Old November 21st 03, 12:43 AM
Steveo

'Doc wrote:
Steve,
A "10 meter" radio is one that covers the 10 meter band,
28.000 to 29.700 Mhz, an amateur or 'ham' radio band. It's
usually a name given to a radio to get around the 'out of
band' frequency or power limitations of CB radio. Basically
just a modified CB radio. They are sometimes called an
'export' radio, same reason, to get around the regulations.
Most are no better than the average 'stock' CB radio and some
are considerably worse in performance.
The 240 'gazillion' channels is mostly a gimmik used in
advertising, in other words, "B.S.". Because of the way they
each work, you can put two SSB signals on one channel but only
one AM signal. 'They' want you to believe you're getting 120
channels instead of the 40 that you are really getting. Just
means that the CB industry (legal and not so legal) want to
sell radios and don't care how they do it. When you get right
down to it, the biggest difference between all CB radios is how
they look...
'Doc

Nice job, Doc.
Old November 21st 03, 12:48 AM
Citizens For A Keyclown-Free Newsgroup

Steveo wrote:
(Citizens For A Keyclown-Free Newsgroup) wrote:

---doug----

http://tinyurl.com/vlhn ----blowhard-----

---doug-----

" ----coward----

". --nym-shifter---

---doug-----

OK dude, that's it, I've had it. Meet me at the Pier Lon swamp out on
162 this Friday night at 9PM. If you show up, prepare for a rumble.
Old November 21st 03, 01:04 AM
Citizens For A Keyclown-Free Newsgroup

Steveo wrote:
What ****es off Hams is people like Twistedhed who use
them to freeband and intrude on the amateur frequencies.

Have proof that Twist has transmitted illegally? Rain report
is acceptable to me.

He probably is on there. How would we know? Twithed is too scared to
give his ham call, so what would the Rain Report call him,
"Twistedhed"?

Old November 21st 03, 02:07 AM
Steveo

wrote:
(Citizens For A Keyclown-Free Newsgroup) wrote:

---doug----

http://tinyurl.com/vlhn ----blowhard-----

---doug-----

" ----coward----

". --nym-shifter---

OK dude, that's it, I've had it. Meet me at the Pier Lon swamp out on
162 this Friday night at 9PM. If you show up, prepare for a rumble.

Tell it to your cat.

Sneaking tiny radios into North Korea Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 November 13th 04 05:02 PM
Comparison of six portable radios lsmyer Broadcasting 0 June 15th 04 01:21 AM
export cb radios I Am Not George Policy 12 March 30th 04 12:44 PM
FS MOTOROLA RADIO'S John Equipment 0 February 3rd 04 07:53 AM
MOTOROLA RADIOS for Sale! John Equipment 0 January 30th 04 03:56 PM