Old July 8th 09, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Ping Jay (on topic)

Hello Jay, please give me your opinion on running a 1 to 1 balun (isolator)
at the feed point of a yagi beam. Does it improve the rejection? I've been
reading up on it and some claim it helps. Thoughts?

Thanks, Steve.

Old July 8th 09, 01:48 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Steve wrote:
Hello Jay, please give me your opinion on running a 1 to 1 balun
(isolator) at the feed point of a yagi beam. Does it improve the
rejection? I've been reading up on it and some claim it helps.
Thoughts?

Thanks, Steve.

Hello Steve: I have had customers put the DX Engineering Isolator on
various antennas. I don't think it will be a big deal on the ground
plane antennas. But I would try to install them 1/4 wavelength down the
coax from the antenna connection on non ground plane antennas.

The Beam Antennas, I don't know. But beams that use Gamma Matches seem
to have some RF Energy radiating down the coax causing TVI and other
interference. It may be worth a try.

Wish I could give you more input here, but I have never used one of
those isolators. QST magazine showed the internal workings of this
isolator, a few months ago.

Hope this helps.

Jay in the Mojave

Old July 8th 09, 01:57 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Jay in the Mojave" wrote in message
umnetworking...
Steve wrote:
[...]

Hello Jay

Yeah I'm not so much concerned with RFI back down the jacket so much, but
from what I've been reading that can distort the direction and/or rejection,
especially on a yagi. I figured I'd ask the guru before I put it in line.

73
Steve.

Old July 9th 09, 01:51 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Steve wrote:
[...]

Hello Steve: Anyone who says their are a RF or Antenna Guru, is lieing
coming out of the gates.

Jay in the Mojave
Old July 8th 09, 05:11 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jul 7, 7:10*pm, "Steve" wrote:
Hello Jay, please give me your opinion on running a 1 to 1 balun (isolator)
at the feed point of a yagi beam. Does it improve the rejection? *I've been
reading up on it and some claim it helps. Thoughts?

Thanks, Steve.

Dont you really mean you want to go 1 on 1 with him and taste his
beam? Tell us the truth Roger Nair!

Old July 10th 09, 03:52 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

you ignorant faggot ass piece of ****. what a moron you are, queenie.
Old July 10th 09, 05:08 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jul 7, 7:10*pm, "Steve" wrote:
Hello Jay, please give me your opinion on running a 1 to 1 balun (isolator)
at the feed point of a yagi beam. Does it improve the rejection? *I've been
reading up on it and some claim it helps. Thoughts?

Thanks, Steve.

You aint Steve, you are a phony faggot