Old October 5th 04, 11:11 AM
Abraham

Default Messenger M800?? Good amp?

Is this a good amp or what? Is 400 a good price? does it really push
800? someone give me some info on this. thanks
Old October 5th 04, 01:19 PM
Jay in the Mojave

Hello Abraham:

If it has the 2SC2789 transistors in it, I would pass.

If it has the SD1446 Transistors in it, yeah sure.

Past experence speaking here!

Jay in the Mojave

Old October 6th 04, 05:09 AM
Abraham

How do I find out which pills it has in it?? The numbers on the pills
are almost totally covered by a bar that is soldered over them. I can
read the word Malaysia on the bottom. It has 8 of these pills.

Old October 6th 04, 01:21 PM
Jay in the Mojave

Hello Abraham:

I would lift or unsolder one of the ends and see the number.

Maybe M Tech is correct. But I know for a fact that the 4 and 8 pill
Messenger amps that had the 2SC2789 in them where and are dogs. Low
output, from a poor design.

Jay

Old October 6th 04, 03:58 PM
M-Tech

Well 2789's have roughly twice the rms of 1446's. So if it is an 8 pill
800, I would think it's a 1446......but it's just an opinion:-). I could
easily be wrong.

Don

Old October 7th 04, 12:57 AM
Jay in the Mojave

Hello All:

Ok the SD1446 has a transistor case type 211-07, which shows the white
Pill part of the transistor to have a diameter of .370 inches, or real
close to 3/8 of an inch.

The 2SC2789 Transistors have a case type 211-11, which shows the white
pill part having a .5 inch diameter.

So if the Messenger Amp has white pills approx .370 or 3/8 inch in
diameter, I'd go for it. That would indicate that it would be using the
good design of the SD1446 Transistors.

Big Ten-4

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert, at least thats what the real-estate lady
said.

Kredentials:
Rock n Roll Fan
Country & Western Fan, also
Member of Mojave Desert Radio Club M.D.R.C. (Paid member, $8.50 cash or
solder on PL-259 connectors for the guys)
Mojave Desert Off Road Association, MDORA (Guest) run over many
endangered species, and BBQ!

This weekend only end Big BBQ and Dance Party at 44's place. About 2 1/2
Hrs out of LA. Oldie but Goodie Rock & Folk Band playing, Be there Call
in on 435.............BRING BEER, your own ammo, and Propane if your
gonna be in the Flame Throwing contest, red or white meat, red or white
wine, hot dogs hamburgers, Buns Salads, and all the fixins !!!!!!!.....
Da's riiiiight!

Bloody Mary's and Breakfast served at 9 AM.

Old October 7th 04, 01:01 AM
Steveo

Hello again, Jay. One can usually count on you to come up with
the goods, my friend. Hope all is well with you.

ps. any interest in attending the rrcb bonanza?

Old October 7th 04, 01:12 AM
Jay in the Mojave

Hello Stevo:

Oh Yeah when and where????

Jay

Old October 7th 04, 01:41 AM
jim

Steveo wrote:

Hello again, Jay. One can usually count on you to come up with
the goods, my friend. Hope all is well with you.

ps. any interest in attending the rrcb bonanza?

c'mon jay maybe next august in kentucky. maybe the chili contest will
draw some (or at least expel some