Old December 14th 03, 09:28 PM
Josh

Default Mystery Button on Cobra 41 Plus?

I bought a used Cobra 41 Plus CB, without the manual. The first
pushbutton on it is labeled NB. What exactly is this? I can't tell
that it does anything when it's pushed.

Also, the mic for the 41 Plus is a smaller DIN-type connector with 5
or so small pins. Do they make adaptors which will allow me to
connect a regular 4-pin mic connector to the 41 Plus?

Finally, what is the Dynamike control supposed to do?
Old December 14th 03, 09:43 PM
Dave or Debby

It is the Noise Blanker (gets rid of electrical noises from power
wires and the air. There ain't no mystery to this!

An extension cord adaptor can be made to convert your 4 pin to the 5
pin din. Dynamic is a MIC GAIN--leave all the way up.
Dave!

Old December 15th 03, 04:53 PM
Steveo

Dave or Debby wrote:
It is the Noise Blanker (gets rid of electrical noises from power
wires and the air. There ain't no mystery to this!

An extension cord adaptor can be made to convert your 4 pin to the 5
pin din. Dynamic is a MIC GAIN--leave all the way up.
Dave!

Leaving it all the way up (mic gain) can cause it to sound like ****, and
make it pick up way too much background noise. Try to keep it as low
as you can, test it with a friend a few miles away from you.
Old December 17th 03, 09:59 PM
Donald Sherwood

To bad your not in my neck of the woods I could convert that radio to a
standard 4 or 5 Pin connector.

As for Mic Gain, it is used to increase the signal (Your Voice) to the
radio. Just like a Car audio amp Gain, it is not a volume control. If it is
truely a Gain circuit, cranking the gain will usally induce alot background
noise or may feedback.

om...