Old October 25th 04, 02:59 PM
Jay in the Mojave

Default Need information on a KRIS 23+ base CB

Hello Palpasid:

Ok its a simple radio to operate. It can not hurt the radio by playing
with the knobs. But DO NOT transmit without a antenna being hooked up,
that will hurt the radio.

The Volume Control, is also the on & off switch.

The Squelch Control adjusts the (receiver only) level the receiver will
hear. After playing with it you will get a feeling as how it works.

You will need a antenna of some sort, to hear the local and distant
stations.

What other knobs, controls, and switches is there on the radio??

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert.

wrote:
Ok, my grandfather recently passed away, and I have acquired a KRIS
23+ base unit. However, I know almost nothing about it. Could
someone tell me approximately when this was produced, and what it sold
for, and anything else about it.

My grandfather drove a truck back in the mid to late 60's, so this may
be from at least that far back.

It's all tubes, built in power supply, receives well, transmits just
fine, and is in almost mint condition. I just need to learn a little
more about it, other than the fact that it's been sitting in a closet,
in a box, for possibly 40 years.

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.