Old February 18th 04, 04:50 AM
Zeeeeeeee3

Default SSB Radio Problem?

Hi again.

I got a new Galaxy DX 2547 the other day, and am not sure if I have a problem
or not.

When I listen to Ch. 38 LSB, the frequency counter displays about 27.3847 when
i tune the clarifier to hear the other people's voices well.

However, when I transmit, the frequency counter jumps up to 27.3855.

So I assume I am transmitting at 27.3855, but when I tune to this frequency
with the clarifier, everyone sounds way too high in pitch, I can't even
understand them.

So......is everyone else hearing me way too high in pitch to understand me?

Thank you for any help.
Old February 19th 04, 09:48 AM
unknown

Did U attempt to ask them? A factory radio can still need a proper service
alignment with the properly calibrated tools.

Old February 19th 04, 04:36 PM
CHUCK ADKINS IS A HOMO HYPOCRYTE

Faggot ass gets an illegal radio then whines when it don't work
right...heeeheeeheee!

Randy drinks cum from the men he blows in truckstops to get money for
crack!
Randolph W. Chapman
2701 13TH AV N
TEXAS CITY, TX 77590
409-945-2800

Call him when you are in the area, he needs money for crack, so he
will suck your dick anytime for a low price.

Old February 19th 04, 07:47 PM
Zeeeeeeee3

How is this an illegal radio?

Old February 22nd 04, 04:46 AM
Andy Cogswell

"Zeeeeeeee3" wrote in message

When I listen to Ch. 38 LSB, the frequency counter displays about 27.3847

when
i tune the clarifier to hear the other people's voices well.

However, when I transmit, the frequency counter jumps up to 27.3855.

So I assume I am transmitting at 27.3855, but when I tune to this

frequency
with the clarifier, everyone sounds way too high in pitch, I can't even
understand them.

Your clairifier is adjusting the receive. Not every radio in the world is
completly in sync with each other. You will frequently need to adjust your
clairifier to properly hear another signal. It doesn't mean there's
necessarily anything wrong with your radio. BTW - your radio should be
transmitting on 27.3850 for channel 38, but that extra 5 on the end really
isn't going to make a difference.

Old February 22nd 04, 05:10 AM

snip

BTW - your radio should be
transmitting on 27.3850 for channel 38, but that extra 5 on the end really
isn't going to make a difference.

The extra five represents a 500 hertz shift in the operators voice.
That shift will make a very noticeable difference.