Old August 23rd 03, 02:11 AM

"charlesb" wrote:
"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
ink.net...

QRZ ??? who was the little twit there ??? QRZ ???

I don't pay much attention to anybody who claims to be a ham but won't
show a callsign. They're almost always anti-ham trolls.

Charles, N5PVL

Why do you cross post your drivel to rec.radio.cb then, brainiak?

--
GO #40
Old August 23rd 03, 01:55 PM
David Robbins

snip a bunch of stuff

The more I look at this thread the more it looks like the 'almost' perfect
troll. note that Cindy made one posting to start it to two conflicting
groups, one of which is known to be hostile to the discussed activity. She
already knew the frequencies, times, other operators, and apparently had
enough equipment to monitor said activity, which should have been enough to
answer her question without having to post to these groups. And after the
first, and surprisingly civil reply, she hopped in with both feet on a
totally unrelated topic to attack ham operators and label them not only as
judgmental hypocrites, but also as racist old white men... then she
disappeared.

If she could have done both with a single message it might have qualified as
a perfect troll, but now I can only give it a 9 out of 10 on the
troll-o-meter.

Old August 23rd 03, 11:27 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"charlesb" wrote in message
gy.com...

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
ink.net...

QRZ ??? who was the little twit there ??? QRZ ???

I don't pay much attention to anybody who claims to be a ham but won't

show
a callsign. They're almost always anti-ham trolls.

Charles, N5PVL

Yep.

Dan/W4NTI

Old August 23rd 03, 11:30 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
Ham Dat Am wrote:
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Old white guys are a legitimate target - and I hope to someday be an old
white guy.

Don't tell that to an old Marine who fought on Iwo Jima

I was just thinking that being old was better than the alternative! 8^)

And well, white guys of eurpean descent are kind of the target( and
supposed cause of all ills) these day, old or young are the target these
days, no?

- Mike KB3EIA -

What the Marine was saying....is some of us 'old white guys' that are
targets....can fire back.

Dan/W4NTI

Old August 24th 03, 01:19 AM
jim

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

"charlesb" wrote:

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
ink.net...

QRZ ??? who was the little twit there ??? QRZ ???

I don't pay much attention to anybody who claims to be a ham but
won't show a callsign. They're almost always anti-ham trolls.

Charles, N5PVL

Why do you cross post your drivel to rec.radio.cb then, brainiak?

Because the original message was there and in rrap, and I was
responding to a person tha tI think posted from there.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Don't worry about Moparholic. This is his usual troll. Tries to stir it
up, then bitches because its cross posted. He probably cross posted it
anyway.

It don't mean nothin man.

Dan/W4NTI

and you continue the xpost.
it does mean something man.........

Old August 24th 03, 01:48 PM
Carl R. Stevenson

"K0HB" wrote in message
m...
"Carl R. Stevenson" wrote

You *are* correct that there are too many hams who are
not open to, and often disparage, newcomers or "would-be's.
That IS a significant problem in bringing in the newcomers
and, particularly, younger folks who represent the future of
ham radio. On this point we agree 100%.

If there is *one* such ham, that is too many, but you seem to suggest
that the problem is widespread. On that notion we disagree 100%.

For every curmudgeon who disparages newcomers there are thousands who
actively welcome them. Check out www.mnyarc.org. It was formed by
members of our club, originally as a club sponsored Explorer Post, and
has grown into a standalone group fully dedicated to nurturing
youth-oriented amateur radio in our area. Hamfest Minnesota, also
sponsored by our club, has a policy of free admission to hams aged 17
and under. These are just a couple of examples right in my
neighborhood. Maybe you just live in a bad neighborhood.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Hans,

I have seen/heard it from SoCal to Florida to New England ...
over many years ...

However, I did not intend to imply that all/most/a large majority
of hams are that way ... just WAY too many are (although we
agree that even *one* is "too many," my experience is that there
are a LOT more than that ...

Perhaps folks are just friendlier overall up in your neck of
the woods?

Carl - wk3c

Old August 24th 03, 03:47 PM
JJ

gw wrote:

well comcast creep my name is gw, gw beckwith sir and i do not know
those other fine gentlemen but i do appreciate your help on the
matter......a advanced class turd, if you will,....... living in
colorado springs ........that should narrow down the pool of likely
candidates for one bodacious, first class phone phucking......doncha
know...

That is "an advanced class"....doncha know. Why "doncha" learn
the proper use of English?

Old August 24th 03, 03:56 PM

jim wrote:
Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

"charlesb" wrote:

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
ink.net...

QRZ ??? who was the little twit there ??? QRZ ???

I don't pay much attention to anybody who claims to be a ham but
won't show a callsign. They're almost always anti-ham trolls.

Charles, N5PVL

Why do you cross post your drivel to rec.radio.cb then, brainiak?

Because the original message was there and in rrap, and I was
responding to a person tha tI think posted from there.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Don't worry about Moparholic. This is his usual troll. Tries to stir
it up, then bitches because its cross posted. He probably cross
posted it anyway.

It don't mean nothin man.

Dan/W4NTI

and you continue the xpost.
it does mean something man.........

He doesn't know any better, he even uses his call on the freeband.

What a dumbass.

--
GO #40

trying to get back on packet using my old equipment larry Digital 1 January 15th 05 07:47 AM
Packet Ops Carl R. Stevenson Policy 41 January 10th 05 07:30 PM
Need help: Packet with Yaesu VX-5R HT and no-serial, USB-only notebook PC [email protected] Digital 4 December 22nd 04 06:07 PM
Need help: Packet with Yaesu VX-5R HT and no-serial, USB-only notebook PC [email protected] Digital 0 December 22nd 04 12:46 AM
CW Testing Question Mike Coslo Policy 52 May 29th 04 09:24 AM