Old January 2nd 04, 10:48 PM
Steveo

(Richard Cranium) wrote:
"Jerry Oxendine" wrote in message
"Richard Cranium" wrote in message
om...

Richard,

I believe I DO remember the conversation ! (See there,
I told you I would admit it) and I *think* it had to do with
using the Galaxys and Connex's on the regular 40. (now
since I don't have the correct text, I think (?????) I was
trying to say that if you use the Galaxy and other export rigs within
the 40 channels you would not be likely to run afoul of FCC in light
of the current emphasis on 10 Meter incursions. I don't even think the
fed is even concerned with the activity within the 40 channels so long
as that activity doesn't call attention to it. Usually it happens when
a neighbor complains..

OH well, whatever I said, I didn't mean to encourage
using ham equipment on the CB bands, etc etc. I hope
you can find that thread; I'd like to read it myself to see
what trouble I've got myself into! LOL!

73

Jerry

It took some digging, but I finally located the thread. The message in
question was dated October 17, 2003.

And I may have overstated your comment; what you said was that you
had no objection to people using modified amateur radios on CB as long
as they stayed out of the ham bands , which is quite different from
"encouraging" people to use them. Mea culpa.

Jerry's hard to figure ($- David Allen Coe). He rips CBer's in
the policy group, but he's ok here at times.. fence sitter, Jer.

What's up with that, Jerry? ;-)
Old January 2nd 04, 11:49 PM
Jerry Oxendine

Again I may be wrong, but *most* of the time when I do
that it is in response to a troll like the one "Do hams tip".

And then it's to show how silly the stereotypes a "smelly" hams vs leaky
trailer and rusty ole Pontiacs with
twin 102" whips. I don't really mean to insult anybody.

Jerry

Old January 3rd 04, 12:06 AM
Steveo

"Steveo" wrote in message
(Richard Cranium) wrote:
[...]

I was speaking of your -chicken band, hahaha- references in
the ham groups. It's all good.
Old January 3rd 04, 04:20 AM
gw

"Steveo" wrote in message
(Richard Cranium) wrote:
[...]

why bring david allen coe into this conversation??? leave homes out
of it....by the way jerry i went and saw cold mountain.....the movie
sucked and it was a waste of $8.00 but i did see where you get that
southern mode of speech that you like to mimick from time to time on
here......thinking i guess that somehow that is a putdown of
truckers........well who cares right??? but the only thing i learned
is that the way you try and be funny mimicking truck drivers talking
is nothing more than sounding like you hillbillys in the carolinas
......nothing more and nothing less.......do you think it would be
appropriate to , ah i believe the term you use is:
'snicker'.......right about now????
Old January 3rd 04, 09:25 PM
Jerry Oxendine

"gw" wrote in message

but the only thing i learned
is that the way you try and be funny mimicking truck drivers talking
is nothing more than sounding like you hillbillys in the carolinas
.....nothing more and nothing less.......do you think it would be
appropriate to , ah i believe the term you use is:
'snicker'.......right about now????

Sure! Snicker away! As to the way the drivers talk, all you gotta do is

Old January 4th 04, 03:53 AM
Jerry Oxendine

om...