Old December 28th 03, 06:32 PM
CJJB

Default Kernow Beta 1100

Hi All

Got a Kernow Beta 1100 back here (UK 40,) anyone, any idea how much its
worth? I bought it for 89 with swr meter and magmount whip (UK pounds?)

Going over to 80 channel!

CB

Old December 30th 03, 07:29 AM
Brainbuster

CJJB wrote in message ...
Hi All

Got a Kernow Beta 1100 back here (UK 40,) anyone, any idea how much its
worth? I bought it for 89 with swr meter and magmount whip (UK pounds?)

Probably not much. Second-hand does not fetch much, and the market
is not too good right now.

Going over to 80 channel!

Get one while they are available, although I don't expect the present stock
will dry up too quick unless the market suddenly picks up.

Happy new year.

Peter.

Old December 30th 03, 06:44 PM
CJJB

Cheers

When is the market best? Is it ever best? Can you see any rise in sales of
second hand uk40s?

CB

Old January 2nd 04, 07:25 AM
Brainbuster

CJJB wrote in message ...
Cheers

When is the market best? Is it ever best? Can you see any rise in sales of
second hand uk40s?

Got a time machine?

I can imagine the dropping of CB licensing bringing about a small increase,
but nothing major.
I have already seen the licensing changes mentioned on a motoring related
Website, so there could be a bit of a market open up in mobile CBs again
once the licence has gone.

Even new prices are quite low, when you compare the 80 channel sets to the
£100+ that the 40 channel ones cost in late 1981 and early 1982.
CB has followed the usual product life cycle concept... it just went through
the stages rather quickly. However, now and then people suddenly start
going for some old craze again, like skateboards or Yoyos... so who knows.

If people get tired of throwing money at mobile 'phone companies (who are
raking in millions), and see the possibilities of CB for general chatter,
then things could pick up.
But the CB businesses need to start advertising beyond the few existing
users, and start targeting those who do not have one, those who may not have
even been born when they became legal here.

Regards,

Peter.