Old December 23rd 03, 04:46 AM
Steveo

"Sarge" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
laced wrote:
Steveo wrote in
:

"Sarge" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Sarge" wrote:
"CBM" wrote in message
newsz4Fb.166133$_M.754572@attbi_s54...
Live it alone, like was said , will not help on the
receiving end, if you need a difference use a amp.

got an amp but need to kick it harder. I have plenty recieve.
Working
off
an inverted V.

How directional is it?

figures out to be about 80% forward lobe.

Make sure you aim it, then.

great technical answer big guy.

Great technical question. 10-4?

Anyone know how to strap it ( mod to boost output) ?

and you would have worded the question, how? Back in the 60s thats what
we called it. This is the first one I've had since '68 or 69.

You laughed at the best advice..leave it alone.
Old December 23rd 03, 04:49 AM
Sarge

"Steveo" wrote in message
Steveo wrote:
How directional is it?

figures out to be about 80% forward lobe.

Make sure you aim it, then.

A 3 element vertical with a rotor would be more efficient. But
a y quad or pdl 2 style beam would be better for dx/ local. Inverted
V will handle a kw, if it's tuned...so many choices.

Don't want a beam for it. Going with an inverted V and NVIS. Only reason for
it is to communicate with the REACT folks who help out with our ham
emergency group and the EMC. And I might shoot some skip now and then, LOL!

Old December 23rd 03, 04:50 AM
Steveo

"Sarge" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Sarge" wrote:
"Radioman" wrote in message
Sarge wrote:

Anyone know how to strap it ( mod to boost output) ?

Hook Charlie Hugg's amp to it.

Any boost from the radio will only be noticed on YOUR meter.
The person on the other end will wonder why you sound like sh!t...

Hahahahaha!

Why is that funny?

I'm wondering why you figure it will sound like sh*t for one.

That's been answered already, you'll only increase your splatter
with those snip jobs. Leave it alone.
Old December 23rd 03, 04:51 AM
Steveo

"Sarge" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Steveo wrote:
How directional is it?

figures out to be about 80% forward lobe.

Make sure you aim it, then.

A 3 element vertical with a rotor would be more efficient. But
a y quad or pdl 2 style beam would be better for dx/ local. Inverted
V will handle a kw, if it's tuned...so many choices.

Don't want a beam for it. Going with an inverted V and NVIS. Only reason
for it is to communicate with the REACT folks who help out with our ham
emergency group and the EMC. And I might shoot some skip now and then,
LOL!

Rock on, you alligator station!
Old December 23rd 03, 05:13 AM
Landshark

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Sarge" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Sarge" wrote:
"Radioman" wrote in message
Sarge wrote:

Anyone know how to strap it ( mod to boost output) ?

Hook Charlie Hugg's amp to it.

Any boost from the radio will only be noticed on YOUR meter.
The person on the other end will wonder why you sound like sh!t...

Hahahahaha!

Why is that funny?

I'm wondering why you figure it will sound like sh*t for one.

That's been answered already, you'll only increase your splatter
with those snip jobs. Leave it alone.

He's right, cutting limiters only increase splatter.
You are better off getting a good antenna, proper
grounding and if needed a small good amp.

Landshark

--
Hard things are put in our way,
not to stop us, but to call out our

Old December 23rd 03, 05:13 AM
Landshark

"Steveo" wrote in message
Steveo wrote:
aaron av2000.com wrote:
Steveo wrote in
news:20031222215731.123 :

Steveo wrote:
How directional is it?

figures out to be about 80% forward lobe.

Make sure you aim it, then.

A 3 element vertical with a rotor would be more efficient. But
a y quad or pdl 2 style beam would be better for dx/ local. Inverted
V will handle a kw, if it's tuned...so many choices.

steve what type antenna do you use?

I have one of Jays ground plane's, and a y-quad.

..and some long wires.

Bet you mine is up higher g

Landshark

Old December 23rd 03, 05:19 AM
Steveo

"Landshark" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Steveo wrote:
aaron av2000.com wrote:
Steveo wrote in
news:20031222215731.123 :

Steveo wrote:
How directional is it?

figures out to be about 80% forward lobe.

Make sure you aim it, then.

A 3 element vertical with a rotor would be more efficient. But
a y quad or pdl 2 style beam would be better for dx/ local.
Inverted V will handle a kw, if it's tuned...so many choices.

steve what type antenna do you use?

I have one of Jays ground plane's, and a y-quad.

..and some long wires.

Bet you mine is up higher g

Landshark

I'll keep my pennies in my pocket. Bet I've tried more angles
than you!
Old December 23rd 03, 05:38 AM
Landshark

"Steveo" wrote in message

Bet you mine is up higher g

Landshark

I'll keep my pennies in my pocket. Bet I've tried more angles
than you!

Maybe, but my antenna we just put up the tree,
118', now that's up there.

Landshark

Old December 23rd 03, 06:02 AM
Landshark

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Landshark" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message

Bet you mine is up higher g

Landshark

I'll keep my pennies in my pocket. Bet I've tried more angles
than you!

Maybe, but my antenna we just put up the tree,
118', now that's up there.

Landshark

Wrist rocket?

Nope, had a friend that trims tree's
for a living, put on the tree spikes, climb
the tree. Had an Army bigstick on a 10'
mast above the tree, works pretty good
barefoot, you should hear it with the
power on g

Landshark

Cobra 19 mods I Am Not Ice Equipment 2 October 27th 04 05:46 PM
Cobra 18 WX ST II vs. Cobra 75 WX ST All-in-handset -numbskull CB 0 December 13th 03 05:01 AM
Need info: Cobra 75 2LD751 CB 13 November 18th 03 01:13 PM
Cobra 2-Way/works in moving autos??? ront2 CB 5 November 11th 03 07:28 PM
Help!! Please help with this old Cobra Rig!! Mark CB 0 September 26th 03 09:30 PM