Old March 25th 05, 03:58 PM
bbrent

Default any info on Studioline (va)?

Hi

about ten years ago I bought a batch of used 10" reels that
had come from a syndicator in the VA (USA) area called Studioline.
Some of these were shows hosted by DC area Jazz historian Felix Grant.
I never had te heard to erase these, and recently learned of a
University that houses Mr. Grant's vast collection. I asked if they
would like CDs of the shows I had, and they said yes.

Several weeks after I sent them over, Mr. Grant's widow called me and
wanted to know about the tapes and about Studioline. I told her
basically the above story - to be honest, I don't even know where I got
them.

Does anyone have any information on Studioline - or more of these
tapes?

thanks

btw - here are the Felix Grant archives....
http://www.lrdudc.wrlc.org/lrdudc/index.html

Old April 20th 05, 05:51 AM
Scott Dorsey

In article , bbrent wrote:

about ten years ago I bought a batch of used 10" reels that
had come from a syndicator in the VA (USA) area called Studioline.
Some of these were shows hosted by DC area Jazz historian Felix Grant.
I never had te heard to erase these, and recently learned of a
University that houses Mr. Grant's vast collection. I asked if they
would like CDs of the shows I had, and they said yes.

Several weeks after I sent them over, Mr. Grant's widow called me and
wanted to know about the tapes and about Studioline. I told her
basically the above story - to be honest, I don't even know where I got
them.

Does anyone have any information on Studioline - or more of these
tapes?

Studioline was a syndicator out of Reston, VA, which was run by
Jay Taylor and John Humphries. They were one of the first folks
doing direct broadcast satellite radio as well. I have no idea
what happened to them.
--scott