Old November 23rd 03, 08:00 AM
maitkaci

Default Icom R8500 failure

Can anybody help me about an unexpected failure in an Icom R8500
receptor?
No more signal, no more audio output, no way to enter a new frequency
with "MW" button. The display flashes continuously.
Has anybody experienced such a phenomenon ?
Help needed since there is no Icom support in the place where I live.
Thank you.
AitKaci

Old November 23rd 03, 04:22 PM
Diverd4777

AitKaci
Expensive Hobby:

it Might have taken a power hit & fried something ..
delicate & inside the set.
IS there a power problem in your area?
Was it hooked up to a Surge Protector?

E-mail ICom & see if there is a certified dealer nearby;
else check w a dealer such as Universal Radio & see what they think.
Are there internal batteries that may have failed?

The only thing I can think of is
Unplug it,
then power it on & let it sit for 24 hrs;
shut it off, hook it up & turn it on & hope for the best

- Good Luck

Dan