Old September 15th 04, 07:39 AM
Peter

Default CADS proposal - BBC wanting views.

I have been contacted by someone claiming to be a BBC reporter. He asks to
be put in contact with CBers who are opposed to the CADS system.

Personally, if the BBC are to report on the issue, I would prefer they take
a genuine look at the general feeling among UK CBers - not push the report
in the direction they may wish.

I have replied to see if he wants me to give out his contact details, and I
am checking the source of the mail (in case it's a wind-up).
Of course, due to spammers, contact details could only be given by e-mail.

Any takers?

Peter.
http://www.citizensband.radiouk.com/

Old September 15th 04, 06:57 PM
Road_Hog

"Peter" wrote in message
I have been contacted by someone claiming to be a BBC reporter. He asks to
be put in contact with CBers who are opposed to the CADS system.

Personally, if the BBC are to report on the issue, I would prefer they
take
a genuine look at the general feeling among UK CBers - not push the report
in the direction they may wish.

I have replied to see if he wants me to give out his contact details, and
am checking the source of the mail (in case it's a wind-up).
Of course, due to spammers, contact details could only be given by e-mail.

Any takers?

I'd ask him why he wants only those opposed, why not just ask a broad
spectrum of people (CBers)

We'll see if he gives out his details first. I can't see why he wouldn't if
he were genuine.

Old September 17th 04, 08:00 AM
Peter

"Road_Hog" wrote in message

I'd ask him why he wants only those opposed, why not just ask a broad
spectrum of people (CBers)

We'll see if he gives out his details first. I can't see why he wouldn't
if he were genuine.

Here is what he sent...

I am a BBC reporter doing a piece about CADS. I wonder
if you could put me in touch with someone who objects to
the use of the CB frequencies for this service. Please
e-mail or call on mobile number given.

He gave an e-mail address (at bbc.co.uk) and a 'phone number (mobile).

The name checks out, he is mentioned on some BBC sites. Also, the computer
used traces back to the Beeb.
It also appears that he may have been visiting the site on several occasions
over the last few months... maybe he has an interest in CB radio?
I have replied to the e-mail address given, but heard nothing yet.
Regards,
Peter.

Sounds like what he hasn't grasped is that they won't be CB frequencies anymore,
before they're give to CADS.

Still facts have never got in the way of a good BBC report.

Steve Terry

Old September 20th 04, 07:24 AM
Peter

"Steve Terry" wrote in message

Sounds like what he hasn't grasped is that they won't be CB frequencies
anymore, before they're give to CADS.

From what I have read, they will be both CADS and CB frequencies, a shared
band.
I suspect that Ofcom know that CBers will be hard to actually remove.
Changing laws is one thing, enforcing new laws is another matter.

Still facts have never got in the way of a good BBC report.

From what I have found out about the reporter, I suspect it may be an on-air
"heated debate" that the beeb want. He may also have contacted religious
groups, asking for those who are against CBers staying on the band.

Old September 20th 04, 05:31 PM
The Magnum

From what I have read, they will be both CADS and CB frequencies, a shared
band.

Can you imagine the "fun" some 10-1 turkeys will have transmitting all over
these religious people..... all the dead keys and swearing at the joeys ??

Ah well.....
Graham

Old September 21st 04, 07:28 PM
Peter

"The Magnum" wrote in message

Can you imagine the "fun" some 10-1 turkeys will have transmitting
all over these religious people..... all the dead keys and swearing
at the joeys??

Those Joeys will have a Benny :~)

Seriously, I think such actions could only do CBers harm, as Ofcom may
then decide to go back to the original plan... kicking CB use off the
band.
If it is at all possible to tolerate the sharing of the band, then I
believe that we should do just that. At least we may get to keep the
band for now, which is more than we were offered just before Ofcom took
over.

I didn't think you had any mosques near you, none around here. There
is a local Jovo hall... I'm fed up with replacing the batteries in my
door bell.

Old September 21st 04, 08:05 PM
The Magnum

[...]

Yes i agree about sharing and getting along but as you know a lot of users
only want CB's to p_ss around on or play music over. Its amazing how many
brain dead dingalings think playing their newly aquired CD from the car boot
will interest everyone else on the 19. And as for the tone deaf girls who
sing along to them....shudder.....What makes me laugh is the way the
governing body say they are going to closely monitor the use of CADS and
CB...how are they going to do this?? As i said on my website about cads the
average distance in built up areas will only be about 5 miles, 10 at best,
any more than this is lucky unless you live up a hill, are they going to
employ thousands of inspectors to monitor all over the country??? whos going
to pay for them??Do they expect us to self police the bands and report
violations... like weve done for years and been ignored?? thats when tens of
thousands bought licences too so they had revenue to seek and prosicute the
numbnuts. As were being de-regulised and no licence will be required how is
this going to happen??
So many questions...so much scepticism...thats me on a good day ;o)
Graham