Old December 12th 03, 10:37 PM
Kelly and Robert

Default new cb ng?

Is anyone willing to get a real cb newsgroup started? I'm sure there are
many of you that are.. Later

Old December 12th 03, 10:38 PM
Steveo

"Kelly and Robert" wrote:
Is anyone willing to get a real cb newsgroup started? I'm sure there are
many of you that are.. Later

Join the yahoo one via email.
Old December 12th 03, 10:50 PM
Kelly and Robert

Could just stay here block the uneducated folks out there with no manners or
common decency and talk with the folks with a proper upbringing.. Unlike the
people that were brought up in a barnyard...For those of you that aren't
familiar with blocking a sender, click on the offensive sender like the few
unmentioned people out there "you know who you are", click on message and
block sender.. that easy..

Old December 12th 03, 10:59 PM
Steveo

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Kelly and Robert" wrote:
Is anyone willing to get a real cb newsgroup started? I'm sure there
are many of you that are.. Later

Join the yahoo one via email.

Could just stay here block the uneducated folks out there with no manners
or common decency and talk with the folks with a proper upbringing..
Unlike the people that were brought up in a barnyard...For those of you
that aren't familiar with blocking a sender, click on the offensive
sender like the few unmentioned people out there "you know who you are",
click on message and block sender.. that easy..

It will end up being a mental killfiter, because of the name and email
changes that are designed to circumvent your bozo-flush.

Enjoy the ride.
Old December 13th 03, 01:08 AM
Radioman

Kelly and Robert wrote:

Is anyone willing to get a real cb newsgroup started? I'm sure there are
many of you that are.. Later

Someone had one on Yahoo, but no one used it. They preferred the strife here.

There are plenty of other Yahoo Groups out there.

Old December 13th 03, 01:03 PM
Brainbuster

Kelly and Robert wrote in message ...
click on message and
block sender.. that easy..

Not in all newsreaders. This newsreader doesn't offer that... I have to
manually set up the filter.
But, the trolls keep changing their header details so that you have to keep
blocking them.

It is also a good idea to block some subjects and words. Some newsreaders
will allow you to "block" a whole thread - but I have to manually block
subjects.

While you are at it, get an e-mail filter running. They will try e-mail
abuse, but a good filter will stop it totally.

Regards,

Peter.

Old December 13th 03, 03:12 PM
PowerHouse CB & Scanner

I can see why... The filter he described was for Outlook Express, the exact
program you are running. Problem is, yours appears to be about 5 or more
years out of date...

PH

Old December 13th 03, 09:32 PM
Kelly and Robert

Thanks a bunch Peter: I'm working on it right now.. Sure is nice to see that
there really is some truely intelligent and nice folks out there willing to
help... Merry Christmas

Old December 13th 03, 10:02 PM
Radioman

PowerHouse CB & Scanner wrote:

I can see why... The filter he described was for Outlook Express, the exact
program you are running. Problem is, yours appears to be about 5 or more
years out of date...

PH

"Brainbuster" wrote in message
Not in all newsreaders. This newsreader doesn't offer that... I have to
manually set up the filter.

Peter, if you send me a snail mail addy, I'll send IE6, the older version
with the Java. You'll have to windowsupdate to get it up to date.

It's 45.3 MB.
Old December 14th 03, 11:49 PM
Brainbuster

Radioman wrote in message ...

Peter, if you send me a snail mail addy, I'll send IE6, the older version
with the Java. You'll have to windowsupdate to get it up to date.

IE6 will only run on Win98 and above... I am running 95.
I do have IE 5, IE5.5, and IE6... but I also have limited space on this
machine, which is only used for Internet.

Regards,

Peter.