RadioBanter

-   -   Question about 10 m frequencies (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/31224-question-about-10-m-frequencies.html)

Twistedhed February 20th 04 10:17 PM

Question about 10 m frequencies

Why is it not OK to freeband on unused parts
of 11 and 10 meters?

Organized, long term freebanders are very aware
where they operate and take great measure to
ensure against talking on an amateur frequency
or one that isn't heavily used on the freeband.
If the non-U.S. stations can operate ssb there,
why shouldn't I, especially if I want to have a nice
DX contact with one of them?

Many of us LIKE the law as it is, it keeps "yes men"
off the freqs. Same analogy as the gun issue...
when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have
guns...no, you won't find many freebanders lobbying
for change to open the freqs because the law as
it reads, doesn't bug us.

No rationalization is even needed except to reply to
folks that repeatedly ask over and over, "Why?" It is
these folks that feel they need a reason why we do
what we do, not us.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Article poste via Voila News - http://www.news.voila.fr
Le : Fri Feb 20 23:17:51 2004 depuis l'IP : ac8bbce3.ipt.aol.com [VIP 532284301978]

Robert Casey February 20th 04 10:40 PM

Twistedhed wrote a troll....

Dave Heil February 21st 04 01:11 AM

Robert Casey wrote:

Twistedhed wrote a troll....

....and Leonard "Big Fish" Anderson can expound endlessly about the fact
that they haven't produced any freeband frequencies since 1955.

Dave K8MN

William February 21st 04 01:07 PM

Twistedhed wrote in message ...
Why is it not OK to freeband on unused parts
of 11 and 10 meters?

Organized, long term freebanders are very aware
where they operate and take great measure to
ensure against talking on an amateur frequency
or one that isn't heavily used on the freeband.
If the non-U.S. stations can operate ssb there,
why shouldn't I, especially if I want to have a nice
DX contact with one of them?

You should. You're special. You should do anything you like because
you are better than everyone else. Because you are better than
everyone else, you should enjoy priveleges that no one else has.
Speed on the highway and cut-in at the exits. Help yourself to free
cable television. Commit insurance fraud. Do some insider trading,
and kidnap someone. Run for office.

Radioactivened February 21st 04 02:20 PM

Why is George Busch wa3moj forging twistedhed again and crossposting to other
groups?

N8WWM February 21st 04 06:09 PM

In article , Radioactivened
says...

Why is George Busch wa3moj forging twistedhed again and crossposting to other
groups?

I still bang him.

You ask w

Braìnbuster February 22nd 04 08:57 PM

Robert Casey wrote in message ...
Twistedhed wrote a troll....

Check the header...
22:17:51 GMT)
That is one of the "anti-keyclowns" promoting illegal use.

Regards.

Peter.

rsilly February 23rd 04 01:54 AM

On 20 Feb 2004 22:17:51 GMT, Twistedhed wrote:

[...]

FORGERY,THIS POST BROUGHT TO YOU COURTESY OF WA3MOJ

Twistedhed February 23rd 04 04:08 PM

From: (Robert=A0Casey)
Twistedhed wrote a troll....

LOL...."Twistedhed" wrote no such thing,,,,WA2ISE was HAD by a lid named
George Busch WA3MOJ,,,but 'ol Twist holds no grudge,,,,,Georgie-boy has
been the ng punch-clown for years,,..you'd pretend to be someone else,
too, if you were he. His shame is of the greatest magnitude.