Old May 29th 10, 08:59 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Hey Mope.....

Last week I picked up a '73 D200 Club Cab, 400/727/D60 (4.10). And
lots of rust, of course. Jillions of things to do on it, mostly
electrical cause it was used to drag a 5th wheel. But while messing
around I tried my test CB and got several pounds of noise. Changes
pitch with engine RPM. Don't know if it's the ignition module or the
external regulator. What has your experience with mopars taught you?
Scrap the retro-regulator and go with a GM/Ford alternator? I'm
installing a 130A 3G in the F-250 so I have a headstart on that one.
Or shield the ignition harness and plug wires? Or something else?

Old May 30th 10, 12:23 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Frank Gilliland wrote:
Last week I picked up a '73 D200 Club Cab, 400/727/D60 (4.10). And
lots of rust, of course. Jillions of things to do on it, mostly
electrical cause it was used to drag a 5th wheel. But while messing
around I tried my test CB and got several pounds of noise. Changes
pitch with engine RPM. Don't know if it's the ignition module or the
external regulator. What has your experience with mopars taught you?
Scrap the retro-regulator and go with a GM/Ford alternator? I'm
installing a 130A 3G in the F-250 so I have a headstart on that one.
Or shield the ignition harness and plug wires? Or something else?

Replace plugs, cap, rotor, wires, points & condenser. Use resistor wires.

Old June 12th 10, 04:37 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
Last week I picked up a '73 D200 Club Cab, 400/727/D60 (4.10). And
lots of rust, of course. Jillions of things to do on it, mostly
electrical cause it was used to drag a 5th wheel. But while messing
around I tried my test CB and got several pounds of noise. Changes
pitch with engine RPM. Don't know if it's the ignition module or the
external regulator. What has your experience with mopars taught you?
Scrap the retro-regulator and go with a GM/Ford alternator? I'm
installing a 130A 3G in the F-250 so I have a headstart on that one.
Or shield the ignition harness and plug wires? Or something else?

Old school rig no doubt, Frank. I've not paid much attention to the sound
system in my plymouth, well sorta I did put an in-dash look alike cd player
but I can't really hear it above 3000 rpms so it's a waste of sorts. Do you
suspect ignition or fuel pump as the source?

Old June 13th 10, 03:11 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 23:37:45 -0400, "Steve"
wrote in :

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
.. .
Last week I picked up a '73 D200 Club Cab, 400/727/D60 (4.10). And
lots of rust, of course. Jillions of things to do on it, mostly
electrical cause it was used to drag a 5th wheel. But while messing
around I tried my test CB and got several pounds of noise. Changes
pitch with engine RPM. Don't know if it's the ignition module or the
external regulator. What has your experience with mopars taught you?
Scrap the retro-regulator and go with a GM/Ford alternator? I'm
installing a 130A 3G in the F-250 so I have a headstart on that one.
Or shield the ignition harness and plug wires? Or something else?

Old school rig no doubt, Frank. I've not paid much attention to the sound
system in my plymouth, well sorta I did put an in-dash look alike cd player
but I can't really hear it above 3000 rpms so it's a waste of sorts. Do you
suspect ignition or fuel pump as the source?

RFI from the fuel pump? In a '73?

Actually I think I have it pinned down to the ignition. Figured it out
by disconnecting the regulator and battery splitter box, then running
the engine off the battery.

But you do have a point. I just rebuilt the carb today and took it out
for a spin around the block. Can't hear much else but the motor (dual
exhaust, no cats, no cab insulation, weatherstripping shot, rust holes
in the floorboard, etc.). So I got a bit more work to do before I
worry about running the radio while driving.

That, and WA State just passed a cell-phone law making any hand-held
phone a primary offense. So I'm waiting to see how that's going to
play out with CB and other mic-operated 2-way users. I have a feeling
it's going be challenged in a high court..... but not by me!

Oh, and it turns out that this 400 has a 413 crank! I guess I'm gonna
hafta start looking for a 4bbl manifold, too.

Hey Mope..... Frank Gilliland CB 27 September 30th 05 01:26 AM
Mope the dope, when are you giving head at a truckstop next? KEYKLOWNS EAT DRIPPING DOGGIE DICKS CB 2 May 11th 04 01:15 AM
Not only is Mope the dope a coward... KEYKLOWNS EAT DRIPPING DOGGIE DICKS CB 0 May 10th 04 02:43 PM
Hey Mope! Twistedhed CB 2 September 2nd 03 10:27 PM