Old September 30th 04, 08:05 AM
sideband

Default Dougs AKC inspired ham test

Some CBers are misinformed about certain things.. Some in this group
think all HAMs are like the AKCs... and we're not. Some in this group
think operating over 100% modulation helps their signal, and it doesn't.

In general, the level of knowledge in the CB community isn't as high
as it is in the Amateur community. This isn't to say that CBers are
dumb. Most aren't, they're just misinformed, or undereducated on
certain aspects of radio.

So no, I don't think all HAMs should be bunched together, just as I
don't think all CBers should be bunched together. I was making a
generality statement, and it wasn't inaccurate.

-SSB

jim wrote:

didn't you make the blanket post that cber's are misinformed about
certain things and now ask not to bunch amateurs?

Old September 30th 04, 11:56 AM
Steveo

sideband wrote:
Some CBers are misinformed about certain things.. Some in this group
think all HAMs are like the AKCs.

Donut swallow the bait, please.

--
John Kerry honored by commies -
http://tinyurl.com/3cncy
Old October 1st 04, 01:21 AM
jim

jim wrote:

didn't you make the blanket post that cber's are misinformed about
certain things and now ask not to bunch amateurs?

i was going to say a bit condescending but there is a tinge of truth to
your post. thanx for the reply.
Old October 1st 04, 12:02 PM
sideband

That all depends on who you talk to.