Old February 3rd 05, 03:19 AM
sean

Default L37 and L38 values for Uniden Grant XL

What are the (micro-Henrys) values for L37 and L38 on the Uniden Grant XL?
(PLL MB8719)

I have unsoldered and completely removed them both.

I am unable to locate it on the schematic.

(I have someone that can help me re-calibrate the radio after the
installation.)

What are the drawbacks /side-effects of transplanting Inductors from other
40 channel AM/SSB radios?

Tnx,
Sean
Amelia, Virginia

Old February 3rd 05, 03:38 AM
Vinnie S.

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 22:19:21 -0500, "sean" wrote:

What are the (micro-Henrys) values for L37 and L38 on the Uniden Grant XL?
(PLL MB8719)

I have unsoldered and completely removed them both.

I am unable to locate it on the schematic.

(I have someone that can help me re-calibrate the radio after the
installation.)

What are the drawbacks /side-effects of transplanting Inductors from other
40 channel AM/SSB radios?

Tnx,
Sean
Amelia, Virginia

Why did you do that? What mod were you doing?

Vinnie S.
Old February 3rd 05, 03:51 AM
sean

I am missing the slugs.

I got it a flea market.

Old February 3rd 05, 01:16 PM
Vinnie S.

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 22:51:12 -0500, "sean" wrote:

I am missing the slugs.

I got it a flea market.

Ahh. Can you get them from Uniden? What is going to kill you is shipping.

Vinnie S.
Old February 3rd 05, 07:44 PM
Vinnie S.

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 08:16:30 -0500, Vinnie S. wrote:

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 22:51:12 -0500, "sean" wrote:

I am missing the slugs.

I got it a flea market.

Ahh. Can you get them from Uniden? What is going to kill you is shipping.

Vinnie S.

Sean, I was just thinking you should try and get another scrap unit, and try to
use both to get one working. The problem you are going to have is not the cost
of components. It's the minimum order bull****, and handling charges. You might
need $10 of components, and be nailed for $30. RFparts is one of those.

Vinnie S.

Old February 3rd 05, 11:29 PM
sean

True.
I wouldn't even think about sending it in, cause like you said that parts
are much easier to come by and that I could try looking for a scrap unit to
get one of them going instead of dealing with shipping charges.

I just wasn't sure on how to measure those inductors that have those slugs
cause there are 4 pins in a square formation at the bottom.

There's a Frost Fest this month at the Richmond Showplace in Henrico County,
VA and I'm gonna see what I can find.

Tnx.

Sean

Old February 4th 05, 01:46 AM

I am missing the slugs.

I got it a flea market.

"Vinnie S." wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 22:19:21 -0500, "sean" wrote:

What are the (micro-Henrys) values for L37 and L38 on the Uniden Grant

XL?
(PLL MB8719)

I have unsoldered and completely removed them both.

I am unable to locate it on the schematic.

(I have someone that can help me re-calibrate the radio after the
installation.)

What are the drawbacks /side-effects of transplanting Inductors from

other
40 channel AM/SSB radios?

Tnx,
Sean
Amelia, Virginia

Why did you do that? What mod were you doing?

Vinnie S.

WHAT IGNORANT KEYCLOWN TOLD YOU TO REMOVE
THE INDUCTORS FROM YOUR RADIO???????

What an idioso.
Old February 4th 05, 01:50 AM
Steveo

172.166.200.179
Old February 4th 05, 02:47 AM
sean

You need to direct that to the idioso who took them OUT before I even went
to the flea market.

You did NOT read my post whatsoever!

Where does it say that I performed a mod and screwed up the radio?

NOWHERE!

If you don't have any useful information in relation to this post or to
rec.radio.cb, then you better go play your childish games on another
newsgroup before I report you to your ISP.
And you better be more creative than using a non-valid email address.

wrote in message ...
I am missing the slugs.

I got it a flea market.

Old February 4th 05, 03:02 AM
Vinnie S.

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 21:47:48 -0500, "sean" wrote:

You need to direct that to the idioso who took them OUT before I even went
to the flea market.

You did NOT read my post whatsoever!

Where does it say that I performed a mod and screwed up the radio?

NOWHERE!

If you don't have any useful information in relation to this post or to
rec.radio.cb, then you better go play your childish games on another
newsgroup before I report you to your ISP.
And you better be more creative than using a non-valid email address.

Sean,

Pay no attention to him. Killfile him. There are plenty of helpful people in
this group. He isn't one of them.

Vinnie S.