Old January 5th 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Speech Processor Prototype...

On 5 Jan 2007 04:53:16 -0800, "Telstar Electronics"
wrote in
.com:

james wrote:
Increase bandwidth through splatter.

Nonsense... if the original ALC/modulation limiting is in tact within
the radio... this speech processor will not over modulate.

Then why does your processor include amplitude limiting if it isn't
needed? And why does your 2-transistor amp have the gain of only one
transistor?

However, it
will certainly boost your average power on AM and SSB!

I await your test data. So how do you intend to make your
measurements?

Old January 5th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Frank Gilliland wrote:
Then why does your processor include amplitude limiting if it isn't
needed?

If the limiter is in tact within the radio... the redunantcy of the
speech processor limiting can be shut off. However, if the radio has no
limiter... the the speech processor must be adjusted to do the limiting
function. So it'll work either way.

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old January 5th 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On 5 Jan 2007 10:27:20 -0800, "Telstar Electronics"
wrote in
. com:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
Then why does your processor include amplitude limiting if it isn't
needed?

If the limiter is in tact within the radio... the redunantcy of the
speech processor limiting can be shut off. However, if the radio has no
limiter... the the speech processor must be adjusted to do the limiting
function. So it'll work either way.

What happened to the rest of the post, Brain? Why use two transistors
when you can get the same gain with one? What about your published
non-linear data for your linear amp? What equipment did you use to
make your measurements for real power and harmonic distortion? And
where's that schematic?

And you whine about -me- drifting off-topic.... sheesh!!!

Old January 5th 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Frank Gilliland wrote:
What happened to the rest of the post, Brain? Why use two transistors
when you can get the same gain with one? What about your published
non-linear data for your linear amp? What equipment did you use to
make your measurements for real power and harmonic distortion? And
where's that schematic?

Off topic of this thread Frank...

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old January 6th 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

wrote:

+++james wrote:
+++ Increase bandwidth through splatter.
+++
+++Nonsense... if the original ALC/modulation limiting is in tact within
+++the radio... this speech processor will not over modulate. However, it
+++will certainly boost your average power on AM and SSB!
+++
+++www.telstar-electronics.com

***************

I'll bet 95% of the cbs operating today have the ALC/Modulating limits
circuits defeated. Heck back in the 70's that was the first thing
hackjob socalled techs would to a radio.

james

Old January 6th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Brian's non-linear linear

On 5 Jan 2007 11:47:30 -0800, "Telstar Electronics"
wrote in
.com:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
What happened to the rest of the post, Brain? Why use two transistors
when you can get the same gain with one? What about your published
non-linear data for your linear amp? What equipment did you use to
make your measurements for real power and harmonic distortion? And
where's that schematic?

Off topic of this thread Frank...

Now it's on topic, Brian. Well?

Old January 6th 07, 02:30 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Frank Gilliland wrote:
What happened to the rest of the post, Brain? Why use two transistors
when you can get the same gain with one? What about your published
non-linear data for your linear amp? What equipment did you use to
make your measurements for real power and harmonic distortion? And
where's that schematic?

Now it's on topic, Brian. Well?

Frank, we've been over this numerous times. Please look throught the
archives.

See the SkyWave amplifier and judge for yourself at
http://www.telstar-electronics.com/d...ve2879ABTC.htm

Old January 6th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On 6 Jan 2007 06:30:02 -0800, "Telstar Electronics"
wrote in
om:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
What happened to the rest of the post, Brain? Why use two transistors
when you can get the same gain with one? What about your published
non-linear data for your linear amp? What equipment did you use to
make your measurements for real power and harmonic distortion? And
where's that schematic?

Now it's on topic, Brian. Well?

Frank, we've been over this numerous times. Please look throught the
archives.

I found nothing in the archives that explains how your amp is linear
despite your own data proving that it's not.

I found nothing in the archives that explains why you used two
transistors for your amp when it has the gain of only one.

I found nothing in the archives that indicates what equipment you
used, if any, to make your measurements (the same measurements that
prove your amp is non-linear).

I found nothing in the archives that includes, or points to, a
schematic for your amp.

What I -did- find in the archives is you demonstrating that you have
absolutely no clue what you are doing (i.e, "linearity is not required
for SSB...."), ducking the questions by making excuses why you can't
answer them, or pouting in a corner with your passive-agressive "Thank
you for your support" line.

Yet you BEGGED for just one schematic of what I have done. When I
provided it, you once again ducked the questions with even -more-
quacking.

If you won't address the issues then the only conclusion is that you
can't. And just to twist the knife a bit, the equation to find the
minimum surface area of a ground plane is [pi]r^2 where r = 1/4
wavelength.... the area of the circle that is covered by 1/4-wave
radials.

So what will it be, Brian..... a demonstration of your engineering
expertise? Or just more hack-and-quack?

Old January 6th 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Frank Gilliland wrote:
What happened to the rest of the post, Brain? Why use two transistors
when you can get the same gain with one? What about your published
non-linear data for your linear amp? What equipment did you use to
make your measurements for real power and harmonic distortion? And
where's that schematic?
Now it's on topic, Brian. Well?

Frank, we've been over this numerous times. Please look throught the
archives.

I found nothing in the archives that explains how your amp is linear
despite your own data proving that it's not.

I found nothing in the archives that explains why you used two
transistors for your amp when it has the gain of only one.

Two transistors in paralell only have the gain as one.
They will put out 3db more power as a single device but only if you supply
3db more drive.

Old January 6th 07, 09:34 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 15:40:50 -0500, "Jimmie D"
wrote in
:

snip
Two transistors in paralell only have the gain as one.

His transistors are in push-pull, not parallel.

Free speech Asimov Antenna 0 December 11th 05 07:01 AM
Free speech Bob Miller Antenna 0 December 11th 05 12:55 AM
AMATEUR'S USE AMATEUR AUXILIARY TO SUPPRESS FREE SPEECH N9OGL Policy 33 April 23rd 05 11:09 PM
Heil Clear Speech Ron Hardin Shortwave 11 April 15th 05 08:37 PM
Heil "Clear Speech" DSP speaker [email protected] Shortwave 8 January 5th 05 04:02 AM