.

I like the personalities. I listen primarily to Standard Time and
Broadway's Best. The jocks know their music and are entertaining. They're
also versatile. Jason Drew is part of the ''Morning Mess'' on Sirius Hits
1. Later in the day he's the ''Broadway Baby'' on Broadway's Best. I've
also heard one of the standards personalities down the dial playing country.

I asked NIST a few years ago if they could add a subcarrier to the C
band NASA feed with the 60 Khz modulation of WWVB, but I couldn't
convince them it could be done. They insisted that you can't add a
subcarrier from a second uplink which I know isn't true. United Video
was doing it in the mid '80s on their WGN uplink, and fed their tv
program guide from Salt Lake City. Prior to my idea they leased two
phone lines to Chicago for about $10,000 a month. It took me a while to
convince the engineer of our microwave division that it would work.

--
Beware of those who post from srvinet.com!

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida