Old April 3rd 19, 06:21 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default How do YOU tune a Maco V58?

On Monday, April 14, 1997 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Bruce Bennett wrote:
I remember some time ago the talk about setting the overall length of a V58
to 222" tip to tail. I tried that. It seems you are almost removing about a
1/8 of a wave! Anybody got a close match at 27.205 with the factory setting?
This assumes you mount the antenna at least +18 feet. Have you gotten
the gamma match to flatten out the swr on either end of the band?

Obviously, I'm not at all happy yet with the proformance I'm getting with the
V58 but I still haven't convinced myself it's the antennas fault!

If I can get a good match I'm going to run some A/B tests between it and
a A99. Interested?

Does having the antenna on a 4 foot pole have any effect on tuning the swr or do i need to have it up higher to tune it?

Maco 6 Antenna Wolfe, Robert CB 0 September 19th 09 04:00 PM
i max 2000 or maco 5/8 Sugar Lollipop CB 2 September 26th 06 11:55 PM
Maco m103 at 45 deg bdonovan1 CB 1 October 18th 05 01:03 PM
WTB: Maco 300 Amplifier zork CB 11 June 22nd 05 01:28 AM
MACO 1KW MR. DEBONAIR CB 4 July 14th 04 09:36 PM