Old May 10th 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default What happened to the SkyWave?

On Wed, 9 May 2007 21:09:27 -0400, (I
AmnotGeorgeBush) wrote in
:

From: (Frank*Gilliland)
Maybe I'll submit to my

paranoia and begin stockpiling for 2012 :-0

Too funny. You been talking to Darren Dalton?

I've never heard of any Darren Dalton. I'm just

a firm believer of self-fulfilling prophecy.

Dalton was a pro ball player for the Phillies (I think, I'm not much of
a baseball fan). He lives around here and can often be found in a
certain local bar talking about how the world is going to end in 2012
and how the aliens were in command of his body when he hit home runs.
Hell of a nice guy, though.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, his beliefs aren't any kookier than
having faith in some monotheistic derivative of ancient mythology.

In case anyone is wondering what we're talking about, the ancient
Mayan calender ends on Dec. 21, 2012. On that day a VERY rare
alignment takes place between the Earth, the moon, and the center of
the galaxy. Very cool, but nothing to lose sleep over. The Mayans
thought different, tho.

The Mayan prophecy is based on what can be summarized as an advanced
form of astrology; at some point on or around that date, the world
will undergo a cataclysmic change, possibly resulting in the end of
civilization. But like any other form of astrology, it's based on
nothing more than the ramblings of social misfits who have nothing
better to do than manipulate the ignorant.

The problem today (in this "enlightened" society) is that the current
state of world affairs is terrible and getting worse. By 2012 it may
not take very much to push the whole kit-&-kaboodle right over the
edge. That extra push could very well be caused by the mere belief (by
gullible people) in the Mayan prophecy. After all, it doesn't take
some mystical force to cause a civilation to collapse..... it just
takes enough people who believe it will.

Hopefully people will wise up between now and then.

Old May 13th 07, 01:53 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Apocalypto???? (Bad spelling).

Landshark

From: (Frank Gilliland)
Maybe I'll submit to my

[...]

What happened to the SkyWave? Telstar Electronics CB 12 April 28th 07 04:16 AM
What happened to the SkyWave? Mike Hunt Equipment 6 April 27th 07 08:05 PM
What happened to the SkyWave? Mike Hunt Homebrew 6 April 27th 07 08:05 PM
SkyWave 2879ABTC... Slow Code General 2 August 4th 06 01:36 PM
SkyWave Amps jim CB 4 June 25th 04 03:54 AM