Old August 31st 04, 12:57 AM
Steveo

Lancer wrote:
On 30 Aug 2004 14:14:01 GMT, Steveo
wrote:

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote:
Lancer wrote in
:

tHANKS rANDY

Sorry paranoid whiskey head, I am not Randy.

Sorry Crackhead, you sure are Randy Chapman.

Why so bitter, humpty dumpty?

Sounds like he's hungover again.

He hates everyone, including himself.

--
Kerry toons http://tinyurl.com/5l6qu
Old August 31st 04, 02:33 AM
Leland C. Scott

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 03:27:55 -0400, "Leland C. Scott"
wrote in :

snip
Frank, the FAT doesn't have anything to do with the long or short file
names. The Windows OS does it by first building a standard DOS directory
entry for any file. After this is one or more directory entries where the
attribute bits have an invalid setting are built.

So THAT'S how it works.....

Yup.

This is a real hack job by Microsoft, waste full of space, and elegant

it's
not, but it does work.

Classic MS kludge-ware. But that's what we have learned to expect from
Uncle Bill. And did I hear wrong or is MicroSquash working on a Linux
rip-off, too?

I don't know about that, but don't be surprised if they are. Back in the
80's they did have a deal worked out with an outfit call Santa-Cruz for a
Unix look alike OS I think.

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

Old August 31st 04, 04:25 PM
Twistedhed

Alrighty then.....check your email.

steveo was twisty's zombie slave? Bada Bing CB 38 May 25th 04 09:56 PM
Leland is innocent deck-the-hall CB 0 March 9th 04 10:10 PM
Leland Scott Is Innocent Ruby Tuesday CB 0 March 9th 04 09:04 PM
Tim Nebo Turn Away From The Dark Side, Leland Is Your Father Slap Happie CB 2 March 9th 04 08:39 PM
Tim Nebo Turn Away From The Dark Side, Leland Is Your Father Slap Happie CB 0 March 9th 04 01:17 AM