Old September 5th 03, 06:15 PM
Limitedselection

Default schematics wanted - "jamming device"

Help!

I am looking for schematics for circuits to "jam" TV and CB reception.
I am interested in "jamming" reception on my property only, so the "jamming
device" needs to be really low power - only capable of "jamming" an area about
half the size of a 'small' city block.

I read about a circuit that transmits white noise from something like 25Mhz to
something like 30Mhz - effectively "jamming" reception. Any pointers?

I also read of a circuit that used a crystal detector and would only "jam"
after detecting a transmission! Anyone have any info on this?

The closest I have found so far is a reference on Google (dejanews) to
"s_jam.jpg", but there are no pictures there, so I cannot see the schematic.

Any information, schematics, or pointers to web sites would be greatly
appreciated!

Old September 5th 03, 11:48 PM
Jim Hampton

I'd never suggest intentional jamming. Of course, if you happen to have a
gasoline powered lawnmower and a 9 foot section of bell wire happened to
land on the spark plug (stripped end on the plug) and the other end on some
insulator such as a clothes line ... That would take out quite a bit of
spectrum around 27 MHz (likely 4 MHz either side) for reception for a few
blocks.

Not recommended, of course.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

"Limitedselection" wrote in message
[...]

---

Old September 6th 03, 12:47 AM

"Jim Hampton" wrote:
I'd never suggest intentional jamming. Of course, if you happen to have
a gasoline powered lawnmower and a 9 foot section of bell wire happened
to land on the spark plug (stripped end on the plug) and the other end on
some insulator such as a clothes line ... That would take out quite a
bit of spectrum around 27 MHz (likely 4 MHz either side) for reception
for a few blocks.

Not recommended, of course.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

Yea but those Briggs are real hard to hide when they're runnin.

--
GO #40
Old September 8th 03, 01:12 AM
Leland C. Scott

"Limitedselection"
wrote in message
.
Help!

I am looking for schematics for circuits to

"jam" TV and CB reception.
I am interested in "jamming" reception on my

property only, so the "jamming
device" needs to be really low power - only

capable of "jamming" an area about
half the size of a 'small' city block.

Just remember what goes around comes around. You
jam somebody else, then they find out who and do
the same to you. Its people like you that made 11m
the mess that it is. If you don't like what's
going on on the air then report it to the FCC
field office, or now more recently to your local
police. The local PD now has the power to
investigates cases of illegal CB operations and
take action against the operators.

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

ARRL Member
NCI Member

Charter member of the
Lawrence Technological University
Wireless Society W8LTU

Old September 8th 03, 01:47 AM

Just remember what goes around comes around. You
jam somebody else, then they find out who and do
the same to you. Its people like you that made 11m
the mess that it is.

"It takes one to know one."

"Spoken like a true jammer himself"

Tell me......Just what is it that you and many of your
amateur buddies do on this newsgroup with much
regularity? Can't those activities be considered. jamming
via a keyboard?

Old September 8th 03, 03:13 AM
Limitedselection

Subject: schematics wanted - "jamming device"
From: "Leland C. Scott"
Date: 9/7/2003 5:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time

"Limitedselection"
wrote in message
.
..
Help!

I am looking for schematics for circuits to

"jam" TV and CB reception.
I am interested in "jamming" reception on my

property only, so the "jamming
device" needs to be really low power - only

capable of "jamming" an area about
half the size of a 'small' city block.

Just remember what goes around comes around. You
jam somebody else, then they find out who and do
the same to you. Its people like you that made 11m
the mess that it is. If you don't like what's
going on on the air then report it to the FCC
field office, or now more recently to your local
police. The local PD now has the power to
investigates cases of illegal CB operations and
take action against the operators.

Leland,
I posted asking for a low-power CB jammer schematic - actually here is a quote:

I am interested in "jamming" reception on my

property only, so the "jamming
device" needs to be really low power - only

capable of "jamming" an area about
half the size of a 'small' city block.

Your reply to me asking about a device capable of only jamming signals on my
own property is WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND?
What does this mean? That after I jam myself I might get mad at myself and jam
myself?
I am willing to take that chance!

Thanks for your insightful advice though Leland!

Old September 8th 03, 09:24 AM
Brainbuster

Limitedselection wrote in message

I would much rather have someone jam me than pin my coax. I like to think

that
other people feel the same way.
To me trying to jam someone instead of potentially costing them a lot of

money
in repairs is actually being rather nice.

I doubt if they would see it the same way. Have you heard how p*ss*d off
CBers can get at being "keyed over" or jammed? You also suggest TV
blocking... have you ever had to deal with a woman who has had to miss her
favourite soap opera?

Plus he missed the fact that the post he was replying to was asking how to

jam
CB signals on my own property! I am afraid under these circumstances his
veiled threat 'what goes around comes around' holds no water - as I happen

know that I will not retaliate against myself.

I don't get it... are you actually trying to block signals from your own
receivers?
You would be blocking signals with another, stronger signal... so you are
making the receivers useless while it is on.
I fail to see the point... unless, although you own the property, someone
else is involved in some way. If it involves a second person in any way,
they could decide to either report it or do the same back to you.

There is another problem. To be sure to block signals fully, you need to
create a signal stronger than any being received. You cannot fully block
signals in a selected area without some signal going beyond that area. The
signal cannot just travel so far, then stop dead... although the CB DX rule
seems to suggest that someone thought they could.
Unless you have plenty of land around the area being blocked, you could
easily interfere with people outside that area being blocked.

ASSuming for a second that I did not know myself as well as I do and I in

fact
did end up jamming myself back as a sort of revenge - it wouldn't really
irritate me as I had started it in the first place and deserved to be

jammed by
myself.

LMAO.

Regards,