Old March 3rd 04, 07:16 AM
cleber

Default Can my setup handle a Xforce XT-400? Help Please!!!!

I'm ready to buy my first amp I choosed a XT-400 since I'm going to
invest in the money I'll do it the right way!!!
My question is can my setup handle a XT-400, or I'm way over my head
for a beginner, I have a Chevy Silverday Z71 running a stock
alternator 105amp, my radio is a emperor ts-5010 the radio peaks at
60watts using a midland metter, my SWR is 1:3, I'm using a Wilson
SW-2000 antenna,I dont know my dead key but I"ll find out.

I like the look of the XForce XT-400 more then Magna Force 900, I
pretend to use SSB and all modes possible, should I get a Magna Force
900 that have all that built in or should a pay for the upgrade for
the XForce XT-400, will the XT-400 with the mods work better the Magna
Force 900?

All help is appreciated,
-Cleber

Old March 11th 04, 05:48 AM
OZARK333

My question is can my setup handle a XT-400
Yes, but you may need a second battery in parallel to handle the amperage draw.
Most people just use a sealed cell in the vehicle or mount a second battery
under the hood. 2-2290's driving 4-2879's good for 800 easy. Just be sure to
have excellent grounds.......look out...more hetrodyne on the way!
333 Mobile Springfield MO

"Got RF?"