Old November 11th 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Bad Hams !

And to think they had to pass a code test to do this"

Hollingsworth told David O. Castle, WA9KJI, of Evansville, Indiana, October
11 that the WTB referral was the result of "longstanding complaints against
the operation of your station" involving interference on HF and 2 meters. In
another case, Hollingsworth wrote William F. Crowell, W6WBJ (ex-N6AYJ), of
Diamond Springs, California, that his license renewal application has been
designated for hearing after a review of "numerous complaints filed against
the operation of your station" alleging deliberate interference.

Hearings are held in Washington, DC, before an administrative law judge, and
the applicants will have the burden of proof in showing they're still
qualified to be Amateur Radio licensees. Over the past several years, the
FCC has asked both licensees to respond to allegations of deliberate
interference on the amateur bands.

Old November 11th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"A.E. 352" wrote in message
news
[...]

I don't wish to start a long - BORING - thread about this, much as others
have done - but I will add my 2 cents.

Ham exams test basically in areas of "theory", "rules and regulations" and
some other issues. They do NOT test a person to see if they're whacko or
capable of getting along with other people in society. There are hardly any
tests which do that as an inclusive. Just because a person becomes a ham,
pilot, truck driver, etc - doesn't mean he/she is altogether there and able
to function within the rules of society. I don't know WHY anyone keeps
harping on this "crap" of how bad some Hams are and how they got licensed.
Ham radio "was" "Self Policing" at one time - but it is not so much anymore.
We all hold it within ourselves to police our own actions and act on
"Gentlemen's" agreements when operating. Some think of nothing but causing
interference - maybe due to being shunned by society or whatever. Some think
their "toys" "impress" people - trust me, they don't. Some think they have
to have thousands of watts to talk across the street. Truth is, when they
all fire up their furnaces, NO ONE TALKS. If you're all talking with lots of
watts, WHO THE HELL is there to hear you? Your signals are being scrambled
by your competitor. You don't NEED hundreds or even thousands of watts to
talk. There is a lot to be said for the antenna system too AND use of the
bands. I've talked the world over on 80 watts or less. It is more
"satisfying" to be able to contact distant stations with as little power as
possible, WHICH by the way - is one of the FCCs rules you should know. Using
the least amount of RF power necessary to conduct communications. Try it
sometime, you "may" be amazed.

Just my 2 cents. Sick of the bad ham, slow code/no code arguments already.
We can argue til the cows fly rockets to the moon, it won't solve a damned
thing. There are more important issues to take action on.