Old August 23rd 04, 03:57 AM
bobinphx

Default Turner +@ mic element info needed

Today, I picked up a turner plus 2 desk mic. This was the mic to have back
when I was a kid (1970's) ... So I opened it up and guess what.... No mic
element. So,,,,,
does anyone have any information on what type of element (i.e.
characteristics, ohms etc) or does anyone know where to buy a new one, or
does anyone have a working element for cheap????

Thanks in advance
Bob in phx

Old August 23rd 04, 12:11 PM
Frank Gilliland

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 19:57:52 -0700, "bobinphx"
wrote in LXcWc.114162$Oi.97390@fed1read04:

Today, I picked up a turner plus 2 desk mic. This was the mic to have back
when I was a kid (1970's) ... So I opened it up and guess what.... No mic
element. So,,,,,
does anyone have any information on what type of element (i.e.
characteristics, ohms etc) or does anyone know where to buy a new one, or
does anyone have a working element for cheap????

Thanks in advance
Bob in phx

Some Turners were crystal, some were ceramic and a few were dynamic.
IIRC, they used different preamps for the different elements, so it
might be a hit-and-miss game to find a replacement. It's not likely
that you will find a new or NOS element for it. Fortunately, the mic
was sold as several off-brand models that you can pick up cheap on
ebay and elsewhere -- the logo and castings are different, but the
guts are the same. You might also consider installing an electret and
preamp which will sound much better.

Old August 24th 04, 03:32 AM
bobinphx

Thanks for the info... I was thinking of the electret option. I even found a
few schematics on the web that I might try... Thanks again for the info and
advice.

Bob in phx

Old August 29th 04, 05:16 AM
THOR

Was this mike purchased on E-Bay or some other online service?

"Today, I picked up a turner plus 2 desk mic..... ... So I opened it up and

Old August 29th 04, 05:20 AM
THOR

So was this mike purchased on E-Bay or another online service?

.... So I opened it up and guess what.... No mic element. So,,,,,

"

Old August 29th 04, 10:11 PM
bobinphx

no it was not from ebay,,, just a local yardsale. I built a very nice
electret amplified circuit board for it and it work just great now!!!!
Thanks for the info.....

Bob in phx

Need Info - Vintage Hy-gain 4 Element Tri-band Beam news Antenna 3 November 13th 04 05:09 PM
Simple practical designing with antenna modeling programs Richard Antenna 4 June 11th 04 02:19 AM
Info needed Scanman Boatanchors 0 January 10th 04 10:44 PM
YEASU 757 info needed Gary CB 2 December 12th 03 02:06 PM
Gotham Antenna info needed Keyboard In The Wilderness Antenna 4 December 5th 03 04:09 PM