Old September 5th 07, 12:28 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Worldwide Feedback Pouring in... VoiceMax a Huge Success!

On Sep 5, 12:11 am, cmdr buzz corey
wrote:
All you will hear is a 1 kHz tone, nothing more, so what's the purpose
of that unless you are intent on transmitting MCW. If you push all
peaks of the audio waveform to 100% modulation then all you have is
tons of distortion. The claim is pure snake oil.

Now rethink YOUR argument again, Yo Mamma

You're really something. I thought at first you were just messin' with
me... but I guess it's obvious now that you really have no clue. And I
gather from previous posts that commander is a ham??? Please... tell
me you're not. If you are... then yo-mamma is right... you're an
embarrassment to amateur radio.

Old September 5th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Telstar Electronics wrote:

me you're not. If you are... then yo-mamma is right... you're an
embarrassment to amateur radio.

He is an embarrassment to the human race, been that forever. Being an
ham has little to do with anything, his type is found everywhere. :-(

I think most have dismissed him, newbies here will learn.

Regards,
JS
Old September 5th 07, 04:13 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 20:50:56 -0500, "Yo Mamma"
wrote:

|"james" wrote in message
.. .
| On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 15:42:26 -0700, Telstar Electronics
| wrote:
|
| |On Sep 4, 3:22 pm, james wrote:
| | Actually an AM signal with a constant 100% modulated signal is more
| | equivalent to a single tone at a constant level. Just carrier would be
| | a condition when there is no modulation.
| | In either case there is no intelligence being transmitted.
| |
| |Nonsense. Why can't you have multiple frequencies (such as voice) at
| |the 100% level? The answer: you can!
| |Now that signal has all the original intelligence of the voice that
| |created it...
| |www.telstar-electronics.com
| |
| |--------------
|
| One frequency or five thousand frequencies, if they are all at the
| same amplitude the resultant modulated signal is still unintelligable.
|
| You simple can't transmit intelligence with a constant 100% modulated
| AM carrier.
|
| Now if you compressor was advertised at giving a average of 50%
| modulation, then I would not have as much issues. On average an AM
| signal will be about 33% average modulation with peaks at about 100%.
| The human voice generally lies between 3 to 1 and 5 to 1 peak to
| average power.
|
| james
|
|So, if I inject a 1KC continuous tone into an AM transmitter, it will be
|unintelligible?
|--------------

Constant amplitude,yes. It will also be annoying to any recieving it.

james
Old September 5th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Well... while you guys sit around bickering... and contemplating your
navel... the positive feedback continues to come in on ebay. The
latest amateur from the UK states "Postage a little steep - Excellent
item (far better than ANY power mic) A1+". An excellent report.
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old September 6th 07, 01:32 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 10:44:20 -0700, Telstar Electronics
wrote:

|Well... while you guys sit around bickering... and contemplating your
|navel... the positive feedback continues to come in on ebay. The
|latest amateur from the UK states "Postage a little steep - Excellent
|item (far better than ANY power mic) A1+". An excellent report.
|www.telstar-electronics.com

|------------------

Hey I am not contemplating my navel. It works fine for holding ketchup
while eating french fries while watching tv.

james

Old September 19th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Worldwide Feedback Pouring in... VoiceMax not a Huge Success!

: What are you basing this statement on? Fact or fiction? Please give a
: reference(s) that support your claim that holding the modulation at
: 100% can't be done.

I have never heard of any audio AGC circuit that doesn't have some measure
of overshoot. You claim to have invented an audio agc circuit with zero
overshoot..? When at least thousands of engineers have been trying to
approach the equivalent results for well over a half century.

: On the other hand... AGC circuits (like is used in VoiceMax) are well
: known... and support my claim that this rock-solid modulation level
: can be achieved.

There's a different in heavily compressed everthing audio and actual
usable audio level without all the background level/noise. Care to tell
us how you do it with such a basic circuit... even in generic terms is
fine with me.

thanks
s.
Old September 19th 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sep 18, 6:10 pm, Skipp checks in once in a while
wrote:
[...]

Good to hear from you Skipp. You're right... every AGC circuit has
overshoot. The overshoot on VoiceMax has a duration of about 1mS using
the Analog devices SSM2166. You can see the complete specs of this
chip at http://www.analog.com/UploadedFiles/...ts/SSM2166.pdf
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old September 19th 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

wrote:
| : What are you basing this statement on? Fact or fiction? Please give a
| : reference(s) that support your claim that holding the modulation at
| : 100% can't be done.
|
| I have never heard of any audio AGC circuit that doesn't have some measure
| of overshoot. You claim to have invented an audio agc circuit with zero
| overshoot..? When at least thousands of engineers have been trying to
| approach the equivalent results for well over a half century.
|
| : On the other hand... AGC circuits (like is used in VoiceMax) are well
| : known... and support my claim that this rock-solid modulation level
| : can be achieved.
|
| There's a different in heavily compressed everthing audio and actual
| usable audio level without all the background level/noise. Care to tell
| us how you do it with such a basic circuit... even in generic terms is
| fine with me.
|

|Good to hear from you Skipp. You're right... every AGC circuit has
|overshoot. The overshoot on VoiceMax has a duration of about 1mS using
|the Analog devices SSM2166. You can see the complete specs of this
|chip at http://www.analog.com/UploadedFiles/...ts/SSM2166.pdf
|www.telstar-electronics.com
|--------------

Feedback systems can be overdamped, underdamped or critically damped.
AGC is nothing more than a feedback control network. Any EE should
know that from Controls class which is a requirement. And by the way
you need to make a C or better in the class. You must have made a D or
and F in that class.

james
Old September 19th 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Brian has re-stated his feedback by now saying "feedback is at a trickle"

Vinnie S.
Old September 19th 07, 03:02 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Worldwide Feedback Pouring in... VoiceMax a Success!

On Sep 19, 8:41 am, Vinnie S. wrote:
Brian has re-stated his feedback by now saying "feedback is at a trickle"

Yes, I said "feedback has started to trickle in"... which is exactly
correct. As you may or may not know... this is how feedback normally
arrives via ebay. Some buyers respond immediately... and some report
back with quite a delay. Nothing unusual about that.
www.telstar-electronics.com