RadioBanter

RadioBanter (https://www.radiobanter.com/)
-   CB (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/)
-   -   Ideas for a homemade mobile antenna. (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/32056-ideas-homemade-mobile-antenna.html)

Steveo June 13th 04 12:13 PM

"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
"Bada Bing" wrote in message
s.com...
Unlike you, you faggot ass cock sucker


begin 666 BlackJackPershing1.jpg
[88549 bytes]
end

Is this a binary group?

I Am Not George June 13th 04 09:16 PM

Steveo wrote:
"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
"Bada Bing" wrote in message
s.com...
Unlike you, you faggot ass cock sucker


begin 666 BlackJackPershing1.jpg
[88549 bytes]
end

Is this a binary group?


Steveo you criticize leland for posting a binary but say nothing to
badabing for using foul language/gay sex theme.

LOL your bias is showing. you and Landshark are the biggest hypocrites
in this group

I Am Not George June 13th 04 09:29 PM

Lancer wrote:
Chris; Nice looking antenna, large open air coils are more

efficient.
Some people see a large open air coil and think its all about power
handling capability.


rotflmao I dont think mounting 8 lb. of plumbing on your trunk lid is
efficient. There are easier ways to get bandwith. for example if you
want efficient youd be using a 9 ft whip. even bent over like a bow
the 9 ft is more efficient than a 4 ft loaded open air coil model.

Steveo June 13th 04 10:51 PM

Lancer wrote:
On 13 Jun 2004 20:29:08 GMT, Steveo
wrote:



Who's apartment?

Nads.

I Am Not George June 13th 04 10:55 PM

Lancer wrote:
On 13 Jun 2004 13:29:14 -0700,
(I Am Not
George) wrote:

Lancer
wrote:
Chris; Nice looking antenna, large open air coils are more

efficient.
Some people see a large open air coil and think its all about power
handling capability.


rotflmao I dont think mounting 8 lb. of plumbing on your trunk lid

is
efficient. There are easier ways to get bandwith. for example if you
want efficient youd be using a 9 ft whip. even bent over like a bow
the 9 ft is more efficient than a 4 ft loaded open air coil model.


You don't have a clue to what you are talking about.

http://tinyurl.com/yq3gd

1) Broad Bandwidth does not mean an antenna is more efficient.


I didnt bring up bandwith someone else did

2) No one ever said a 4 ft antenna was more efficient than 9 ft one.


no you said the open air coils were more efficient

3) A 9 foot antenna "bent over" will more than likely be less
efficient than a properly designed 4 or 5 foot antenna.


the open air coil antenna is less efficient because the coil radiates
part of the power and that power is lost.

4) A stainless steel antenna is less efficient than a copper antenna
of the same length.


not if its electrically shorter than the stainless one

Now do you care to make another post and prove what a
stupid dumbass you are when it comes to antenna theory?


the only dumbass here is you lol

Leland C. Scott June 14th 04 12:21 AM


"Steveo" wrote in message
...
"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
"Bada Bing" wrote in message
s.com...
Unlike you, you faggot ass cock sucker


begin 666 BlackJackPershing1.jpg
[88549 bytes]
end

Is this a binary group?


You're not in charge.


--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft



Steveo June 14th 04 12:45 AM

Lancer wrote:
On 13 Jun 2004 20:29:08 GMT, Steveo
wrote:



Who's apartment?

Here's geo's:

http://tinyurl.com/3aysh

I Am Not George June 14th 04 01:16 AM

Lancer wrote:
On 13 Jun 2004 14:55:14 -0700,
(I Am Not
George) wrote:

Lancer
wrote:
On 13 Jun 2004 13:29:14 -0700,
(I Am Not
George) wrote:

Lancer
wrote:
Chris; Nice looking antenna, large open air coils are more
efficient.
Some people see a large open air coil and think its all about

power
handling capability.

rotflmao I dont think mounting 8 lb. of plumbing on your trunk lid

is
efficient. There are easier ways to get bandwith. for example if

you
want efficient youd be using a 9 ft whip. even bent over like a

bow
the 9 ft is more efficient than a 4 ft loaded open air coil model.

You don't have a clue to what you are talking about.

http://tinyurl.com/yq3gd

1) Broad Bandwidth does not mean an antenna is more efficient.


I didnt bring up bandwith someone else did


You sure did, look back at your post.

2) No one ever said a 4 ft antenna was more efficient than 9 ft

one.

no you said the open air coils were more efficient


They are more efficient than a coil wound on a solid form.
Want to argue that point?


And an isotropic radiator is more efficient than an open air coil.
Want to argue that point?

3) A 9 foot antenna "bent over" will more than likely be less
efficient than a properly designed 4 or 5 foot antenna.


the open air coil antenna is less efficient because the coil

radiates
part of the power and that power is lost.


Wrong, the coil has very little radiation. The open air coil has

less
loss because the losses are less in an open air coil.
(resistive losses, capacitive coupling losses, form loss)
Do a search on coil Q

Care to argue that point?


"The open air coil has less loss because the losses are less in an
open air coil." thats like Twisty saying "its true because I said so"
lol. Care to argue that point?

4) A stainless steel antenna is less efficient than a copper

antenna
of the same length.


not if its electrically shorter than the stainless one


Electrically shorter? You meant physically shorter. I can take a 18
foot antenna and make it electrically shorter than 9 feet while

still
keeping it 18 feet long. dumbass


congratulations you have been reading the arrl handbook now what does
it say about losses from loading coils you should read that and get
back to us.

Now do you care to make another post and prove what a
stupid dumbass you are when it comes to antenna theory?


the only dumbass here is you lol


You have again proven you are a stupid dumbass that knows nothing
about antennas. Care to try again?



Give up assclown look at my original post and see how far away from
the point you have taken this thread in an attempt to pretend you know
something. you must be as frustrated as Steveo because he is posting
aerial pics of wa3moj's niegborhood lol

Steveo June 14th 04 01:27 AM

(I Am Not George) wrote:
he is posting
aerial pics of wa3moj's niegborhood lol

hehe

Landshark June 14th 04 03:31 AM


"BP" wrote in message
...
(I Am Not George) wrote in
m:

"Twistedhed" wrote in message
ws.com...
KC8LDO, offended the nation and disgraced himself by
undermining the
death and tragedy in NYC while comparing it to his personal crusade
of cleaning up the cb channels with:

That's easy to explain. As another poster a short time back said
about
Part 95 rules "I don't care", well you see what happens when that
mind set gets applied in a different context. It is very apparent
they didn't care about human life either, including their own.
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO
ARRL Member


Leland Scott is one of the most honest and honorable men ever to post
in rrcb and your twisted propoganda can't ever change that.



LMAO!


Ditto!!!

Landshark


--
Treat people as if they were what
they ought to be and you will help
them become what they are capable
of becoming.




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
RadioBanter.com