Old March 11th 05, 06:36 AM
David Eduardo

"David" wrote in message
And American Idol is the number one TV show.

Because many people watch it. Duh.

Old March 11th 05, 06:36 AM
David Eduardo

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"roger carroll" wrote:

Sorry David your personal political views are showing....I'm talking
about the sound of the station. If KFI was "left wing" it would still
be the best sounding station in LA nothing to do with politics,,,they
do everything the correct way and tied for number #1 in LA. rc

KFI is 50kW with a real nice antenna.

Actually, it is 25 kw with a top-loaded 1/8 wave vertical. There is no
"nice" antenna anymore.

When did they reduce power? Everything I check still shows them at 50 kW,
including the FCC data.

They lost the tower in an aircraft collision. They are running an existing
auxiliary tower in a nonconforming operation until such time as the
half-waver can be rebuilt at the current site or a new site found.

Old March 11th 05, 06:36 AM
David

Why don't you two get a room at the Dinosaur Hideaway?

KFI is not KMPC. It is a WOAI clone. It is annoying to listen to.
It is classless. The only reason they're #1 is the rest of the
audience is too fragmented.

For good sounding News/Talker try 810.

On 10 Mar 2005 01:14:54 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

wrote in message ...
David, I disagree I worked at KMPC for 22 years we had the best news
dept in Los Angeles now it's KFI. The hard news on the hour and half
hour also breaking news coverage IMHO is the best. From your comments
you don't like KFI, use the "on" and "off" button. I have nothing to do
with KFI, as a former air talent, Vice President of Gene Autry's
GWB,owner of KMPC, KSFO, KVI, KEX, and owner of radio stations my views
are not personal. KFI is far from being stale and old fashion
sounding. 1260, you have to be kidding. Are you in broadcasting??
David, I repeat nothing personal, just disagree. Also, don't know her.
Terri Raye Elmer KFI, one of the best newscasters in LA.
roger carroll, retired living the good life on Alamits Bay

David,

What Roger may not want to say, I will: GWB, while Roger was there, was one
of the absolute finest radio companies in America if not the entire world.
Service, responsibility, strong, live personalities, localism, high
technical standards, decent treatment of the staff and general responsible
business practices while making a profit.

Those of us still in radio would be honored to be considered to be in the
same league as Roger.

Because of this, if roger says it, it is likely 99.9% correct. And that goes
for his latest post.

Old March 11th 05, 06:36 AM
David Eduardo

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"roger carroll" wrote:

Sorry David your personal political views are showing....I'm talking
about the sound of the station. If KFI was "left wing" it would still
be the best sounding station in LA nothing to do with politics,,,they
do everything the correct way and tied for number #1 in LA. rc

KFI is 50kW with a real nice antenna.

Actually, it is 25 kw with a top-loaded 1/8 wave vertical. There is no
"nice" antenna anymore.

Do you know when this changed?

A few hours after the 750 foot tower fell.

Old March 12th 05, 04:49 PM
David Eduardo

wrote in message ...
Thank You, you are very kind. It's hard to believe how radio has
changed, we had 135 employes at KMPC everyone was a pro....That's the
way Gene Autry operated. rc

That is why I am in the Hispanic sector and in Latin America. Recently did a
project with a news-talk in Argentina, where the morning news and
information show has 47 staffers... including a staff comedian who does
hourly parodies!

In the US, nearly all Hispanic stations are live and local, know that
community service actually gets ratings, and where radio is still a
profession.

I recall visiting KSFO in about 1961 as a teen and remembering that it was
filled with courteous people who actually thought it was significant that a
13-year-old would visit them. today, stations have to have metal detectors
to keep criminals out!

I look forward to more of your postings here.

Old March 12th 05, 04:49 PM
David

On 11 Mar 2005 06:36:45 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
And American Idol is the number one TV show.

Because many people watch it. Duh.

Because it can deliver a demographic. Not because it has any lasting
value.

Old March 12th 05, 04:49 PM
Scott Dorsey

Telamon wrote:
"David Eduardo" wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message
"roger carroll" wrote:

Sorry David your personal political views are showing....I'm talking
about the sound of the station. If KFI was "left wing" it would still
be the best sounding station in LA nothing to do with politics,,,they
do everything the correct way and tied for number #1 in LA. rc

KFI is 50kW with a real nice antenna.

Actually, it is 25 kw with a top-loaded 1/8 wave vertical. There is no
"nice" antenna anymore.

Do you know when this changed?

Shortly after the old tower was felled by a GA aircraft.
--scott

Old March 12th 05, 04:49 PM
David Eduardo

"David" wrote in message
Why don't you two get a room at the Dinosaur Hideaway?

And your fine achievements in broadcasting are...? We really want to know
your credentials, since you see fit to dismiss folks who have significant
experience like Roger. Don't be modesst... impress us with your
accomplishments, please.

KFI is not KMPC. It is a WOAI clone. It is annoying to listen to.
It is classless. The only reason they're #1 is the rest of the
audience is too fragmented.

And news talk is NOT fragmented? 570, 710, 640, 790, 830, 870, 980, 1070,
1020, 99.5, KLSX, 1330, 1150 and 1540 are all talk stations in some form.
That is 14 stations in that format. That KFI has nearly a 5 share shows they
are focusing on what the market wants.

For good sounding News/Talker try 810.

KGO is great... for San Francisco. KFI is a good news source, has a
significant quotient of local talent, like Handel, and is beautifully imaged
and produced by Robin. It is as good as they come, especially in the local
news coverage.

Old March 12th 05, 09:53 PM
David

On 12 Mar 2005 16:49:38 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
Why don't you two get a room at the Dinosaur Hideaway?

And your fine achievements in broadcasting are...? We really want to know
your credentials, since you see fit to dismiss folks who have significant
experience like Roger. Don't be modesst... impress us with your
accomplishments, please.

Been listening all my life. Have been major (Top 10) market Program
Director, News Director, Production Manager and PM Drive Talk Show
host.