Old October 31st 04, 07:18 PM
jtbr

Default Legal Limits On CBs?

I want to take my new CB in and get it beefed up to the total LEGAL limit -
what should I ask for, and about how much will it cost?

Old October 31st 04, 08:42 PM
Bert Craig

Transmitter:
12 Watts P.E.P. on SSB - Free
4 Watts AM - Free
Try a speech processor rather than an amplified mic, much cleaner audio.
(IMHO) Google up Astatic's version or the SP-1a. - Approx. $60

Receiver:
Increase your ACR by adding the CBCI Channel Guard filter kit. - Approx. $70
If you still have the dough to burn, add a SGC ADSP2 DSP board. The results
are nothing short of astounding! - Approx. $225

Best of luck. :-)

--
Vy 73 de Bert
WA2SI