Old February 17th 05, 07:51 PM
Steveo

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote:
Steveo wrote in
:

Mine and any company who proposes to sell radar to Pennsylvania

Is that what you do for a living, George?

I am in a related field to the subject in question.

It seems like you're up to date on such things.

Thats why it is funny
as a fart in a space suit to watch twisty try to tell me what i mean and
what is reality all this from 1800 miles away.

In this case it's common sense. No gives a 1 mph speeding ticket, not
even in a school zone.

--
http://NewsReader.Com 30 GB/Month
Old February 17th 05, 08:05 PM
Frank Gilliland

On 17 Feb 2005 19:51:34 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote:
Steveo wrote in
:

Mine and any company who proposes to sell radar to Pennsylvania

Is that what you do for a living, George?

I am in a related field to the subject in question.

It seems like you're up to date on such things.

Thats why it is funny
as a fart in a space suit to watch twisty try to tell me what i mean and
what is reality all this from 1800 miles away.

In this case it's common sense. No gives a 1 mph speeding ticket, not
even in a school zone.

They do some smaller speed-traps here in WA. I can't remember if it
was Bellingham or Chelan, but one of those two towns has speed boards
in the school zones, and you better be driving -under- the speed limit
or they'll pull you over.

Old February 17th 05, 08:21 PM
Steveo

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 17 Feb 2005 19:51:34 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote:
Steveo wrote in
:

Mine and any company who proposes to sell radar to Pennsylvania

Is that what you do for a living, George?

I am in a related field to the subject in question.

It seems like you're up to date on such things.

Thats why it is funny
as a fart in a space suit to watch twisty try to tell me what i mean
and what is reality all this from 1800 miles away.

In this case it's common sense. No one gives a 1 mph speeding ticket,
not even in a school zone.

They do some smaller speed-traps here in WA. I can't remember if it
was Bellingham or Chelan, but one of those two towns has speed boards
in the school zones, and you better be driving -under- the speed limit
or they'll pull you over.

Man, I'd take a 1 mph speeding ticket to court every time, wouldn't you?

I'd lay odds on me getting it tossed, and the cop being bitched out
by the magistrate too.

--
http://NewsReader.Com 30 GB/Month
Old February 17th 05, 08:35 PM
Frank Gilliland

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:26:36 -0600, itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote in
:

Frank Gilliland wrote in
:

They do some smaller speed-traps here in WA. I can't remember if it
was Bellingham or Chelan, but one of those two towns has speed boards
in the school zones, and you better be driving -under- the speed limit
or they'll pull you over.

Frank do you mean the trailer type of speed board? or Pole mounted??
I can see a gung ho cop pulling you over in a school zone, they don't
need radar to pull you over. A trained officer can estimate your speed,
he get's what is called a tracking history where he visually sites you,
for a period of time then confirms this with the radar. As stated though
speeding tickets are almsot always pled down to non point related fine.
Most cops can write you for many things that will stick, 1 or 2 mph over
won't be one of them.

I don't know..... I've driven through a lot of small towns and some of
them are real anal about anyone breaking their local ordinances. Some
places even have signs under the speed limit marker saying "Strictly
Enforced", and around these parts that's usually the truth. Even
Spokane has "emphasis patrols" that they publicize on the news
-before- the fact just to give people warning, but they end up writing
gobs of tickets anyway. So as far as I'm concerned, if the speed limit
is 55 I'll stay below it so there won't be any doubt.

Old February 17th 05, 08:52 PM
Steveo

Frank Gilliland wrote:
So as far as I'm concerned, if the speed limit
is 55 I'll stay below it so there won't be any doubt.

If you go ahead and do 58 Frank, I won't tell anyone.

--
http://NewsReader.Com 30 GB/Month
Old February 17th 05, 09:07 PM
Steveo

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote:
Steveo wrote in news:20050217155252.866
:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
So as far as I'm concerned, if the speed limit
is 55 I'll stay below it so there won't be any doubt.

If you go ahead and do 58 Frank, I won't tell anyone.

Posted by: Patrick on June 5, 2004 03:09 PM
C.A.

Would you agree that you are breaking the law if you exceed 70 mph on the
interstate?

Who dat?

--
http://NewsReader.Com 30 GB/Month
Old February 18th 05, 04:24 AM
Landshark

"Steveo" wrote in message
Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 17 Feb 2005 19:51:34 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote:
Steveo wrote in
:

[...]

Oh, it almost would be tossed, but how much time
did you spend? How much pay did you lose?
It all adds up, that's the reason an A-hole cop
would write you a ticket like that.

Landshark

--
Courage is what it takes to stand up
and speak; courage is also what it

Old February 18th 05, 04:43 AM
Steveo

"Landshark" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 17 Feb 2005 19:51:34 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote:
Steveo wrote in
:

[...]

I'll ask you the same question, Shark. Ever know anyone that's got
a 1 mph speeding ticket?

--
http://NewsReader.Com 30 GB/Month

Type "miserable failure" at a Google search and see what the first hit is... LMFAO Bob the Bignose Shortwave 9 December 9th 03 11:16 PM
Icom R8500 failure maitkaci Shortwave 4 November 25th 03 01:51 PM
Have you had an FT-817 finals failure? Carl R. Stevenson Equipment 4 October 10th 03 01:57 PM
Have you had an FT-817 finals failure? Carl R. Stevenson Equipment 0 October 9th 03 03:42 AM
A Moral Failure Telamon Shortwave 0 August 7th 03 05:05 AM