Old August 14th 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default CB Radio Operating

Are you sure? *I've never heard of food being classified as illegal drugs by
a state.

California is the ONLY state in the entire U.S. that does it.

Go to a regular grocery store in Appalachia, buy some cans of "poke
salat"
or "poke salad" and just try bringing it into California, making sure
that a
bunch of California cops see you with it and see how long it takes
before you end up in the poke. (pun intended).

Did that family break the law or not?

No.

While I agree they didn't, California disagrees.

Just like someone in a state where a blood alcohol content not
considered
drunk in that state drinks legal in that state then crosses over into
the next
state where that level of blood alcohol content is considered drunk
and over
the legal limit even thoug he never drank any alcohol in that latter
state.

He still legally gets arrested for DUI (driving under the influence
of alcohol)

In the same way, California can legally arrest someone for driving
under the
influence of illegal drugs )

remember, under Federal law, states are NOT allowed to make food from
other states illegal.

s. *A state cannot charge someone under a federal law just as a
federal prosecutor can't charge someone under a state law. *It's a little
thing called jurisdiction.

Interesting. I recently read claims that since the FCC no longer
investigates
complaints of ham radio interference that all complaints about ham
radios
interfering with someone automatically fall under local police
jurisdiction.

That is separate from and in addition to the law giving local police
the authority
to regulate CB radio.

,

*A. *The federal laws against possession
are only enforceable on federal property where the federal government has
"exclusive federal jurisdiction." *I

Now that can't be correct because if it is correct, then the FCC laws
against
posession (of 10 metermateur radios and certain FCC-approved CB radios
and
10 meter power amplifiers) are only enforcable on federal property
where the
federal government has exclusive federal jurisdiction and not
enforcable on
non-federal government property like Pilot truckstop stores or
private homes
and the FCC is committing a very serious crime by doing so.

I'm not talking about using them illegally. I'm talking about the
mere posession
of them. Since such devices could be and were used legally (or so
they
thought) by some people before the FCC declared that they were always
illegal
even back then.

And the FCC rule against operating certain types of FCC-approved CB
radios
ON the legal 40 CB channels makes the majority of , if not all of the
CB
radios sold from the mid 70's to the present day against the law to
use on
the legal 40 CB channels.!!!!

They tried moving it up to the more localized UHF band (frs) but John
Wilkerson did his best to make sure the opposite happened. Much to
the
delight of many 11 meter CB operators who don't want to move off the
11 meter band.

11 meter CB is here to stay. I hope. Because most of us poor people
can't
afford a bunch of new radios.

And yet the radio cops will turn in someone who is using a early to
mid 70's
FCC-approved Mr. Microphone for "illegally broadcastng with 1 watt of
power on
the FM broadcast band".

Well, from what I learned in public school, by law the FCC is supposed
to grandfather those devices.

However, that's not what's been happening lately from FCC notices I
read on
the internet.

The oposite seems to be happening and that they're fining anyone
using
any device over the current limits even if that device was made years
ago.

Some peole can't afford a new Mr. Microphone. Or a new CB.

And even some that can, see buying a new one as wasteful. Especially
if their
old one still works as well as it ever did.

Since current FCC rules prohibt using the majority of, if not all of,
the FCC-approved CB radios sold since the mid 1970's to the current
day on the regular legal 40 CB channels, look out!!!!

Because they've really been enforcing it lately, thanks to some of
the
self-appointed radio cops.

The self-appointed radio cops messed up MURS, and CB, and ham radio.

But even when pointed out to them how they messed it up, they still
couldn't
see the forest for the trees until it came back to bite them in the
butt.

And now the self-appointed radio cops are complaining about the very
rules
that they theirselves wanted to force into existence and that they
theirselves did get forced into existence.

Old August 15th 08, 03:59 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Maybe you could stroll through the hallways
of whatever school they go to,
and audit some of the language they get there,
they do attend school, don't they?

They do attend school; and the principal does a very good job of monitoring
the students' behavior. It's a small school with about 20-25 kids in each
grade. That's why I live near a very small town.

Old August 16th 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Fred" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 22:24:34 -0700, Bob Dobbs
wrote:

Fred wrote:
Does
it bother you to be wrong?

I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Bluegrass Bitch

It is so priceless! Your ignorance is the greatest toy I could ever
ask for; I am blessed!

Yeah, you are right, I am from Kentucky, LMAO! Well, I rode through
there on Greyhound once. Does that count?

Why do you ride dogs? Couldn't afford a horse?

Old August 18th 08, 04:18 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Aug 14, 7:58*am, "The Dude!" wrote:
The flatlands? Or the Appalachian hills?

California, the land of fruits and nuts? *Or the rest of the states?

Liberal California hates conservative Appalachia so much that
California banned bringing normal food from Appalachia
into California. You can get arrested, ticketed, fine, and thrown in
jail for doing so.

-------------------

You make a lot of references to Appalachia which seem to indicate that you
sense persecution a lot for being from there. *I grew up in and currently
live in the Ozarks, which has even more of a hillbilly reputation than
Appalachia. *I call Kalifornia the granola state - nuts, fruits, and flakes.

Back to the original post: *there are certain words that are considered foul
language throughout the country. *I wasn't referring to inuendo that can be
interpreted by some as foul. *I was referring to obvious foul language that
would be considered foul in the entire country. *You know, the words you
can't say on prime time TV. . .

Back to the original post: there are certain words that are
considered foul
language throughout the country. I wasn't referring to inuendo that
can be
interpreted by some as foul. I was referring to obvious foul language
that
would

ah, but that's just it. While I agree with you and agree the F word
shouldn't be said on public airwaves, in my part of
the country, the F word was said several times on prime time tv years
before cable tv was even available to anyone here.

It was on regular free over the air tv. And in prime time. And at
times kids could be watching. 7 PM to 11 PM
or maybe it was 6 PM to 12 mdnight.

And the FCC never fined them for it.

"community standards"

This was as far back as 1981.

.

.

Old August 18th 08, 05:10 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Aug 12, 12:03*pm, "The Dude!" wrote:
I wish CBers would follow rules that exist concerning the use of foul
language. *I like to hear and speak with CBers during my daily commute. *I
can't, however, have the CB on when the kids are in the car due to the
prolific use of foul language. *It's really sad how far the service has
sunk.

Oh for the heyday of the 70s when CBers were numerous and truckers were the
best drivers on the road (and, yes, I remember those days personally)!

Just to clear up my previous post, the F word was definitely said
several times as early as the 7 PM hour on free
prime time tv here, and continued on into the other hours until at
least 11 pm.