Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 14th 04, 07:46 AM
Hamguy

Default Silver Salute Mic

This thing kicks ass on CB, especially if you have mic gain. I've been a
CB'er since I was 12 and I know what a good mic sounds like. This isn't even
argued, if you know what you're doing with CB, you automatically have this
mic, it's like unwritten law. As far as ham, I've used it on 75 meters, but
most of the ham rigs I have are just VHF/UHF which comes
with it's own mic and keypad on it so it makes to sense to use it. On AM
though, this baby is king.

I'd say this mic is the improved version of the D-104 (even though that mic
has be around before I was born, lol) just because it's a nice looking
microphone and the D-104 is just plain ugly. Not to mention you have
external tone and volume.

A word of caution, transmitting when the radio is off (for instance you left
it on you car seat in a funny position where it holds the mic key) drains
the battery in a night. And if you ratchet jaw like I do on 11m, be sure you
have an extra 9V in the glove box, you just might need it after a while.
Great audio on 75 meters too!

73's all! -Dan W4NTI