RadioBanter

RadioBanter (https://www.radiobanter.com/)
-   CB (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/)
-   -   Ideas for a homemade mobile antenna. (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/32056-ideas-homemade-mobile-antenna.html)

Landshark June 16th 04 03:56 AM


"I ain't George either" wrote in message
...

"I ain't George either" wrote in message
...

"itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge"

wrote
in message ...
"I ain't George either" wrote in
:


"itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge"
wrote in message ...
wrote in
:


Not really, have you tested any antennas?

I have tested many antennas , have you?

I must butt in now........Just what antennas did you test?
Name them.

Do you want CB antennas or all antennas I have tested, I also have

a
indoor
antenna test area where I scale all antennas down 20x and can test
them
on
a scaled down vehicle. If you have the know how and decent test
equipment suprising what you can do. And the results are

repeatable.


I did the same thing with scaled down versions of the Saturn 5

booster
for the moon program, but they only went to Geo's neighborhood. One

of
'em hit him in the head.

How long did it take you to think of that one randy?


6 seconds. Much less time than you dreaming you have a research facility

in
your trailer.



Geo, I'm quite quick on my feet, and I'm an asshole. But then again, I'm

not
a malicious asshole. Most things I do are in good fun. The way I see

things,
albeit sometimes myopic, is that people need to understand that they don't
really matter in the grand scheme of things. That's my purpose with most

of
my comments. Any of us could leave Earth tomorrow, and would it matter?

Not
a bit. To our families and friends, yes, but in the bigger picture, not at
all. That's why I *sometimes* enjoy hassling you and others here. I have

no
hate for anyone here. You can't hurt me. The only individuals who *can* do
that are people you allow to do so.

Toodles until I again deem you worth my time,

Randy



Very well said Randy, Thank you!!!!

Landshark


--
Courage is what it takes to stand up
and speak; courage is also what it
takes to sit down and listen.



Landshark June 16th 04 03:56 AM


"Steveo" wrote in message
...
itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge wrote:
wrote in :


Not really, have you tested any antennas?

I have tested many antennas , have you?

I must butt in now........Just what antennas did you test?
Name them.


Do you want CB antennas or all antennas I have tested, I also have a
indoor antenna test area where I scale all antennas down 20x and can
test them on a scaled down vehicle. If you have the know how and decent
test equipment suprising what you can do. And the results are

repeatable.

Show pictures or stfu with your lies.



LMAO!!!
I can picture a Forrest Gump looking George Busch wa3moj
sitting there trying to build his Revel models yelling "Momma"

Landshark

Now watch the foul language hate filled post come from him.


--
That does suck..sometimes you're the
windshield..sometimes you're the bug.



I Am Not George June 16th 04 05:53 AM

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote:
(I Am Not George) wrote in
om:

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge )
wrote:
(I Am Not George) wrote in
.com:



take it away lil bro, ROTFLMMFAO


sorry to step on your toes. you know me and my antennas.


no problem be my guest. these guys use watergates
and s-meter readings to validate there so called tests lol


did you notice how hostile humpy got when you told him of my test
fixture. thier thinking is just because they don't understand it

doesnt
make it so.


Right on lil bro be gentle with them they still think their 4 ft
x-terminator has more gain than the 9 ft whip lol

I Am Not George June 16th 04 05:57 AM

Frank Gilliland wrote:
I listened to the toilet bowl
while pulling on the lanyard.


i do that all the time praying it will flush it away lol

[email protected] June 16th 04 09:55 AM


Stay on topic......What CB mobile antennas have you tested?


wilson 1000, wilson 5000, Firestick,dr.crow, 10k, 102 whip. workman, big
momma, mr.coily, golden rod, homebrew, 55, aluminum 1/4 wave. these are
off the top of my head.

Good. Now what procedure did you use to test the antennas?


Dave Hall June 16th 04 12:19 PM

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:04:38 -0400,
(Nicolai Carpathia) wrote:

From:
(Dave*Hall)
On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:14:44 -0400,
(Nicolai
Carpathia) wrote:
Landshark wrote:
LOL!!! I love it. All I do is type Ditto to "LMAO" and notice Geo calls
ME a hypocrite. He should talk, right BP. He defends Doug a known Felon,
repeater jammer, porn poster, spammer, nut case. Leland defends Doug
too, so George has no legs to stand on when calling other people
hypocrites.
****************Landshark
_
Frank and Hall and both ran to defend N8WWM on many occasions, too. This
little group is what comprises the "akc" that Frank always refers. Hell,
"AKC" is one of Frank's favorite terms,,google THAT term and see who
pioneered it,,,Doug, Frank, Lelnad, Geogre, and Hall..in that order.



I have also NEVER


defended any actions that Doug has been


proven guilty of.




That's only because you claim those reported by the FCC on the
rainreport
do not constitute guilt of which the FCC claims..


You are the one who is quick to point out that a criminal is not a
true criminal until convicted. Yet you seem to conveniently forget
that when the shoe is on the other foot.

Nevertheless,,,here are but a few of your defenses of Dogie. As
pertaining to his bust, taken from "king of clowns busted" and "n8wwm
makes rainreport""

N3CVJ wrote:
" .......the complaint was withdrawn because
there was either insufficient evidence, or it
was
shown that Doug was not the person doing the
jamming."



I was merely offering an alternative explanations.


No,,the complaint was NOT withdrawn, as is standard procedure, Dogie was
sent a warning via certified snail mail, like the majority of other
first time offenders.


And just how would you know what Doug received?


Here's my personal favorite personification fo what makes you the grand
mastah poobah who holds court in the Hypocrite Hall....the one of you
justifying Dogie's illegal actions by pointing to others.......


"Whatever he did, he did because he doesn't
like people like you, who have little respect for
the law.


Taken out of context, in the manner in which you presented it, that
could apply to just about anyone.





Of course, we have the more entertaining, liberal, tear-jerking, choker
you wrote in regards to Doug getting busted.... :



I have a habit of standing up for the little guy,
when a bunch of people gang up on them.
especially when the little guy is right.




Hahaha...no you don't Davie. In fact, you can illustrate NO thread, NO
topic in which you "stood up for the little guy" where a " bunch of
people gang up" on him.


You obviously are incapable of finding them. In the very beginning, I
took a stand against those who ganged up on CBers for no other reason
than they were "different". Later on, when it became apparent that the
tide had shifted, I took the stand to support the rights of legal
operators.



And Dogie was not right, at any time.


Maybe not his methods, but his attitude with respect to illegal CB
operators is pretty much on the mark.

The ONLY people you have ever defended in here have been N8, Lelnad, and
Frank.


When you and other like minded simpletons bring unfounded accusations
and pure unadulterated lies forth and attempt to present them as
truth, then yes, I will defend the honor of those you wish to smear.


In fact, google Dogie's call, along with "sandbagger" and you are right
there in each and every thread, arguing vehemently and acting like
Dogie's arm-chair lawyer


If not an outright lie, it is an extreme exaggeration. I do not
condone some of the things which have happened here that you have
attributed to Doug (Which there is still no solid proof of). The fact
that my name appears in the same thread means nothing. Google Doug's
call and "Twistedhed", and you will see similar results. Does this
mean that you defend Doug too?



But,,,,let's illustrate how close you actually claimed you were to the
situation........you wrote:
"........there are people, that are in the know,
that have filled me in on some of the smaller
details".


Yea so? Since I do not know the intimate details of the situation,
certain people kindly brought me up to speed.



The FCC were the ones "in the know",,,not your mysterious non-existent
"people".


The FCC was one party to one of the issues. But they were not the only
ones involved. There are other people who personally know people
involved with the alleged "jamming" incident. They are in a far better
position to offer insight than guys like you who only know what you
read on the internet.


The complaint came from club members (those "in-the-know").


Now you're catching on.......



And then here is the one where you claim it could be Chuck-eye who was
impersonating Dogie to frame him and the possibility was being
investigated by the FCC.


That's a lie. I don't even know Chuck. Unless it was offered as a
hypothetical speculation in response to something equally
preposterous.


......hehhhehe......ah, never mind,,the post is
there in those threads for all to enjoy,,,,, but don't say you didn't
defend Dogie when he got busted. It's an outright lie.


I haven't defended anyone. I have only offered alternative
explanations for certain events. YOU, of all people, who stand up for
the rights of criminals to be criminals, (until they are convicted!)
to stand here and accuse me of refusing to drive a guilty stake
through the heart of another person (who just happens to be someone
you don't like) before all the facts are in and the courts have ruled.
I guess by this logic then you really ARE a federal criminal.

The sign of a true sociopath. Abandon core principles when it suits
you.

THAT sir, makes you a grade "A" hypocrite.

Dave
"Sandbagger"
http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj

Steveo June 16th 04 12:44 PM

"Landshark" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
...
itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote:
wrote in
:


Not really, have you tested any antennas?

I have tested many antennas , have you?

I must butt in now........Just what antennas did you test?
Name them.

Do you want CB antennas or all antennas I have tested, I also have a
indoor antenna test area where I scale all antennas down 20x and can
test them on a scaled down vehicle. If you have the know how and
decent test equipment suprising what you can do. And the results are

repeatable.

Show pictures or stfu with your lies.


LMAO!!!
I can picture a Forrest Gump looking George Busch wa3moj
sitting there trying to build his Revel models yelling "Momma"

Landshark

Now watch the foul language hate filled post come from him.

LOL, "mom, i glued my fingers to my pecker again"!"

--
I won't retire, but I might retread.

Lancer June 16th 04 01:07 PM

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:22:33 -0700, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

In , wrote:


Many times...........even tested them.


Sorry your tests results were debunked by Frank in the xterminator
thread, you are a voodoo tech


Frank never tested any of the antennas.



I just tested my 9' whip (mounted on the roo-guard of my Dodge). Tied
it back so the top was parallel with the ground (pointing East, if
that makes a difference). Measurements were compared to the antenna
straight up.......;

SWR didn't change at all, and vertically polarized field strength
dropped by a hair. However, horizontally polarized field strength made
a huge jump to the good. Subjectively, I listened to the toilet bowl
while pulling on the lanyard. Some weak signals disappeared while
others came in that weren't there before. Let the whip go back to
vertical and the old signals came back while the new signals were
lost.

Looks like it's a compromise situation.


Frank
Did you try it in Barney Phife mode? The start of this thread was
on car, it was suggested that you tie it down like a bow. Bows are
bent 180 degrees, so it would have to be tied down to the same level
as the base. I tried it and the minimum SWR point moved lower in
frequency.
Modeling it showed that the take off angle also increased. Maybe
causing the effect you were seeing.

Steveo June 16th 04 01:18 PM

Lancer wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:22:33 -0700, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

In , wrote:


Many times...........even tested them.


Sorry your tests results were debunked by Frank in the xterminator
thread, you are a voodoo tech

Frank never tested any of the antennas.



I just tested my 9' whip (mounted on the roo-guard of my Dodge). Tied
it back so the top was parallel with the ground (pointing East, if
that makes a difference). Measurements were compared to the antenna
straight up.......;

SWR didn't change at all, and vertically polarized field strength
dropped by a hair. However, horizontally polarized field strength made
a huge jump to the good. Subjectively, I listened to the toilet bowl
while pulling on the lanyard. Some weak signals disappeared while
others came in that weren't there before. Let the whip go back to
vertical and the old signals came back while the new signals were
lost.

Looks like it's a compromise situation.


Frank
Did you try it in Barney Phife mode? The start of this thread was
on car, it was suggested that you tie it down like a bow. Bows are
bent 180 degrees, so it would have to be tied down to the same level
as the base. I tried it and the minimum SWR point moved lower in
frequency.
Modeling it showed that the take off angle also increased. Maybe
causing the effect you were seeing.

Think you could talk flatside dx with it in that position? Which
direction did it talk best?

--
I won't retire, but I might retread.

Lancer June 16th 04 02:07 PM

On 16 Jun 2004 12:18:50 GMT, Steveo
wrote:

Lancer wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:22:33 -0700, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

In , wrote:


Many times...........even tested them.


Sorry your tests results were debunked by Frank in the xterminator
thread, you are a voodoo tech

Frank never tested any of the antennas.


I just tested my 9' whip (mounted on the roo-guard of my Dodge). Tied
it back so the top was parallel with the ground (pointing East, if
that makes a difference). Measurements were compared to the antenna
straight up.......;

SWR didn't change at all, and vertically polarized field strength
dropped by a hair. However, horizontally polarized field strength made
a huge jump to the good. Subjectively, I listened to the toilet bowl
while pulling on the lanyard. Some weak signals disappeared while
others came in that weren't there before. Let the whip go back to
vertical and the old signals came back while the new signals were
lost.

Looks like it's a compromise situation.


Frank
Did you try it in Barney Phife mode? The start of this thread was
on car, it was suggested that you tie it down like a bow. Bows are
bent 180 degrees, so it would have to be tied down to the same level
as the base. I tried it and the minimum SWR point moved lower in
frequency.
Modeling it showed that the take off angle also increased. Maybe
causing the effect you were seeing.

Think you could talk flatside dx with it in that position? Which
direction did it talk best?


Steve;
I didn't play with it all that much to see which direction it
talked the best. Modeling, showed that the Max Horizontal field is
broadside to the antenna and Max vertical is more inline with the
direction that its bent. Does your news server carry
alt.binaries.pictures.radio? I put a jpeg of it there.
Red is The Hor field, Black is the Vert


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
RadioBanter.com