Old January 23rd 05, 03:00 AM

Default Magnet Mount Ground Question

I bought a magnet mount cb antenna from radio shack. Put it up on my
suburban. At about 40 miles per hour it blew down and almost fell of
the car. I put velcrow in between the base and the roof of the car(i
know, it's the only thing i could think of). Will this interfere with
the ground? The bottom of the base didn't have any metal "contact"
points or anything that i could have covered up plus the car is painted
so how is it supposed to connect to the car to get a ground connection
anyway? I can pick up signals pretty well.(i think, this is my first
cb, can you tell)

Old January 23rd 05, 03:54 AM
Steveo

wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought a magnet mount cb antenna from radio shack. Put it up on my
suburban. At about 40 miles per hour it blew down and almost fell of
the car. I put velcrow in between the base and the roof of the car(i
know, it's the only thing i could think of). Will this interfere with
the ground? The bottom of the base didn't have any metal "contact"
points or anything that i could have covered up plus the car is painted
so how is it supposed to connect to the car to get a ground connection
anyway? I can pick up signals pretty well.(i think, this is my first
cb, can you tell)

Hi nathanp0515

I'm Steveo and it's my pleasure to serve you. I know alot about radios
because i run a collins S line and it's all modified to transmit on the CB
band. So thats shows I know a lot.

I was just wondering if you've ever been with a guy before(in the biblical
sense)? I am VERY much willing and able to discuss that too!!thats actually
the main focus of this group.........we're just a bunch of extra happy cb
dudes!

Welcome to the group, Nathan.......just think of me as uncle steve,OK??

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Old January 23rd 05, 04:35 AM
George Busch

"Steveo" wrote in message

oups.com...

I mostly talk to ******s on my cb they have the biggest cocks!

Old January 23rd 05, 05:39 AM
OZARK333

You'll have to excuse the Village Idiot Frank...or whoever the dork is!
Those magnet mounts are notorious for
not having the strength to hold on at
speeds they are often rated for!
If you are serious and want to keep using
the radio in the vehicle, look to use a
mirror mount or a triple magnet-mount
or quad magnet for best results. Magnet
mounts can work good but a solid mount
is best, even if it is on a mirror. Good luck.

"Got RF?"

Old January 23rd 05, 11:49 AM
GLC1173

Nathanp0515 wrote:
I bought a magnet mount cb antenna from radio shack. Put it up on my
suburban. At about 40 miles per hour it blew down and almost fell of
the car. I put velcrow in between the base and the roof of the car(i
know, it's the only thing i could think of). Will this interfere with the

ground?

Put the base of the mag mount directly on the vehicle's sheet steel - or it
will blow off, particularly if whatever you put under it (like Velcro) is
thick.

I can pick up signals pretty well.(i think, this is my first cb, can you

tell)

You need to get a Itrucker-grade/i antenna - NOT a Radio Shack
mag-mount. It can be a mag mount - but it has to have a larger diameter magnet
(4"-5") for you to get out. It really makes a huge difference. So get over to
your local truck stop.
BDissident news - plus immigration, gun rights, weather, Internet Gun Show
IA HREF="http://www.alamanceind.com"ALAMANCE INDEPENDENT:
official newspaper of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy/A/b/i

Grounding Question Gerry Moersdorf Antenna 11 October 26th 04 05:06 AM
ground plane for a magnetic mount cellular antenna isaac Antenna 7 July 13th 04 04:51 PM
Grounds DJB Shortwave 8 March 11th 04 12:20 PM
Inside a surge protector tommyknocker Shortwave 30 December 20th 03 05:54 PM
fs:3x5 magnet mount for vhf/uhf or atas 100 VHFRadioBuff Equipment 1 October 22nd 03 01:53 PM