Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 6th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default SAMS 222

On Jan 6, 11:57*am, Vinnie S. wrote:
I am currently working on a friend's TRC-457, that is another restore project.
This radio was hacked. The channel mods, and clarifier all hacks. The deadkey
was real low. Channel selector is out. Lamps burnt out. I got the deadkey fixed
by replacing the final. That worked fine. As I was trying to adjust modulation
on my scope, I must have shorted the mic inputs, and lost the output. on AM, I
have no deadkey. On SSB, the relay chatters when I key up. I tested the fina and
it's still good. This one might be one of those one step up, 2 steps back
radios. It is the the only radio I have seen with all these different problems.

Wow... the radio was hacked. Must be your buddy Radiosrfun was in
there with his golden plated screwdriver.
You guys fixing radios is like a monkey at a typewriter... LOL

Sams for sale Bjmlittle00 CB 0 November 13th 03 01:00 AM
Sams on e-bay Nighthawk CB 0 November 12th 03 04:59 PM
Looking for Sams Photofact Dennis A. Homerick General 0 November 11th 03 08:49 PM
SAMS CB 209 Lou Swap 1 October 16th 03 01:34 AM
sams 209 Lou Swap 0 October 4th 03 01:16 AM