Old August 23rd 04, 07:05 PM
Twistedhed

POOF! Ok, Dave,,,I'm back,,,let's resume where we left off...........
From: (Dave=A0Hall)
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:08:57 -0400,
(Twistedhed)
wrote:
From:
(Dave=A0Hall)
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:15:14 -0400,
(Twistedhed)
wrote:
Part Deux
I thought the last thread was a little short.....

I'm attempting to pacify your quest for brevity

Thank you.

Do some homework on the wealth of information out there,,,visit some of
the hacker sites and groups,,,how do you think the launchers of serious
virus' are tracked down?
-
The same way as many other criminals are

caught. They brag to their friends and get

turned in. That still doesn't address the basic

technical issue of how people can

anonymously post messages and e-mail using
"public" internet access or through clever

technical means to disguise their identity. A

simple IP lookup is no guarantee that you will

find the actual user.

-
In the first manner, I was under the impression you were speaking of
this group.

I'm talking about the internet in general.

Since it is now apparent you are
experiencing problems of this nature somewhere else, I suggest you
consult an attorney.

What would give you that idea? I'm talking

purely hypothetically.

I concern myself with real word issues. I don't have time to sit around
entertaing "what-if's" in the world.

I can respect that. I also "live" in the here and

now, but I like to ponder the future and

potential situations. Like playing chess, you

have to keep a few moves ahead of your

opponent and try to anticipate where they will

be going.

-
I like chess, but pool's my thang. 9 Ball, if you will.

Or are you saying that we all should just have

to deal with abusive insulting and libelous

comments because they are not worth the

trouble to pursue seriously?

If my emotions were to take over, I would simply turn the thing off and
walk away. No one is forcing you to partake in what you view as an
injurous electronic arena. It is your choice.
-
The same "turn it to the left" mentality that

abusive CBers use to force good people off of

the CB band?

The very idea that you feel "forced" by another has moved you to the
point of wanting to force others to conform to your beliefs,,,nice.

Not forced to conform to "my" beliefs. Only

that they maintain a certain level of

accountability and by extension civility.

Yes,,accountability and civility according to YOUR beliefs, not the law.
You have already demonstrated your disain and disagreeing with the law
that allows anonymity in life, most recently, to usenet and CB.

The law does not allow a person to use

anonymity to adversely affect the rights of

other people. That seems to be something you
have trouble understanding.

I understand just fine. You think you have some sort of right to operate
free from whatever it is you call "adversely effecting your rights",
whether or not what you refer to as a "right" is affected legally or
not.

-
There are no absolutes when it comes to

rights. Rights are always relative, and subject

to compromises, when they clash with the

rights of other people.

No,,rights are not relative. You are undermining the inherent, not
relative rights afforded us as US citizens. Rights are NOT subject to
compromises as they are specifically, not relatively spelled out in the
US Constitution.

-
Decent people should be forced to yield to

malcontents, rather than fight back?

That is a personal decision and an apparent unresolved issue that
plagues you.

So you posit that decent people should be

held hostage to the whims of these

malcontents, and those of us who feel

otherwise have "issues"?

There are no "us", as you are alone in your radical beliefs. No one else
feels "held hostage" or "forced" concerning their freedom of choice to
partake in usenet, only you.
_
How can you make such a definitive

statement? How can you be so sure that I am,
in fact, "alone"? You tend to make these

blatantly absolute statements quite frequently,

when there is no possible way you can speak

with any authority on the subject.

I can and do speak with authority on the subject. I know exactly what
the public likes and dislikes covering a broad spectrum. I know when
there is a news worthy event the public enjoys reading about, I know
what information they are seeking and what is not important. I know how
much is too much information and I know how much is not enough. This is
necessary criteria when dealing with the public as I do in such a
manner. My broad experience catering to the general public as both A) my
client and b) audience for many years affirms what you claim the
opposite.

_

You might want to do a Google search on the

issues of privacy, the internet, anonymity and

the law regarding these things, and you will

find that quite a few people are looking to

change the way things are done.

I'm on the front lines of the threats to personal privacy and the
protection of media sources, but thanks for the head's up. Here's the
skinnny, No doubt there are those seeking to do such things and it began
with the assault on the US Constitution by Bush after taking
office.These movements you speak of will fade after November when us
freedom lovers tell GW Bush "You're Fired!"

-
I believe in the example of not saying

something on a forum, that you wouldn't have

the cajones to say to someone's face.

-
Very noble. Many agree with you. Obviously, those like Dogie, do not.

Doug has personal issues of his own.

..and he fostered his personal issues on this group. Again, I ask of
you, how would you he be held accountable for such behavior that you
continue to rail against?

If you are asking how Doug should be held

accountable, first I'd have to ask; how do we

know for sure that the person everyone thinks

is Doug, really is?

Yea, you already established that the same entity (the FCC) you say we
should all obey can be mistaken when it comes to Dogie's bust, but they
couldn't possibly be mistaken in not repealing their poorly constructed
dx rule.

Woah, lets not put words in my mouth. I

wholeheartedly agree with you that the FCC

should remove the DX limitation.

If it were up

to me, they should allow unlimited DX, allow

100 watts of power, and open the band from

26.000 Mhz to 28.000 Mhz.

=A0

The 100 watts issue doesn't even faze me,,,I don't need it, but I can
appreciate many others need for it in the hills. Besides, 100 watts will
make me a big gun on the bowl g.

-

=A0AS always, you take an issue and slant it toward your own agenda,
invoking it (the FCC) as one we should obey, but not necessarily
believe. More hypocrisy.

Well, yea, if you assume to know what I think,

as opposed to what I really think.

While I don't profess to know what you think, I do know it's not in the
majority.
And you have done just that, taking the FCC and invoking that we should
blindly follow their rules, even if the rules are wrong. On the other
hand, you have made an argument that even though the FCC claimed Dogie
was guilty via his listing on the Rain Report for jamming, his innocence
may still be very possible. This shows you blindly follow the FCC when
it suits you, but question their authority when it does not, even when
enforcing the rules you claimed we should blindly follow.

_
=A0=A0Once we establish that it is him, then he

should have his access revoked for behaving

in an inappropriate manner.

Well, there you have it. It is not up to YOU to establish anything. His
antics have been reporeted many times by the many on this group and he
has lost several accesses to this group over the years. Yet, it is not
up to any "we" to establish his wrong doing,,,that is the job of his
isp, and when they find such, as they had in the past, they take
action,,not you, despite the status you seek.

I don't care who does it, as long as it's done.

_
I have incredible restraint and am overly polite, even to you in many
instances when you began reambling off-topic with insult. I invite
anyone who has a problem with me to come forward.

How does one "come forward" if we don't

know who you are or where you live?

"We" lends the notion you are aware of someone, other than you, who
shares your incredible identity obsessions and problem regarding myself.
Care to specify?

That is paranoia speaking.

No, it is a command grasp of basic English. You said "we". "We" is not
singular. Again, I ask who you refer in addition to yourself?

=A0=A0All that "We" refers to is anyone who

happens to be a member of this group who

would like the opportunity to "come forward".

Nothing nefarious about it.

No,,you said how do "we" come forward if "we" don't know who you are.
Not many really care WHO I am in addition to yourself, Now, I ask again,
who else do you profess to caring about my identity as much as yourself?

-
Your paranoia is showing again.

Paranoia doesn't have an open door policy. Paranoia is seeking personal
and off-topic information on someone you debate on usenet.

-

I use the term

"We" as this is a public forum, which includes

more people than you and I. That makes it a

"we" issue.

Not concerning this issue, it doesn't.
_
Who I am and where I live is personal information, something you claimed
you didn't seek.

I don't need to know, but if you want me to

"come forward" I do need to know some

details.

Oh, I NEVER said I wanted you to come forward

Perhaps you've forgotten your own quote from
a few paragraphs above:

" I invite anyone who has a problem with me to come forward."

Do I

not count as "anyone"?

Certainly. If one has a problem with me, they will come to me, as it is
THEIR want, not mine. You certainly couldn't expect someone to come to
you because *you* have the problem.

_

,,,just the opposite, you
said you were coming to Florida.

After you made your invite to "come forward".

My invite hasn' changed. Anyone that
wishes or "wants" to look me up can do do.

Look you up? How is one supposed to do that

when you are not forthcoming with certain

pertinent information?

Already told you. Send me your cell number,,I'll guide you in. This is
my second attempt at assisting you.

-
If I was concerned about you,
then I would travel to you, but this isn't the case. YOU apparently want
to come forward, so come on down.

I'm merely calling your bluff.

No bluff to call. I have made more than a few accomodating offers of
which you continue to offer additional excuses.

You know that I live an impractical driving

distance from you, so you feel relatively safe,

in making that claim. Now that you have an

opportunity to make good on your invite, you

start, ever so slightly, to back pedal. I'm

guessing that you will find some way to wiggle
out of any chance of a face-to-face meeting,

as it would blow the lid off of your secret life.

Cell number.

=A0=A0I mean Florida is a big state (assuming that

is where you really live)

Well then, if you have doubts, perhaps you better reconsider.

_
Many know where I live. I am incredibly easy to find, as Doctor X
recently found.

Does Dr. X know where you live?

Dr. X never asked.

So he doesn't know. Although you implied

such in your last statement above.

No,,I said I am incredibly easy to find, not that Dr. X knew where I
lived as you improperly implied.

Does anyone?

Oh yesiree

Somehow I doubt it. You are a little too

secretive about this. And you know all too

well, that once one person finds out, it'll only

be a matter of time before the information

spreads around.

"Spreads around?" Are you for real? Only people like you give a damn
about "spreading around" personal information of those they debate on
usenet. Most have enough on the ball that simple things such as usenet
anonymity doesn't upset them or effect them to the point of threatening
to not only seek out their personal information, but to "spread it
around".
_
More of your far-removed delusions. I have ordered apparatus from two
separate regular businesses on this group, one place twice. That makes
two businesses in addition to those I have met from this group that
"know" me.
-
We only have your word for that, so it is as

meaningless as you claim my accounts are of

the CBer who got popped in Norristown.

(shrug),,fine and dandy. I'm not worried about who believes me or
not...never was.

Besides, anyone can use an anonymous PO

box or other address to conduct business.

They don't even need a real name as long as

the payment is real.

I always purchase by cc as it offers great protection. Name required.

_
=A0=A0See Davie, these people don't give a damn as they don't have the
motives you telegraph
with your intentions to "spread around" personal information. This is
undertaken by those like yourself.
_
They probably don't know it was you they

were dealing with either.

It was I the businesses emailed after reading my posts, so there is no
question they know who they were dealing. In fact, I received many
emails for the same offer, but went with who I thought was the best
choice, not necessarily the cheapest.

-
I have found through many years of

experience on CB, that one of the best ways

to rid a channel of a belligerent anonymous

troublemaker, was to simply locate them and

then make that information public. Once they

are unmasked, they tend to give up causing

trouble, since they are basically cowards.

What trouble would you be referring or implying that fits this analogy?

-
Ok, I'm coming to Orlando in October. I might

make a detour to Tampa. Where do you want

to meet?

My house. Are you driving? Bring a radio. I'll guide you right to my
front door from the interstate.

I'm flying, renting a car, no room to pack

radios. Doing "Mickey Mouse" for my kid.

Mickey Mouse is like a six foot rat to little toddlers.

My daughter just wants to ride Space

Mountain, and see all the sights.

=A0

Call ahead and make sure it's not closed for maintenance as it always is
these days.
-
=A0I'm 90 minutes from Orlando. Provide me a
cell phone number like Keith did and I'll call you, if that's what you
wish.

I don't own a cell phone. But I might bring a 2

meter H.T. There are several 2 meter

repeaters in the greater Tampa area. You

already know my callsign.

No dice. Assuming I had a call, there is no way I would volunteer such
information to another hammie who has already expressed his problem with
me and threatened to "spread around" any personal information he can
locate, assuming he can break the impotent streak he has had attempting
same for the past how many years.
-
Give me your room number and the hotel you are staying and I'll call
you. This is now the third attempt I am making to accomodate you and you
appear, however so slightly, to begin yet another back pedal.

-
I'll give you precise directions. In
fact, if you rent a room in Tampa Bay for a day, I'll take you and show
you the way Florida was millions of years ago. Some areas remain
untouched.

I've seen some of those areas. I'm no newby

to Florida, although I tend to prefer the east

coast. I almost moved to Melborne 14 years

ago. I might even stop at my favorite steak

house, Farmer Jones Red Barn in Lakeland. I

hope they're still there.

I have relatives in Palm Beach and have surfed Melbourne in the past, in
addition to Jupiter and Cocoa. Other than that, I prefer the clear water
and white sands the west coast offers.

-

Anonymity is the enabler for people to act

inappropriately, and rudely.

-
So then you assert that an American's right to

act like an anti-social idiot deserves more

consideration than other people's right to

expect civilized behavior in public places?

You said that. You're wandering. You are confusing consideration with
rights. There are very many things I can do well within my rights that
offend you, in fact, I have no problem offending you with my legal
rights merely because you disagree with them and my right to exercise
them.

If it is a simple matter of subjectivity and value

judgement, then I agree with you. But when

the exercising of your rights negatively

impacts on the rights of others, the line

becomes drawn, and some sort of

compromise is in order.

Only we weren't speaking of infringing on anther's rights,,,,*you*
entered that into the equation when you expressed your belief against
anonymity on the internet. You wish to infringe on another's right
(taking away the right to be anonymous on the internet) merely because
you feel it MAY lead to abuse. That's Orwellian and anti-American.

Remember, you rights are not worth any more
(or less) than anyone else's rights. You have

no exclusivity.

It has everything to do with the core issue.

Which was what? Law? Breaking the law?
Offending you isn't necessarily against the law.

We aren't talking about a simple case of

"offending" me.

But we were. YOU have the problem with anonymity. No one else is having
a cow over the issue on this group, so it indeed does offend you, so
much to the point, that you have made it clear that you wish it were no
longer so.
_

You are attempting to make value judgements
regarding the relative priority of the rights that

people have. You have prioritized the right to

privacy (and by extension enabled the

unaccountable actions of malcontents) over

the right of people to expect civilized behavior

in public places.

I did no such thing. You have no "right" to expect what you call
"civilized" behavior. Show a single document that supports this
delusion.

The law has done no such thing. In fact, laws

are being crafted right now to deal with this

relatively new forum for abuse, and to protect

the rights of people who are victimized by

anonymous people who hide to escape

retribution.

The law outweighs your demand
for what you interpret as civilized behavior.

=A0=A0When those rights clash,

something has to give.

You have been asked over and over again and have yet to reply,,what
rights of yours have been infringed upon or do you consider "clashing"
with your rights by my postings?

You seem to have

made your choice, even though you keep

dancing around it and not quite ready to

directly admit to it.

What you misinterpret as clashing rights is not illegal.

The truth in that statements depends on the

details of the infraction.

Anonymity is what originally set you off on a tangent about such
behavior clashing with your rights, which you have yet to define.

Dave

"Sandbagger"

N3CVJ

http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj

Old August 23rd 04, 08:10 PM
Twistedhed

From: (Dave=A0Hall)
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:21:10 -0400,
(Twistedhed)
wrote:
Oh, I know what Philthy is about...been there many times.
Some see hammies like yourself as the
malcontents for feeling you have some sort inalienable right to demand
cbers jump through the same hoops you must jump through regarding hammie
radio.

You are entitled to see things from the other

side of the glass, as it were. But there is a big

difference. Us "snobby" hams are not

interfering with other hams while pursuing our

fringe activities, and insisting that our "right" to
pursue it, overrides everyone else rights to

enjoy their piece of the hobby.

Neither do I, but you continue to try and pigeonhole me as such for
merely posting of freeband activity and dx, yet, nothing in my posts has
ever had a remote relation to what you falsely promote.

Yes, there are hams who do, but I do not

associate with them.

_
What "hoops" are there to just acting in a

civilly responsible manner?

Read again: "same hoops you must jump through regarding hammie radio".
That you responded with hammie radio as an example in acting civilly
responsible is not the best example you could have chosen,,in fact, it's
a poor one.

Again, like on CB, this is largely

geographically dependant.

Despite your belief of it being geographically dependendent (it's
not,,,,there are good and bad everywhere in both services)it doesn't
validate your contrived gaffe.

But I will say, that I've personally witnessed far
more rule abuses on CB than on ham radio.

Again, your personal views and beliefs have been demonstrated to be in
the minority,,,,,

_
Then what is preventing from you from getting on that channel and
speaking your mind to those people as you do on here concerning your
radical and minority beliefs.
-
Nothing. I've done it already. But what good

will it do?

I've asked that of you concerning here and your answer was always along
the lines of "you have got to start somewhere" and "someone has got to
take a stand". It appears you shy aways from live real-time
confrontation you claimed would take place in the same manner in which
you conduct yourself on usenet.

I don't "shy away" but at some point you have

to realize that it's an unwinnable situation,

At the risk of being called a cad and yelling "na na nee nee boo
boo,toldjaso"....you'e been told that for years by myself and others.
What point was the epiphany you experienced??

you realize that you can put a 3 piece suit on a
pig, and he's still a pig. Even if I convince the

idiots that their echo boxes and distorted class
"C" amplifiers sound like crap, they're still

idiots.

All it does it cause further arguments.

See prevous sentence..

-
Same on usenet.

This is true.

You try to tell a nut that he's nuts, and they'll

swear you're crazy.

-
In all fairness and I'm not being cruel or mean or malicious, but coming
from one who holds talking dx is technically a felony, and that roger
beeps are illegal on cb, that doesn't mean much.

Roger beeps were at one time classified as an
"amusement" device, and as such was

prohibited in 95.413 (6).

I doubt roger beeps were ever classified as such and as a result,
illegal on cb, but even if that were so,,,many things "used" to be a
certain way,,,,,it's no longer. It's a brave, new world*.

_
While it is true that I cannot find a rule which

specifically addresses these devices, I can

neither find any information which specifically

allows them, along the same lines as selective
call tones are specifically outlined in 95.412

(b).

Since there isn't a definitive rule in place, you

can make the case that they are, in fact, legal

(or at the very least not worthy of

consideration). But it seems funny that this

feature has not appeared on most mainstream
legal radios.

I do believe some of the newer legal radios most certainly have them.

Echo boxes are a totally different issue. They

fall clearly into the classification of

"amusement or entertainment" devices and as
such are specifically prohibited by 95.413.

I disagree, but let's assume you right on this item. I would challenge
the validity of this on several counts,,,the most obvious being the fact
that sound and broadcast engineers use echo (not repeat, but slight
reverb echo) on FM broadcasts for many commercials and ads for a
specific reason,,,,it gets noticed and is often more recognizeable and
often louder. As such, one could make the argument, it is an audio
"enhancer", not entertainment device, and with the myriad of broadcast
sound engineers backing my case, I would feel extremely confident
handling my own situation, if this were it. As you now are most astutely
aware, what you consi enhancement and what I consider enhancement is now
very much subjective. Again, ask Phil Kane what must take place now
(once this case is challenged). The FCC would have to rule (FIRST, and
before any further prosecution) what constitutes "amusement devices" and
specifically address the echo issue, just as they recently ruled what
constitutes broadcast obscenity.

_
=A0=A0You can't make an idiot into a normal person,
so why try? Birds of a feather stick together.

-
Which is why you have defended Dogie and attempted to present an
incredibly spaced out and fantasized case for Keith framing him, even
though the FCC busted him for jamming.

I never accused Keith of framing Doug. I wish

you would look back on your links and realize

that. I postulated that it was possible that he

might have been framed, but I never accused

any one person of doing it.

=A0

I stand corrected, You "postulated" that the FCC, who you profess we
should blindly follow, may not have the facts of the case before telling
the public one is guilty. I question your logic and intellect to blindly
follow an agency who crafts law, yet you claim same agency could be
incompetent in upholding said law.
Do you not see the sheer hypocrisy of such talk?

_
My only hope is that a group of decent people

will decide to start another channel that I

would be happy to participate in. I'm already

working on a CB reunion for some of the old

crew that I've contacted. This might spawn a

"retro net" where we fire up that vintage gear

for some old fashioned CB fun.

-
Now that might bring back some of the fun with cb that has eluded you
for some time. =A0Heck, we have get togethers all the time here. On any
given day one can tune in and hook up with countless fishermen all over
the bay area,,many of them sitting in their cars chewing the fat while
fishing.

Those are some of the things I sorely miss.

=A0After all, that would make you proactive instead of reactive like you
have always been here, and I am certain we can count on you to offer
your beliefs to those on the air using those noise toys that have you
bleeding from the ears and nose, because we all know you believe in
saying the same things here as you would face to face. Try it with the
noise toys and on the radio with these people,,tell them they are the
equivalent of the WWF. Report back.

Been there, done that. How do you rationalize

the detrimental effects of distorted audio, such
as that produced by an echo mike, to

someone who has that "kid on Christmas" look
on his face at the discovery of his latest toy

(that he probably spend half his fast food p

aycheck for)? He doesn't care that it makes

his audio hard to understand. He just thinks

it's "cool". Must be something in the water

around here.....

-
Nothing to rationalize. This is cb, not audiophile FM 101 High Fidelity
Broadcasting. What you can't get, because you been in with the snobs
that have a hard-on for cb too long, is that many, many folks don't look
at cb like you do and compare it to hammie radio. The only thing many
folks are interested in is making contact, not quality. Like a stereo,
some folks spend big bucks for symphonic reproduction, others do ok and
opt for a clock radio. Different strokes, but here you are bashing those
folks that may use a legal item as is their right, on cb, all because
*you* disagree and dislike their choice. Tsk tsk.

You don't have to be an audiophile.

Correct,,but you apparently are, and are expressing difficulty grasping
why others are not so concerned with these nuances.

Some

people are so distorted that they are actually

hard to understand. Yet these same mentally

challenged idiots think that they actually sound
good! Excessive echo, class "C" amplifiers,

too much mike gain, no limiters, excessive

"swing" all contribute to overall poor audio

quality. Many of these "mods" also contribute

to adjacent channel interference and RFI.

There is nothing even remotely redeemable

about these actions.

Echo is not legal.

See above.

Class "C" (or any other)

amplifiers are not legal. Removing modulation

limiters is not legal. Transmitter modifications

are not legal. Generating RFI above the

technical specifications is not legal.

So I'm not bashing people for liking different

things than I do. I'm bashing people for their

displayed ignorance of good RF practice and

for displaying an indifference to, or an outright

contempt for, other people's right of access to

the hobby.

An echo mic is in no manner affecting any of your rights.
You are still confusing the law with your preferences. Echo mics are
legal. Email the FCC and ask them.

_

Would you listen to a radio with a torn

speaker?

Poor analogy, as your equipment apparently is not the problem...but your
personal preference with another's broadcast. You always have the righyt
to change the channel, as your "rights" are not being infringed upon.

Would it not bother you?

See above. If it bothered me, I'd shut it off.
_
I tend to look at a glass that has 50% contents
as half full also.

Not with CB, society, the FCC, and personal privacy rights you don't

Because, in those cases, the glass in much

less than 50% full.

-
No,,NOT in those cases, in YOUR personal experiences CB and society may
be crumbling, but not to the rest of the world. What you experience is
not the last word, far from it.

Again you claim to know what the "majority"

are thinking. You cannot possibly know what

anyone else is thinking.

Hehhe,,,,,,,correct,,,not in the manner youappear to be taking it,,not
in an esp kind of way, but I indeed have the pulse of the public on a
variety of issues. I *have* to.

The problem is that when running across

people, with respect to morality and

consideration, it seems that the glass is slowly
dropping below 50%, and it's hard to see the

positive side.

That IS a problem of yours, no doubt. I still find the majority of
people to be good hearted. Must be southern thing (shrug),,if I'm wrong,
I'm sure a yankee will correct me to say it is you that are wrong and
that people, even in the north, are generally good people.

That all depends on which circles you run in.

Well, you are focusing on the urchins, not the good.

I find most hams in my area to be good

people.

But you are focusing on the urchins, lending to the notion that you
indeed have a preferecn to dwell on the bad instead of the good,,,IE.the
"half empty" glass.
_

I find my neighbors to be good people. I can't

say the same for the "seedier" towns, or the

trash that populates the most popular CB

channel.

Interesting. Do you feel there are more hammies or cbers in this
country?

Not at all. Where would you get that idea?

It was a multiple choice question. I tried qualifying such with "or".

But there does seem to be more hams in my

radio than there are local CBers. But that's an

unfair comparison, due to the fact that many

ham bands have long distance capability, and

the sphere of my VHF coverage is much wider
than the typical range for CB.

Don;t be so paranoid,,,I compared nothing,,,,again, it was a multiple
choice question.

I can talk back to my old area with no problem

on 2 meters. Yet I can hear no one over about
a S3 on CB, from a similar distance.

The cb hops in Tampa Bay, all the time, practically.

There are more total Cbers in this country

than hams (at least it used to be that way

years ago), but the range of CB is relatively

small and results in "pockets" of users, not all

of which can be heard beyond their local

range.

=A0
-
=A0You subscribe to socialist views and rhetoric,,,this is NOT how
America is, but how you wish it would be.

You know, I really have to laugh when you

accuse me of being a socialist.

It's true, In fact, this is another of those little times that I will
not only remind you that we have had this conversation long ago and many
times, but that in what remains one of my more favorite exchanges with
you, you not only embrace socialist beliefs, but go as far as to DEFEND
those beliefs and offer several reasons WHY you believe that bull****.
_

Do you even know what a socialist is?

I do.

Do you

still think (like you once posted) that a liberal

and a libertarian are the same thing?

_
A liberal and a libertarian are very much similar and the same.

No, they are not. Liberals believe in big

government oversight to handle the plethora

of social programs that they feel we need to

have shoved down our throats (At our tax

expense). In fact extreme liberalism is what

leads to socialism.

No,,,that may be the currently attached definition by the terrified
right, but I suggest you look up the definition of each...use any
dictionary you prefer and come on back with a cut and paste.
_
A libertarian believes in the smallest amount of government that can
exist and still be effective.

Extreme libertarian views lead to anarchy.

Like the establishment of a free society? Like the Boston Tea Party?
Like suffrage? Like equal rights? On it goes...

Conservatives believe in somewhat limited

government, and personal responsibility.

Conservatives believe in strong law

enforcement for those who cannot abide by

the rules of society. Extreme conservatism

leads to fascism.

They BOTH advocate the maximum liberties permitted under the law which
is the exact manner of which I referred the two.

Wrong! You need to do some more

reading........

Again,,,,I do not need a partisan party to redefine the term. History
and the founding forefathers, in addition to Merriam Webster are those I
choose to believe. That the right has been so effective in making terms
mean something completely opposite of what it truly is (a liberal, of
all examples) is frightening. When the US government begins using the
term as an insult, those who follow such bull**** must be educated to
all they have been falsely indoctrinated. You have been misled and lied
to by Bush.....on many occassion.

_
In fact, it is you and Frank
who were shown not to know what a liberal is. Washington was a liberal.
Our forefathers were liberals. This country was founded and built by
liberlas.

Today's liberal is someone who wants

freedom for everyone, as long as it's

according to their standards.

Wrong, wrong, way wrong. This is what the right has attempted to
redefine. That is what the right WANTS everyone to think and say, and
those of you, like yourself, need structure in their life, direction,
and pretty much told what to do and how to act and to conform to a
single mindset (theirs). And to you and the Bush admin, anyone who
expresses dissent (one of the most cherished American rights)
automatically becomes an enemy of the admin. The Bush admin not only
openly echoes Stalinism, but practices it....as Stalin said "those who
are not with us are against us".

_
A typical example is how the democrats had

no problem with letting Michael Moore trash

the president, but now scream foul when an

independent group is now taking aim on Kerry.

Moore can be sued if anything in his movie was untrue. No lawsuits after
all this time. Conclusion,,,,,,,hmmmmm.

Today's liberal is two faced, duplicitous, and

hypocritical. Today's liberal wants the working

man to pay for the habitually lazy. Higher

taxes for richer people.

Nope,,just their fair percentage of their income. In fact, when faced
with actual percentages paid from their income, the top two percent of
the wealthiest have the least taken out of their income (percentage
wise) when compared to the bluecollar worker, even though in sheer
dollars, they pay more. The irony of this revelation alone should be
enough to serve as a wake-up call to the nation as the gap continues to
widen between the levels of society, but nope,,we have smokescreens by
those like you who are more concerned with redefining terms to encompass
all who dare oppose the current Bush regime are its enemy.

From those according to their means, to those
according to their needs. Sound familiar? Try

reading Karl Marx for the answer.

You have succumbed to partisanship rhetoric of the right, where all who
dare question or oppose the Bush admin, are labeled a liberal.
The term has become, albeit incorrectly, an intentionally misplaced
catch-all to encompass anyone who opposes the current admin.

I've opposed bleeding heart liberals since the

time I was aware enough to realize that they

were undermining the traditional values that

this country was founded on.

Bush is the one undermining the values,,such as our rights...not the
liberals. You can cite NO liberal that has EVER seeked to take away
portions of our constitution.

Liberals are the ones who would defend the

"right" of someone to distribute kiddie porn,

rather than acknowledge that this is a social

disease.

Social disease? whooooo.that's a liberal term, isn't it? But of course,
we all know you made a boo-boo when using the term, 'cause the right
locks up those with social diseases.

-
Please provide any exchanges that I have

authored where I defended the concepts of

socialism. I believe in limited government.

Wrong, you favor government imposition and can't even see it.

Not at all. I believe is responsibility an

accountability.

Accountability does not extend to you being one that another must
account to, although you ahve attempted such on many occasion.

You a re free to do what you will, (within the

framework of a civilized society) but you are

solely responsible for the effects of your

actions (or inactions).

Exactly,,,,,*I* am responsible for my actions, not you, so anything that
I do, such as MY right to anonymity, has nothing to do with you, yet
that doesn't stop you from claiming it shouldn't be permitted as it
somehow imposes on these "rights" you have yet to define and say how it
affected your suffering.

Old August 23rd 04, 08:12 PM
Dr. Death

Woah, lets not put words in my mouth. I wholeheartedly agree with you
that the FCC should remove the DX limitation. If it were up to me,
they should allow unlimited DX, allow 100 watts of power, and open the
band from 26.000 Mhz to 28.000 Mhz.

I agree that the FCC should remove the DX limitation, it was a bad idea to
begin with.
I somewhat agree on the 100 watts, but there needs to be some rules such as
NO class C amps, or better yet 10 watts AM and 100 watts SSB.
No way should they EVER open up the freebands. Some of us freebanders (me)
spend 80% of our radio time on these freqs. and we (me) do not want the
general population of CBers using up our (mine) bandwidth.

Old August 24th 04, 01:59 PM
Dave Hall

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:10:51 -0400, (Twistedhed)
wrote:

From:
(Dave*Hall)
wrote:
Oh, I know what Philthy is about...been there many times.
Some see hammies like yourself as the
malcontents for feeling you have some sort inalienable right to demand
cbers jump through the same hoops you must jump through regarding hammie
radio.

You are entitled to see things from the other
side of the glass, as it were. But there is a big
difference. Us "snobby" hams are not
interfering with other hams while pursuing our
fringe activities, and insisting that our "right" to
pursue it, overrides everyone else rights to
enjoy their piece of the hobby.

Neither do I, but you continue to try and pigeonhole me as such for
merely posting of freeband activity and dx, yet, nothing in my posts has
ever had a remote relation to what you falsely promote.

You like to accuse me of making things personal, but in this case (as
in many) you mistake my general summation for a direct critique of
your personal habits. I'm sure your operation is fairly low impact,
but there are others who are not so cognizant of their impact on
others (or worse, they don't care).

Yes, there are hams who do, but I do not
associate with them.
What "hoops" are there to just acting in a
civilly responsible manner?

Read again: "same hoops you must jump through regarding hammie radio".
That you responded with hammie radio as an example in acting civilly
responsible is not the best example you could have chosen,,in fact, it's
a poor one

Again, like on CB, this is largely
geographically dependant.

Despite your belief of it being geographically dependendent (it's
not,,,,there are good and bad everywhere in both services)it doesn't
validate your contrived gaffe.

So now you deny that geography and demographics play a major part in
determining the percentage of Good/Bad operators in a particular
location? That's a direct contrast to your comments about the people
who "infest" Philthy.

But I will say, that I've personally witnessed far
more rule abuses on CB than on ham radio.

Again, your personal views and beliefs have been demonstrated to be in
the minority,,,,,

They have not been "demonstrated" to be anything of the sort. Because
YOU claim them to be does not make them so. I can hear more rule
violations after listening to 5 minutes on CB channel 6 than I can
hear in a week's worth of ham radio. That's the plain truth, and for
you to deny or spin it is clearly a bias on your part.

Then what is preventing from you from getting on that channel and
speaking your mind to those people as you do on here concerning your
radical and minority beliefs.

Nothing. I've done it already. But what good
will it do?

I've asked that of you concerning here and your answer was always along
the lines of "you have got to start somewhere" and "someone has got to
take a stand". It appears you shy aways from live real-time
confrontation you claimed would take place in the same manner in which
you conduct yourself on usenet.

I don't "shy away" but at some point you have
to realize that it's an unwinnable situation,

At the risk of being called a cad and yelling "na na nee nee boo
boo,toldjaso"....you'e been told that for years by myself and others.
What point was the epiphany you experienced??

The point where I realized that you can't make an idiot into a normal
person. It's counterproductive to try. It's better to seek out little
oasis' of sanity in the cesspool, than trying to clean it up.

[...]

I have been informed of some. But I remain skeptical of their type
acceptance, and whether the FCC will allow it to continue. But time
will tell.

[...]

Ok, I like the way you've presented this. You make a good argument
that a certain amount of reverb enhances audio quality and adds
"depth". I totally agree with you on this point. If the current batch
of "echo toys" were sold as devices which ONLY added enough reverb to
accomplish the effect you've described, then I would agree that the
device was an "enhancement" device in much the same way as an audio
compressor. But that would eliminate "repeater" type echos.

But you and I both know that is not the intent of the users of the
majority of these devices. Mot have them set way beyond the point of
"audio enhancement" and well into the point of audio distortion. They
run them for the "cool" effects, and not as a range extender.

Intent is the key point here.

There is also a burden of proof issue as well. The FCC can make a
broad determination as to any device which is "added" to a CB radio.
It is up to the makers of the device to demonstrate that the device
does not cause or promote illegal operation.

**You can't make an idiot into a normal person,
so why try? Birds of a feather stick together.

-
Which is why you have defended Dogie and attempted to present an
incredibly spaced out and fantasized case for Keith framing him, even
though the FCC busted him for jamming.

I never accused Keith of framing Doug. I wish
you would look back on your links and realize
that. I postulated that it was possible that he
might have been framed, but I never accused
any one person of doing it.

*

I stand corrected,

Thank you. My respect for you just went up a few notches.

You "postulated" that the FCC, who you profess we
should blindly follow, may not have the facts of the case before telling
the public one is guilty. I question your logic and intellect to blindly
follow an agency who crafts law, yet you claim same agency could be
incompetent in upholding said law.
Do you not see the sheer hypocrisy of such talk?

I can see how you might feel that way based on your perspective. But
that's not reflective of reality. I never claim to "blindly" follow
anyone. But there is a process to follow to have rules changed. It is
not proper to just "ignore" rules that we don't personally agree with.

One thing I DO believe in strongly is the concept that a person is
innocent until PROVEN guilty. Do you assume that someone is
automatically guilty of a crime the instant he is arrested? The fact
that Doug was cited (same as an arrest in this case) does not mean
that all the evidence was in and a final determination was made (at
least at the time I made my comments). Surely you have to acknowledge
that Doug's behavior has managed to earn him quite a few enemies.
What's to stop any one of them from "masquerading" as him in order to
cause trouble and "frame" him as a form of payback? It's a distinct
possibility. I admit that I am not privy to what evidence the FCC has
or doesn't have in this case, and I could be way off base.

My only hope is that a group of decent people
will decide to start another channel that I
would be happy to participate in. I'm already
working on a CB reunion for some of the old
crew that I've contacted. This might spawn a
"retro net" where we fire up that vintage gear
for some old fashioned CB fun.

Now that might bring back some of the fun with cb that has eluded you
for some time. *Heck, we have get togethers all the time here. On any
[...]

I will admit to being sensitive to audio quality. I can tell the sound
of a Class "C" amplifier without even looking. Any device that changes
the audio for the worse detracts from quality. I like to make my audio
as close to a broadcast station as I can. I like what those guys on 80
meter AM have done with their setups. Some of those guys have audio
that I am truly envious of.

[...]

I might do that. I cannot see how a device which is clearly intended
to "amuse or entertain" could be considered legal, when the rules
expressly prohibit them.

But let me outline a few examples of how many of these "radio hotrods"
do affect other people's right of access.

1. A radio which is running in excess of the legal power limit
promotes a stronger signal. While this maybe be an advantage to the
operator, he cannot control just how far his signal travels. Legally
operating stations in the distance, now have a harder time
communicating, because of the illegally produced signal. Those legal
operators are having their right to access affected.

2. A radio which has had its modulation "clipped" the radio peaked,
and uses a class "C" "modulator" amp to get that added "swing" is
producing spurious audio harmonic content and splatter which makes
their signal extend outside (sometimes very far) outside of the 10 Khz
bandwidth of the CB channels. So when the operator transmits, he's not
only dominating his own channel, be creates sufficient interference on
others. Legally operating stations on those other channels, now have a
harder time communicating, because of the illegally produced signal.
Those legal operators are having their right to access affected.

3. A person operating a "peaked and clipped" CB into a class "C"
amplifier generates spurious emission and higher harmonic content.
People living in the vicinity of this illegal operator may have
trouble using their entertainment devices (Broadcast radio, TV,
computer) due to interference from those increased harmonics. Those
people are having their right of access impeded.

Would you listen to a radio with a torn
speaker?

Poor analogy, as your equipment apparently is not the problem...but your
personal preference with another's broadcast. You always have the righyt
to change the channel, as your "rights" are not being infringed upon.

That depends. See my #2 above.

Would it not bother you?

See above. If it bothered me, I'd shut it off.

But why should you have to? If you have a hobby or activity that
normally brings you pleasure, and you are now faced with some
undesirables which ruin your pleasure, why should you be always forced
to be the one who has to yield to these people? If it were as simple
as allocating certain channels for each activity and there were no
such things as bleedover or interference, then your solution would be
acceptable. But you know that that's not reality on CB.

I tend to look at a glass that has 50% contents
as half full also.

Not with CB, society, the FCC, and personal privacy rights you don't

Because, in those cases, the glass in much

less than 50% full.

No,,NOT in those cases, in YOUR personal experiences CB and society may
be crumbling, but not to the rest of the world. What you experience is
not the last word, far from it.

Again you claim to know what the "majority"
are thinking. You cannot possibly know what
anyone else is thinking.

Hehhe,,,,,,,correct,,,not in the manner youappear to be taking it,,not
in an esp kind of way, but I indeed have the pulse of the public on a
variety of issues. I *have* to.

But no "pulse" or poll is completely reflective of reality. Polls are
subject to political or social biases, and limited to the demographics
of the participants.

The problem is that when running across
people, with respect to morality and
consideration, it seems that the glass is slowly
dropping below 50%, and it's hard to see the
positive side.

That IS a problem of yours, no doubt. I still find the majority of
people to be good hearted. Must be southern thing (shrug),,if I'm wrong,
I'm sure a yankee will correct me to say it is you that are wrong and
that people, even in the north, are generally good people.
That all depends on which circles you run in.

Well, you are focusing on the urchins, not the good.

I find most hams in my area to be good
people.

But you are focusing on the urchins, lending to the notion that you
indeed have a preferecn to dwell on the bad instead of the good,,,IE.the
"half empty" glass.

Only if I am surrounded by "the bad" to the point where looking for
the positive becomes a ridiculous exercise in insanity.

I find my neighbors to be good people. I can't
say the same for the "seedier" towns, or the
trash that populates the most popular CB
channel.

Interesting. Do you feel there are more hammies or cbers in this
country?

Not at all. Where would you get that idea?

It was a multiple choice question. I tried qualifying such with "or".

My mistake. I took it as a claim that there are more hams than Cbers.

But there does seem to be more hams in my
radio than there are local CBers. But that's an
unfair comparison, due to the fact that many
ham bands have long distance capability, and
the sphere of my VHF coverage is much wider
than the typical range for CB.

Don;t be so paranoid,,,I compared nothing,,,,again, it was a multiple
choice question.

I can talk back to my old area with no problem
on 2 meters. Yet I can hear no one over about
a S3 on CB, from a similar distance.

The cb hops in Tampa Bay, all the time, practically.

Your topographical parameters make for an overall greater direct
distance. In my area, there are numerous "hills" which bend and block
signals, resulting in lopsided range, especially when operating
mobile.

[...]

That is THE current understanding of what passes for modern liberalism
in today's political climate. It's not a "right wing conspiracy".
Liberals are the champions of the poor, the disenfranchised, the un
and underemployed, minorities, and anyone else who feels that they're
getting the "shaft" WRT the "American Dream". Liberals downplay the
importance of personal responsibility, instead believing that people
are all victims of circumstances, and that "corporations" are the root
of all evil. They believe that government should play the part of "the
great equalizer". THAT is the seed of socialism.

_
A libertarian believes in the smallest amount of government that can
exist and still be effective.

Extreme libertarian views lead to anarchy.

Like the establishment of a free society? Like the Boston Tea Party?
Like suffrage? Like equal rights? On it goes...

Like no rules and everyone's rights trampling on everyone else's.

Conservatives believe in somewhat limited
government, and personal responsibility.
Conservatives believe in strong law
enforcement for those who cannot abide by
the rules of society. Extreme conservatism

leads to fascism.

They BOTH advocate the maximum liberties permitted under the law which
is the exact manner of which I referred the two.

Wrong! You need to do some more

reading........

Again,,,,I do not need a partisan party to redefine the term. History
and the founding forefathers, in addition to Merriam Webster are those I
choose to believe.

You, the one lecturing me that all rules should be "evergreen" and
subject to revision as society and culture changes, are now sticking
by a definition which is obsolete?

That the right has been so effective in making terms
mean something completely opposite of what it truly is (a liberal, of
all examples) is frightening.

Nothing frightening about it. It's reality. Liberals have been a key
force in the undermining of traditional values for the last 30+ years.
There are practices and activities which are almost common today that
no one would even think of doing in the 1950's. You might think this
is good. But I don't look at increased promiscuity, along with
gratuitous sex and porn, the abandonment of traditional family roles
etc, as a "good" thing.

When the US government begins using the
term as an insult, those who follow such bull**** must be educated to
all they have been falsely indoctrinated. You have been misled and lied
to by Bush.....on many occassion.

I have been a strong conservative long before Bush came along. It's
refreshing to see a decisive leader who is guided by principle rather
than one who changes his position depending on the political winds at
the time.

_
In fact, it is you and Frank
who were shown not to know what a liberal is. Washington was a liberal.
Our forefathers were liberals. This country was founded and built by
liberlas.

Today's liberal is someone who wants
freedom for everyone, as long as it's
according to their standards.

Wrong, wrong, way wrong. This is what the right has attempted to
redefine.

No that's the truth. Take the recent political events as an example.
The left feels that it's perfectly fine and an expression of a
person's 1st amendment for Michael Moore to create a
"propagandamentary" trashing and distorting Bush's leadership. But now
that the shoe is on the other foot and a group of veterans is
disputing Kerry's Vietnam claims, the left screams bloody murder and
has attempted legal intimidation to attempt to block the release of
the (#1 on the Amazon.com best seller list) Swift boat book Unfit for
Command, as well as the associated TV ads. So what happened to the
Left's cherished respect for the 1st amendment? The answer is clear to
those who are not blinded by partisan myopia. The left are hypocrites
of the first degree.

A typical example is how the democrats had
no problem with letting Michael Moore trash
the president, but now scream foul when an
independent group is now taking aim on Kerry.

Moore can be sued if anything in his movie was untrue. No lawsuits after
all this time. Conclusion,,,,,,,hmmmmm.

Many of F-911's conjectures have been disproven by the 911 commission
report (I trust you've read it?).

Kerry can do the same to the Swift Boat veterans. Yet he, instead of
taking aim at the veterans themselves, has attempted to block
distribution of their book and ads. Conclusion? Hmmm.........

Today's liberal is two faced, duplicitous, and
hypocritical. Today's liberal wants the working
man to pay for the habitually lazy. Higher
taxes for richer people.

Nope,,just their fair percentage of their income.

What's "fair" is purely subjective. I don't believe that anyone
deserves special consideration. The tax rate should be flat.

In fact, when faced
with actual percentages paid from their income, the top two percent of
the wealthiest have the least taken out of their income (percentage
wise) when compared to the bluecollar worker, even though in sheer
dollars, they pay more.

The top 10% of wage earners pay over 60% of the total income tax
revenue.

The irony of this revelation alone should be
enough to serve as a wake-up call to the nation as the gap continues to
widen between the levels of society, but nope,,we have smokescreens by
those like you who are more concerned with redefining terms to encompass
all who dare oppose the current Bush regime are its enemy.

Those who work hard and earn a place in the higher echelons of income
should not be penalized for their success by being burdened by the
baggage of those who lack the ambition to achieve similar success.

From those according to their means, to those
according to their needs. Sound familiar? Try

reading Karl Marx for the answer.

You have succumbed to partisanship rhetoric of the right, where all who
dare question or oppose the Bush admin, are labeled a liberal.

Liberals and their socialistic ideals have been "bad" for this country
long before Bush came into power.

The term has become, albeit incorrectly, an intentionally misplaced
catch-all to encompass anyone who opposes the current admin.

The answer is easy if you look at a few key facts.

1. Socialism is a concept of a social structure which dictates that
government shall take from those according to their means, to those
according to their needs. This is well documented.

2. Which political party in this country looks to take more taxes from
those who achieve, to give back to those who don't?

3. A free market economy and true freedom involves less government
involvement in personal lives allowing people to make greater choices.

4. Which party is seeking to increase government involvement in
people's lives, by proposing government mandated education programs,
healthcare oversight, preventing social security investment in private
accounts, limiting gun ownership rights (Who needs the 2nd
amendment?), and of course increasing taxes to pay for it all?

I've opposed bleeding heart liberals since the
time I was aware enough to realize that they
were undermining the traditional values that
this country was founded on.

Bush is the one undermining the values,,such as our rights...not the
liberals. You can cite NO liberal that has EVER seeked to take away
portions of our constitution.

Every liberal who favors gun control is trampling on the 2nd
amendment.

Liberals are the ones who would defend the
"right" of someone to distribute kiddie porn,
rather than acknowledge that this is a social
disease.

Social disease? whooooo.that's a liberal term, isn't it? But of course,
we all know you made a boo-boo when using the term, 'cause the right
locks up those with social diseases.

As it should be. There are just some activities that should not be
allowed. Freedom is not absolute.

Please provide any exchanges that I have
authored where I defended the concepts of
socialism. I believe in limited government.

Wrong, you favor government imposition and can't even see it.

Not at all. I believe is responsibility an
accountability.

Accountability does not extend to you being one that another must
account to, although you ahve attempted such on many occasion.

I'm not electing myself Pope here. I'm just saying that people need to
be held accountable (to someone or thing) for their actions.

You a re free to do what you will, (within the
framework of a civilized society) but you are
solely responsible for the effects of your
actions (or inactions).

Exactly,,,,,*I* am responsible for my actions, not you,

So how can you be held accountable to hold to your responsibility if
there is no one there to make the determination? Claim's of "taking
responsibility" are meaningless unless there is a mechanism to enforce
it.

so anything that
I do, such as MY right to anonymity, has nothing to do with you, yet
that doesn't stop you from claiming it shouldn't be permitted as it
somehow imposes on these "rights" you have yet to define and say how it
affected your suffering.

You should have the right to remain anonymous as long as it does not
cause undue problems for the harmony of the forum.

Dave
"Sandbagger"

Old August 24th 04, 05:24 PM
Twistedhed

From: (Dave=A0Hall)
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:10:51 -0400,
(Twistedhed)
wrote:
From:
(Dave=A0Hall)
wrote:
You are entitled to see things from the other

side of the glass, as it were. But there is a big

difference. Us "snobby" hams are not

interfering with other hams while pursuing our

fringe activities, and insisting that our "right" to
pursue it, overrides everyone else rights to

enjoy their piece of the hobby.

Neither do I, but you continue to try and pigeonhole me as such for
merely posting of freeband activity and dx, yet, nothing in my posts has
ever had a remote relation to what you falsely promote.

You like to accuse me of making things

personal, but in this case (as in many) you

mistake my general summation for a direct

critique of your personal habits.

No mistake and you have made much more than "general summations"
directed toward myself over the years. There was nothing general
concerning your posts.

I'm sure your operation is fairly low impact, but
there are others who are not so cognizant of

their impact on others (or worse, they don't

care).

Yep,,,there rare indeed. Many with licenses, many without.

Yes, there are hams who do, but I do not

associate with them.

What "hoops" are there to just acting in a

civilly responsible manner?

Read again: "same hoops you must jump through regarding hammie radio".
That you responded with hammie radio as an example in acting civilly
responsible is not the best example you could have chosen,,in fact, it's
a poor one

Again, like on CB, this is largely

geographically dependant.

Despite your belief of it being geographically dependendent (it's
not,,,,there are good and bad everywhere in both services)it doesn't
validate your contrived gaffe.

So now you deny that geography and

demographics play a major part in determining
the percentage of Good/Bad operators in a

particular location?

Absolutely not. Eliminate "particular location". A more accurate
statement would be "Good and bad people exist everywhere and are not
bound by geography." I don't for one minute subscribe to the fact that
there are more bad people in one big city than in another big city of
the same size.

That's a direct contrast to your comments

about the people who "infest" Philthy.

Hehehe,,,I don't think I used the term "infest", but "nest" would be a
word I would use to describe their sub-existing. I do think people from
Philthy and NY tend to wear their heart on their sleeve a bit more than
the rest of the country,,IE: very vocal. Now apply the malcontents from
these cities and add a radio...it seems like a city of idiots,..no?
But it doesn't make them any worse than the worst any other city has to
offer, but as they are more vocal, add a device that furthers what is
already a very vocal opinion, and it can sem worse than other cities.
I'm not the one that holds cb as a reflection of society.

But I will say, that I've personally witnessed far
more rule abuses on CB than on ham radio.

Again, your personal views and beliefs have been demonstrated to be in
the minority,,,,,

They have not been "demonstrated" to be

anything of the sort. Because YOU claim them
to be does not make them so.

They have been demonstrated. Example #1: You feel anonymity should not
be afforded internet participants. The mere fact that the laws (crafted
by the moral majority) reflect just the opposite, illustrtates you are
in the minority with your belief. Example #2: No one here erroneously
considers talking dx a felony. Again, it is your right to engage in
whimsical beliefs, but you are alone in such belief. That you have been
informed such is not a felony merely served to confuse you, not being
able to distinguish between civil and criminal court proceeedings. This
is with the minority, as the majority are clued in and educated
regarding the hobby of which they are engaged. It is not a good idea to
participate in anything that has the potential for legal repercussions
unless one is informed of the risks and understands the penalties
involved and is willing to accept such parameters. But having a concise
comprehension of the law is necessary. Clearly, you do not.

I can hear more rule violations after listening

to 5 minutes on CB channel 6 than I can hear

in a week's worth of ham radio. That's the

plain truth, and for you to deny or spin it is

clearly a bias on your part.

I have no problem with what you believe, as long as you don't attempt to
pass it off as fact or representative of the majority, as you attempted
with the much contrived statement that there are more rule violators on
cb than hammie radio. Reminding you of how incorrect this statement
actually is had you qualify your remarks to now say *you* can hear more
rule violations on cb than on hammie radio. Again, way too many
variables and factors involved for you to say "cb has more rule
violators than hammie radio".

_
[...]

Well, that didn't take but a few years now, did it? And that was the
gist of what I and others have been trying to tell you for years.

you realize that you can put a 3 piece suit on a
pig, and he's still a pig.

Yes. Look at the well dressed pigs running the country.

[...]

aware, what you consider enhancement and what I consider enhancement is
now very much subjective. Again, ask Phil Kane what must take place now
(once this case is challenged). The FCC would have to rule (FIRST, and
before any further prosecution) what constitutes "amusement devices" and
specifically address the echo issue, just as they recently ruled what
constitutes broadcast obscenity.
-

Ok, I like the way you've presented this. You

make a good argument that a certain amount

of reverb enhances audio quality and adds

"depth". I totally agree with you on this point. If
the current batch of "echo toys" were sold as

devices which ONLY added enough reverb to

accomplish the effect you've described, then I

would agree that the device was an

"enhancement" device in much the same way

as an audio compressor. But that would

eliminate "repeater" type echos.

Interesting. Where would the line be drawn? At one complete repeat? Two?

But you and I both know that is not the intent

of the users of the majority of these devices.

Maybe.....I have heard the folks messing with them and repeating over
and over...but then again, like my fave AM audio, it has barely a tinge,
almost the "double voiceover" effect, but no repeat. In fact, one can
barely tell.

Most have them set way beyond the point of

"audio enhancement" and well into the point of
audio distortion. They run them for the "cool"

effects, and not as a range extender.

Yea,,well truckers have the right to play and entertain themselves on
those long trips, at least until they outlaw such items.

[...]

The fact remains, you hold the FCC as an entity whose rules should be
blindly followed, but then question the same agency's integrity when
they enforce those rules.
This is getting long, again.
Going to Part Deux.

Old August 24th 04, 05:50 PM
Twistedhed

Twist/N3CVJ
Part Deux
You "postulated" that the FCC, who you profess we should blindly follow,
may not have the facts of the case before telling the public one is
guilty. I question your logic and intellect to blindly follow an agency
who crafts law, yet you claim same agency could be incompetent in
upholding said law.
Do you not see the sheer hypocrisy of such talk?

I can see how you might feel that way based

on your perspective. But that's not reflective of
reality.

It was your reality.

I never claim to "blindly" follow anyone. But

there is a process to follow to have rules

changed. It is not proper to just "ignore" rules

that we don't personally agree with.

And until those rules are changed, you can not possibly have any reason
for fantasizing the FCC was wrong in busting Dogie. As you say, that is
the process. But you still don't see you espouse the process of the FCC,
but you question their end result, meaning you have doubt concerning
their competence in handling their responsibility. You tout their rules,
then when one gets busted by their rules, you undermined the entire
concept.

_
One thing I DO believe in strongly is the

concept that a person is innocent until

PROVEN guilty. Do you assume that

someone is automatically guilty of a crime the

instant he is arrested?

Just the opposite. Until proven in a court of law. Once again, *you* are
the one misusing the term "crime" when applied to radio rules, as they
are not criminal infractions. See how the misuse and entrance of the
term "crime" and "criminal" becomes distorted?

The fact that Doug was cited (same as an

arrest in this case) does not mean that all the

evidence was in and a final determination was
made (at least at the time I made my

comments).

I disagree. I hold that when the FCC reports one on the Rain Report for
an infraction, NOT as merely receiving a warning notice for some alleged
rule infraction, the evidence is in and the final determination of guilt
is beyond a reasonable doubt, enough to satisfy any court of law.

Surely you have to acknowledge that Doug's

behavior has managed to earn him quite a few
enemies. What's to stop any one of them from

"masquerading" as him in order to cause

trouble and "frame" him as a form of payback?
It's a distinct possibility. I admit that I am not

privy to what evidence the FCC has or doesn't
have in this case, and I could be way off base.

I do not believe for one second a bunch of folks are going to sign a
sworn affidavit signed by a notary only to commit purgery in order to
frame another.

_

[...]

Hehe,,that commercial FM sound...

[...]

There doesn't seem to be any place at all where these "legal operators"
are making any waves. I submit this is an extremely rare problem
concerning cbers.

2. A radio which has had its modulation

"clipped" the radio peaked, and uses a class

"C" "modulator" amp to get that added "swing"

is producing spurious audio harmonic content

and splatter which makes their signal extend

outside (sometimes very far) outside of the 10

Khz bandwidth of the CB channels. So when

the operator transmits, he's not only

dominating his own channel, be creates

sufficient interference on others. Legally

operating stations on those other channels,

now have a harder time communicating,

because of the illegally produced signal.

Those legal operators are having their right to

access affected.

There is no right to access. You have the freedom to use a radio at
will,,,you haev no right that said radio will be free from interference.
You are discounting the problem is world wide, and as you said with our
ops, the signal doesn't stop. Our ops, compared to the word ops, are an
exterme minority when it comes to not complying with FCC cb radio rules.
Even if you would have cbers obeying all rules at all times, it wouldn't
make a noticeable dent in the noise and skip, except on channel 6, as
its strictly American owned and operated g.

3. A person operating a "peaked and clipped"

CB into a class "C" amplifier generates

spurious emission and higher harmonic

content. People living in the vicinity of this

illegal operator may have trouble using their

entertainment devices (Broadcast radio, TV,

computer) due to interference from those

increased harmonics. Those people are

having their right of access impeded.

Again, no one has such a "right of access" of "unimpedement". The mere
fact that the devices say they MUST accept interference
discounts any "right" concerning unimpedement and unfetttered use.

Would you listen to a radio with a torn

speaker?

Poor analogy, as your equipment apparently is not the problem...but your
personal preference with another's broadcast. You always have the righyt
to change the channel, as your "rights" are not being infringed upon.

That depends. See my #2 above.

I did. Check out my reply.

Would it not bother you?

See above. If it bothered me, I'd shut it off.

But why should you have to?

Don't "have" to,,thats what comes with freedom of choice.
_
If you have a hobby or activity that normally

brings you pleasure, and you are now faced

with some undesirables which ruin your

pleasure, why should you be always forced to

be the one who has to yield to these people?

No one is forcing anyone to partake in the hobby. There is no "force
going on.

If it were as simple as allocating certain

channels for each activity and there were no

such things as bleedover or interference, then

your solution would be acceptable. But you

know that that's not reality on CB.

What solution? If changing the channel or band doesn;t work, shut it
off.

I tend to look at a glass that has 50% contents
as half full also.

Not with CB, society, the FCC, and personal privacy rights you don't
-
Because, in those cases, the glass in much

less than 50% full.

No,,NOT in those cases, in YOUR personal experiences CB and society may
be crumbling, but not to the rest of the world. What you experience is
not the last word, far from it.

Again you claim to know what the "majority"

are thinking. You cannot possibly know what

anyone else is thinking.

Hehhe,,,,,,,correct,,,not in the manner youappear to be taking it,,not
in an esp kind of way, but I indeed have the pulse of the public on a
variety of issues. I *have* to.

But no "pulse" or poll is completely reflective

of reality.

Correct. Most polls carry a margin error of 3% give or take, but it's
pretty damn close,,and indicative.

. Polls are subject to political or social biases,

and limited to the demographics of the

participants.

And the best thing we have to measure the current pulse of certain
factions. Other factions have other manners of gauging such things.

Old August 24th 04, 06:30 PM
Twistedhed

N3CVJ/Twist
Part III
The problem is that when running across

people, with respect to morality and

consideration, it seems that the glass is slowly
dropping below 50%, and it's hard to see the

positive side.

That IS a problem of yours, no doubt. I still find the majority of
people to be good hearted. Must be southern thing (shrug),,if I'm wrong,
I'm sure a yankee will correct me to say it is you that are wrong and
that people, even in the north, are generally good people.

That all depends on which circles you run in.

Well, you are focusing on the urchins, not the

good.

I find most hams in my area to be good

people.

But you are focusing on the urchins, lending to the notion that you
indeed have a preference to dwell on the bad instead of the
good,,,IE.the "half empty" glass.

Only if I am surrounded by "the bad" to the

point where looking for the positive becomes a
ridiculous exercise in insanity.

=A0=A0I find my neighbors to be good people. I can't
[...]

Only in the right's political climate. In fact , the right is so
clueless as to the pulse of the public, they are going to be scratching
their azzes come November, saying honestly "What happened?"

It's not a "right wing conspiracy". Liberals are

the champions of the poor,

Because the right has nothing but disdain for the poor. Someone has to
come to their aid.

disenfranchised, the un and underemployed,

minorities, and anyone else who feels that

they're getting the "shaft" WRT the "American

Dream". Liberals downplay the importance of

personal responsibility,

Wrong, this is more rhetoric and poison from
the right. Have you noticed the Bush admin has a name for ALL who oppose
or question their motives? They have neat little terms for all those
they pigeonhole.

instead believing that

people are all victims of circumstances, and

that "corporations" are the root of all evil. They
believe that government should play the part

of "the great equalizer". THAT is the seed of

socialism.

I invoke the entire concept of "social" security.
The seed of socialism is much more in tone with the Bush admin than ANY
liberal.

_
A libertarian believes in the smallest amount of government that can
exist and still be effective.

Extreme libertarian views lead to anarchy.

Like the establishment of a free society? Like the Boston Tea Party?
Like suffrage? Like equal rights? On it goes...

Like no rules and everyone's rights trampling

on everyone else's.

Where did you see anarchy arrive in the US via a libertarian view? Could
this be more of th e concept you dispalyed that we ought do away with
something because it carries the potential for abuse?

Conservatives believe in somewhat limited

government, and personal responsibility.

Conservatives believe in strong law

enforcement for those who cannot abide by

the rules of society. Extreme conservatism

leads to fascism.

-
They BOTH advocate the maximum liberties permitted under the law which
is the exact manner of which I referred the two.

Wrong! You need to do some more

reading........

Again,,,,I do not need a partisan party to redefine the term. History
and the founding forefathers, in addition to Merriam Webster are those I
choose to believe.

You, the one lecturing me that all rules should

be "evergreen" and subject to revision as

society and culture changes, are now sticking

by a definition which is obsolete?

Where did I EVER say the la should be subject to revision? If I felt
that way, I would work actively to change the dx rule, but I do not I
selectively disregard the rule. I find it much more easier and less
trouble. The dx rule isn't worth challenging.

_
That the right has been so effective in making terms mean something
completely opposite of what it truly is (a liberal, of all examples) is
frightening.

Nothing frightening about it. It's reality.

When a political party believes it can take a defining word and change
it's meaning after 228 years, that is not reality, far from it.

Liberals have been a key force in the

undermining of traditional values for the last

30+ years. There are practices and activities

which are almost common today that no one

would even think of doing in the 1950's.

Same with the oppression of our rights.

You might think this is good. But I don't look at
increased promiscuity, along with gratuitous

sex and porn, the abandonment of traditional

family roles etc, as a "good" thing.

Those were your first choices, not mine.

_
When the US government begins using the
term as an insult, those who follow such
bull**** must be educated to all they have been falsely indoctrinated.
You have been misled and lied to by Bush.....on many occassion.

I have been a strong conservative long before

Bush came along.

As I was a staunch republican until Ronnie's second term when they began
declaring war (economic, drugs, tariffs) on our own citizens.

It's refreshing to see a decisive leader who is

guided by principle rather than one who

changes his position depending on the

political winds at the time.

It sure is, but too bad we don't have that choice this time around.

_
[...]

Sure I have. One question to you..have you seen the movie, or are you
commenting on what you have been told, read, and hear?

Kerry can do the same to the Swift Boat

veterans. Yet he, instead of taking aim at the

veterans themselves, has attempted to block

distribution of their book and ads. Conclusion?
Hmmm.........

Conclusion is Kerry appears to be taking legal actions at untruths. Bush
can't do the same because what Moore said he did is true. Don;t you
believe for one microsecond that if Bush could have Moore's azz on a
platter, he would. to think otherwise is naive, as Bush has been shown
to be hotheaded, non-composed, non-articulate, a liar, and spiteful and
retaliatory, and holds great disdain for Americans who express their
Aemerican birthrights,,,the right to express displeasure with the
president.

Today's liberal is two faced, duplicitous, and

hypocritical. Today's liberal wants the working

man to pay for the habitually lazy. Higher

taxes for richer people.

Nope,,just their fair percentage of their income.

What's "fair" is purely subjective. I don't

believe that anyone deserves special

consideration.

See below,

The tax rate should be flat.
In fact, when faced
with actual percentages paid from their income, the top two percent of
the wealthiest
have the least taken out of their income
(percentage wise) when compared to the
bluecollar worker, even though in sheer
dollars, they pay more.

The top 10% of wage earners pay over 60% of
the total income tax revenue.

And STILL it is NOT the same percetnage of their income as the blue
collar and middle class workers,,it is MUCH less.
=A0
=A0The irony of this revelation alone should be enough to serve as a
wake-up call to the nation as the gap continues to widen between the
levels of society, but nope,,we have smokescreens by those like you who
are more concerned with redefining terms to encompass all who dare
oppose the current Bush regime are its enemy.
_
Those who work hard and earn a place in the

higher echelons of income should not be

penalized for their success by being burdened
by the baggage of those who lack the ambition
to achieve similar success.

It's not a penalty to ask them to pay the same percentage of their
income as the working class.

From those according to their means, to those
according to their needs. Sound familiar? Try

reading Karl Marx for the answer.

See above for solution.

_
You have succumbed to partisanship rhetoric of the right, where all who
dare question or oppose the Bush admin, are labeled a liberal.

Liberals and their socialistic ideals have been

"bad" for this country long before Bush came

into power.

No,,they have never been bad,,,,,that is why the great ones were elected
over and over for the course of ther lives. And the term "liberal" was
never more misrepresented than when Bush came into office, but then
again, Bush misrepresents everything.

_
The term has become, albeit incorrectly, an intentionally misplaced
catch-all to encompass anyone who opposes the current admin.

The answer is easy if you look at a few key

acts.

I agree,,,and the answer is November when Bush gets booted back to
Texas.

1. Socialism is a concept of a social structure

which dictates that government shall take from
those according to their means, to those

according to their needs. This is well

documented.

2. Which political party in this country looks to

take more taxes from those who achieve, to

give back to those who don't?

"MORE" is a relevant and subjective term when distribution is accounted
for.

3. A free market economy and true freedom

involves less government involvement in

personal lives allowing people to make greater
choices.

Yet, Bush has taken away more choices and imposed more governmental
intrusions (laws passed) than any other president.

4. Which party is seeking to increase

government involvement in people's lives,

By laws taking away rights disguised as protection from terrorists...

by

proposing government mandated education

programs, healthcare oversight,

Healthcare oversight is all Bush. So are drug prices.

preventing

social security investment in private accounts,

Whooaa,,,messing with SS by this admin is going too far,,,they already
screwed up the dru prices and health care to the point of no return, in
fact, everything they touch turns to sh*t.

limiting gun ownership rights (Who needs the

2nd amendment?),

Or the fourth?

and of course increasing

taxes to pay for it all?

That was Bush. Bush raised taxes for the state of Texas to build his new
stadium for his ball team, and then after he got what he wanted, turned
around and claimed hewas against raising taxes. You want a list of Bush
flips? He has Kerry outnumbered 10 to 1 on flip flops.
_
I've opposed bleeding heart liberals since the

time I was aware enough to realize that they

were undermining the traditional values that

this country was founded on.

Bush is the one undermining the values,,such as our rights...not the
liberals. You can cite NO liberal that has EVER seeked to take away
portions of our constitution.

Every liberal who favors gun control is

trampling on the 2nd amendment.

I am always accused of being a liberal, yet I am a card carrying member
of the NRA. And why is the second amendment so much more important than
the fourth? You disregard the assaults on the fourth by Bush and
Ashcroft.

Liberals are the ones who would defend the

"right" of someone to distribute kiddie porn,

rather than acknowledge that this is a social

disease.

Social disease? whooooo.that's a liberal term, isn't it? But of course,
we all know you made a boo-boo when using the term, 'cause the right
locks up those with social diseases.

As it should be. There are just some activities

that should not be allowed. Freedom is not

absolute.

Yea? As it should be? No,,,you don't lock one up for alcoholism or
gambling. Now you're professing something akin to the Nazis..locking up
what you feel are undesirables.

[...]

For what actions? Having the government watching citizens all the time
in case they step out of line is akin to making something illegal
because it has the potential for abuse......and I'm not surprised you
take such a position.

Claim's of "taking responsibility" are

meaningless unless there is a mechanism to

enforce it.

There is..it's called the FCC, remember? You took issue with them when
they enforced the rules you said we must follow.
I gotta do some work on the boat. Be back later.

Old August 24th 04, 10:05 PM
Frank Gilliland

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:24:21 -0400, (Twistedhed)
wrote in :

snip
[...]

This might help:

http://www.trueaudio.com/at_echo.htm

The fact remains, you hold the FCC as an entity whose rules should be
blindly followed, but then question the same agency's integrity when
they enforce those rules.

Nobody is suggesting that laws should be blindly followed, but you
have claimed that that laws should be openly violated -because- you
question their integrity. That's not the way it works, Twist. Try
reading the First Amendment.

Old August 24th 04, 11:09 PM
Steveo

Frank Gilliland wrote:
Nobody is suggesting that laws should be blindly followed, but you
have claimed that that laws should be openly violated -because- you
question their integrity. That's not the way it works, Twist. Try
reading the First Amendment.

Hi Frank and Twist, I have a truce with the AKC now..I really never
thought it could happen.

Peace to all radio operators.