Old November 4th 03, 07:21 PM
Dave VanHorn

It's a difficult question. Do we applaud him for wanting to go legal? Or
do we slam him for ever having operated illegally? I have known former
pirate radio ooperators whose behaviour on the ham bands after they got
a licence was exemplary.

Where's the difficulty?
To quote the nice lady at the IRS office, "It's never too late to come
clean".

Old November 4th 03, 08:19 PM
Brenda Ann

"W7TI" wrote in message
On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 16:46:35 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:

If they have already been punished in some way by the courts, then the
answer to your query is (or should be) yes. If they have not been

punished
in some way by the courts, then, de facto, they have not been found

guilty
of any crime, and are to be presumed innocent.

What a great concept! If they've been punished, then hands off. If
they've NOT been punished, then hands off also.

I'd say you're a natural-born criminal lawyer (in both senses of the
word).

It's our system of law. They taught it to us in junior high school social
studies. I know I'm getting old, but I don't think things have changed all
that much...

Old November 4th 03, 08:28 PM
Mike Coslo

Alun Palmer wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote in
t:

Alun Palmer wrote:

I will probably be dropped soon, but the FCC has to go through
standard procedures with all the pending petitions. The international
requirement was dropped on July 5th, so by next July it should
probably be gone in the US.

Hehhe. Alun, you should be on the welcoming committee for this
dude!

- Mike KB3EIA -

It's a difficult question. Do we applaud him for wanting to go legal? Or
do we slam him for ever having operated illegally? I have known former
pirate radio ooperators whose behaviour on the ham bands after they got a
licence was exemplary.

Then let us hope that he is a shining beacon of behavior for the cause
of those who do away for the code test!

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old November 4th 03, 08:31 PM
Frank Gilliland

In , "Dave VanHorn"
wrote:

It's a difficult question. Do we applaud him for wanting to go legal? Or
do we slam him for ever having operated illegally? I have known former
pirate radio ooperators whose behaviour on the ham bands after they got
a licence was exemplary.

Where's the difficulty?
To quote the nice lady at the IRS office, "It's never too late to come
clean".

Twisty has a problem with anyone that can admit their faults.

Old November 4th 03, 11:58 PM
Steveo

Mike Coslo wrote:
Alun Palmer wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote in
t:

Alun Palmer wrote:

I will probably be dropped soon, but the FCC has to go through
standard procedures with all the pending petitions. The international
requirement was dropped on July 5th, so by next July it should
probably be gone in the US.

Hehhe. Alun, you should be on the welcoming committee for this
dude!

- Mike KB3EIA -

It's a difficult question. Do we applaud him for wanting to go legal?
Or do we slam him for ever having operated illegally? I have known
former pirate radio ooperators whose behaviour on the ham bands after
they got a licence was exemplary.

Then let us hope that he is a shining beacon of behavior for the
cause of those who do away for the code test!

- Mike KB3EIA -

It will be like the Cingular commercial.."can you hear me now?" g
Old November 5th 03, 01:28 AM
Steveo

Steveo wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote:
Then let us hope that he is a shining beacon of behavior for
the cause of those who do away for the code test!

- Mike KB3EIA -

It will be like the Cingular commercial.."can you hear me now?" g

I just saved a ton of money on my auto insurance.
Old November 5th 03, 04:05 AM
Landshark

"Steveo" wrote in message
Steveo wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote:
Then let us hope that he is a shining beacon of behavior for
the cause of those who do away for the code test!

- Mike KB3EIA -

It will be like the Cingular commercial.."can you hear me now?" g

I just saved a ton of money on my auto insurance.

Watching a little more TV lately?

Landshark

--
We are men at work, we've got a job to do.
Neil Young

Response to "21st Century" Part One (Code Test) N2EY Policy 6 December 2nd 03 03:45 AM
My response to Jim Wiley, KL7CC Brian Policy 3 October 24th 03 12:02 AM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM
Some comments on the NCVEC petition D. Stussy Policy 13 August 5th 03 04:23 AM
NCVEC NPRM for elimination of horse and buggy morse code requirement. Keith Policy 1 July 31st 03 03:46 AM