Old February 1st 04, 09:57 PM
Helmut

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com schrieb im Newsbeitrag
nk.net...

I won't be going anywhere. I'll still be operating CW in all the normal
places.

Will you please start on the important spots like 3984,5 and 3696 and 14275
and 21430 and so on, you shurely know the spots you're hanging around. This
will do much good to the "normal" ham world.

OE8SOQ
Helmut

Old February 1st 04, 10:11 PM
Old School

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 21:16:57 GMT, "Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this
mindspring.com wrote:

"WA8ULX" wrote in message
If it becomes a
reality, I will be one of many who will get a membership with the ARRL
to take the place of the grumpy old men. 55 years of age and older as
the ARRL reported, so good bye!!!

Why you limp wristed Cber, look the "CBRRL" came out in your favor, so

dont be
so tight send in your MONEY.

They ain't gonna come off that 40 bucks.

I have decided to stay in Bruce. I'm going to do what I can to get rid of
these goofs that voted for this crap....from the INSIDE.

Dan/W4NTI

Most of those so called goofs as you called them are the ticket
holders like yourself, but with an open mind. You and what army are
gonna get rid of them? You and Bruce? Bah, Have fun trying.

Old February 1st 04, 10:12 PM
Old School

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 21:14:04 GMT, "Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this
mindspring.com wrote:

"Old School" wrote in message
.. .
Where will you Pro-Coders go now? I have a feeling that all you
against NO-CODE HF will like the new move. You may not like it now,
but you will. If not, will you give up on Amateur Radio like several
have stated they resigned there ARRL commission? There is no proof
that anyone has resigned there ARRL Membership! Was it all talk and no
action? You Pro-Coders are full of it and you know it. If it becomes a
reality, I will be one of many who will get a membership with the ARRL
to take the place of the grumpy old men. 55 years of age and older as
the ARRL reported, so good bye!!!

I won't be going anywhere. I'll still be operating CW in all the normal
places.

As for the ARRL. I will be staying with them also. There is a much better
chance of changing them from within, then from without.

Dan/W4NTI

Thanks for the tip.

Old February 2nd 04, 01:49 AM
Old School

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 18:06:05 -0500, Lou wrote:

On 01 Feb 2004 23:04:34 GMT, (WA8ULX) wrote:

I wonder how confused his contacts have gotten
on the receiving end of CW.

There not confused at all

Who's "there"? You mean They're.

My point exactly!!!

Old February 2nd 04, 04:03 AM
Bob McConnell

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 12:52:16 GMT, "Charles Brabham"
wrote:

"Old School" wrote in message
.. .

Thats what Im getting at. If everyone stays where they should be, then
what is the problem?

Your rude, ignorant, anti-ham attitude here illustrates the "problem" very
clearly and concisely. You have just made the opposition's arguement for
them.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

Come on Charles, he's not nearly as rude as you have been with your
anti-Internet rants. He's just asking a simple question that I would
like to hear your answer for.

Bob McConnell
N2SPP

Old February 2nd 04, 04:14 AM
Old School

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 04:03:56 GMT, Bob McConnell
wrote:

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 12:52:16 GMT, "Charles Brabham"
wrote:

"Old School" wrote in message
. ..

Thats what Im getting at. If everyone stays where they should be, then
what is the problem?

Your rude, ignorant, anti-ham attitude here illustrates the "problem" very
clearly and concisely. You have just made the opposition's arguement for
them.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

Come on Charles, he's not nearly as rude as you have been with your
anti-Internet rants. He's just asking a simple question that I would
like to hear your answer for.

Bob McConnell
N2SPP

You are a bad guy now too Bob just for replying. But that is all I
asked for was a simple answer. It seems Dan, Bruce and Charles want to
avoid a serious answer by doing the run-around.

kf6foz
Old February 2nd 04, 02:24 PM
Herman Tibbs

Ok, at the time I am a no-code tech but I am working on getting my CW so I
can advance to General. I would prefer to go the "Old School" route as the
people who got me into it also did. I think my 12 year old son is even
challenging me on the CW. If I get it and my general, he goes and gets his
tech. I got news for him. He'd better get ready for the CW cause when I
take it, I am also going to take the Extra class in the same session so he
had better get ready to go General pretty quick (laughing).

On the other hand, I think that it is good that they are trying to make
the hobby more attractive so that more might get into it.

As a result, I do think that more "self-policing" should be practiced as
in every crowd, you have a bad element.

Feel free to e-mail any comments about this posting to me.

73
KC8VJD

Old February 2nd 04, 05:43 PM
Old School

I applaud you for wanting to do it the old school way. Nothing wrong
with that. I want to as well, but time doesnt allow that for me unless
I get time soon.

73
kf6foz

Old February 2nd 04, 06:33 PM
Old School

wrote:

[...]

I too would like the Old School approach, hence my name here. There
isnt much for VE testing in my area and it conflicts with my schedule
when one is in town. Therefore I have to work while I wait for the
oppertunity to get the time. Thats good you have someone to work with
as well. Not much here locally in the means of Amateurs on any band HF
or VHF/UHF. I wish you and your son luck on the tests.

It is a well known fact that there is at least one other amateur in
the area of an offending user. All it takes is some effort to protect
it. It isnt that hard to report someone. I dont like being called a
knarc, but damnit if someone is going to risk me losing my priviliges
for there actions.

Why Internet radio will "arrive" this year Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 January 5th 05 05:43 PM
Re; Where will you CW'rs go when the NO-CODERS arrive? I Am Not George Policy 0 February 29th 04 09:53 PM
No Heaven for CW coders Clint Policy 21 September 24th 03 10:42 PM
No Heaven for CW coders N2EY Policy 3 September 20th 03 12:50 PM
No Heaven for CW coders garigue Policy 0 September 17th 03 09:52 PM