Old February 20th 04, 10:17 PM
Twistedhed

Default Question about 10 m frequencies

Why is it not OK to freeband on unused parts
of 11 and 10 meters?

Organized, long term freebanders are very aware
where they operate and take great measure to
ensure against talking on an amateur frequency
or one that isn't heavily used on the freeband.
If the non-U.S. stations can operate ssb there,
why shouldn't I, especially if I want to have a nice
DX contact with one of them?

Many of us LIKE the law as it is, it keeps "yes men"
off the freqs. Same analogy as the gun issue...
when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have
guns...no, you won't find many freebanders lobbying
for change to open the freqs because the law as
it reads, doesn't bug us.

No rationalization is even needed except to reply to
folks that repeatedly ask over and over, "Why?" It is
these folks that feel they need a reason why we do
what we do, not us.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Article poste via Voila News - http://www.news.voila.fr
Le : Fri Feb 20 23:17:51 2004 depuis l'IP : ac8bbce3.ipt.aol.com [VIP 532284301978]
Old February 20th 04, 10:40 PM
Robert Casey

Twistedhed wrote a troll....

Old February 21st 04, 01:11 AM
Dave Heil

Robert Casey wrote:

Twistedhed wrote a troll....

....and Leonard "Big Fish" Anderson can expound endlessly about the fact
that they haven't produced any freeband frequencies since 1955.

Dave K8MN
Old February 21st 04, 01:07 PM
William

Twistedhed wrote in message ...
Why is it not OK to freeband on unused parts
of 11 and 10 meters?

Organized, long term freebanders are very aware
where they operate and take great measure to
ensure against talking on an amateur frequency
or one that isn't heavily used on the freeband.
If the non-U.S. stations can operate ssb there,
why shouldn't I, especially if I want to have a nice
DX contact with one of them?

You should. You're special. You should do anything you like because
you are better than everyone else. Because you are better than
everyone else, you should enjoy priveleges that no one else has.
Speed on the highway and cut-in at the exits. Help yourself to free
cable television. Commit insurance fraud. Do some insider trading,
and kidnap someone. Run for office.

Old February 21st 04, 02:20 PM
Radioactivened

Why is George Busch wa3moj forging twistedhed again and crossposting to other
groups?
Old February 21st 04, 06:09 PM
N8WWM

In article , Radioactivened
says...

Why is George Busch wa3moj forging twistedhed again and crossposting to other
groups?

I still bang him.

You ask w

Old February 22nd 04, 08:57 PM
Braìnbuster

Robert Casey wrote in message ...
Twistedhed wrote a troll....

Check the header...
22:17:51 GMT)
That is one of the "anti-keyclowns" promoting illegal use.

Regards.

Peter.

Old February 23rd 04, 01:54 AM
rsilly

On 20 Feb 2004 22:17:51 GMT, Twistedhed wrote:

[...]

FORGERY,THIS POST BROUGHT TO YOU COURTESY OF WA3MOJ

Question about 10 m frequencies Twistedhed Policy 12 February 27th 04 06:10 PM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM
BPL Video On-Line JJ Policy 31 August 17th 03 09:12 PM