Old July 1st 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Learn How VoiceMax Increases Your Transmission Range...

http://www.telstar-electronics.com/d...evelopment.htm

Old July 1st 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Telstar Electronics" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://www.telstar-electronics.com/d...evelopment.htm

You appear very confused over the technical terms you are using. The
misleading description doesn't fool anyone that works with radio.
The only thing that will increase range is more power or a better aerial
and/or location. You will find that the oscilloscope required to correctly
set this device with each radio would be put to better use setting the radio
without it in the first place.
Why do CBers still insist on having overdeviated signals claiming that range
will be increased? It causes a lot of splattering and most other radios
with narrow filtering will simply cut the signal thinking it is "bleedover"
as you call it.
On AM your radio will still clip the signal as it will on SSB if this extra
compressor is set incorrectly.

The only thing to do would be to modify the radio completely and remove the
TX audio conditioning circuits and replace them with this board.

I would say it's not required, certainly not in a modern radio. It will
decrease performance.

Old July 1st 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Rob wrote:

[...]

Hello Rob:

Wow what a bunch of negative vibs.

You bet it will increase distance, so will a linear amplifier, and a
better and higher antenna. As for the overmodulated signals, sure I hear
all the time, even on the lower bands. Shouldn't be a biggie.

We use to put a Diwa 440 speech processor on our CB Rigs, years ago. And
they worked great on AM and SSB, way more on SSB of course. You could
cut thru the skip with the processor on, and we didn't use no
oscillioscope. But there was some honking linears out there tho.

Jay in the Mojave
Old July 1st 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jul 1, 3:44 pm, Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Rob wrote:
"Telstar Electronics" wrote in message
oups.com...

http://www.telstar-electronics.com/d...ductDevelopmen...

[...]

A well designed (probably something telstar can't do) and properly
adjusted speech processor can boost the average signal some, but most
of the claims made are just hype. Most, if not all cbers will simply
crank the gain wide open because it makes the meter "swang" more so
they think they are getting a bigger signal, and I doubt they have a
clue as to what an oscilloscope is much less how to use one.

Old July 2nd 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

A well designed (probably something telstar can't do) and properly
adjusted speech processor can boost the average signal some, but most
of the claims made are just hype. Most, if not all cbers will simply
crank the gain wide open because it makes the meter "swang" more so
they think they are getting a bigger signal, and I doubt they have a
clue as to what an oscilloscope is much less how to use one.- Hide quoted text -

Rob, if you understood this device at all you'd know that "cranking up
the gain" as you put it... is not possible. Only the limiting point
and noise gate have adjustment. As for you comment about "swang"...
that doesn't make any sense either. Since this speech processor holds
the modulation constant at 100%... actually there is no "swang" (that
must be a technical term of yours). You're doing well so far... lol

Old July 2nd 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Wow what a bunch of negative vibs.

You bet it will increase distance, so will a linear amplifier, and a
better and higher antenna. As for the overmodulated signals, sure I hear
all the time, even on the lower bands. Shouldn't be a biggie.

We use to put a Diwa 440 speech processor on our CB Rigs, years ago. And
they worked great on AM and SSB, way more on SSB of course. You could
cut thru the skip with the processor on, and we didn't use no
oscillioscope. But there was some honking linears out there tho.

Hello Jay,
Nice to see at least one person out there that understands radio
theory.
It's really amazing to me how many folks out there who operate
radios... but don't have a clue about the basics.

Old July 2nd 07, 04:59 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jul 1, 5:32 pm, Telstar Electronics
wrote:

Hello Jay,
Nice to see at least one person out there that understands radio
theory.

Now if you could just understand a bit of radio theory.

It's really amazing to me how many folks out there who operate
radios... but don't have a clue about the basics.

Yep, that's cb land.

Old July 1st 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Telstar Electronics" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://www.telstar-electronics.com/d...evelopment.htm

I have never experienced someone claiming to run a company that only has ONE
product on offer - and is acting as a re-seller !

What have you actually designed and made rather than bought as kits from
manufacturers to re-sell to the public?

Old July 4th 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jul 1, 1:13 pm, "Rob" wrote:
What have you actually designed and made rather than bought as kits from
manufacturers to re-sell to the public?

Rob,
You mean there's a kit available that is the same circuit?
Wow... you could have saved me a lot of design time.
Why don't you give us the web address.
Oh you can't... now how did I know that... lol