Old February 23rd 05, 02:24 AM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
On 23 Feb 2005 01:21:00 GMT, Steveo wrote:

(I AmnotGeorgeBush) wrote:
http://community.webtv.net/iamnotgeo...ipConditionson

Dang!
When I read the subject header I was hoping Stienspender finally kicked
the bucket! (hurray for small market baseball fans)

This is amazing.

No, that's simple math, Enzo.

People have owners that that don't spen money, and bitch
about it. Then the bitch about owners that do spend money. Well, which is
it?

Our payroll may be less than 50 million this year, what will the Yankees
be?

Most fans, especially those that hate George, would take him in a minutes

Are you kidding?!?! He's from Cleveland, and made many millions here.

as their team owner, because he is not cheap and wants to win.

He has SO MUCH cable and broadcast TV revenue that he's not spending
one red cent of his own money, with these high ticket player additions.

Smell the pasta, Enzo. You guys have a very unfair advantage. MLB needs
a hard cap that's similar to the one the NFL uses. (NBA too)

--
http://NewsReader.Com 30 GB/Month
Old February 23rd 05, 02:53 AM
Vinnie S.

On 23 Feb 2005 02:24:37 GMT, Steveo wrote:

People have owners that that don't spen money, and bitch
about it. Then the bitch about owners that do spend money. Well, which is
it?

Our payroll may be less than 50 million this year, what will the Yankees
be?

Probably over 200. But he built them into this commerical empire, and throws his
money back into them. Many other owners don't

Most fans, especially those that hate George, would take him in a minutes

Are you kidding?!?! He's from Cleveland, and made many millions here.

And from what I read, that business went belly up.

as their team owner, because he is not cheap and wants to win.

He has SO MUCH cable and broadcast TV revenue that he's not spending
one red cent of his own money, with these high ticket player additions.

Most owners don't spend their own money. He doesnt either. Besides. He built
that with no help from the other teams. Why should he have to share it? The NFL
was built essentially by the commish in the 1960's. Same with Bird, Majic, and
Jordan, in the 1980's. Steinbrenner buil the Yankees himself. Wh should he have
to share it?

Smell the pasta, Enzo. You guys have a very unfair advantage. MLB needs
a hard cap that's similar to the one the NFL uses. (NBA too)

I have to remind you, the current CBA, which was approved by every team except
the Yankees, was geared only against the yankees, when it was implimented. The
Threshold for luxury tax was set so only the Yankees would go over.

Would you call that an unfair advantage?

Your problem is not the Yankees. It is the small markets and Bud Selig. The
lowest payroll teams get all the revenue sharing and luxury tax money, and are
not required to spend none of it. SO why would the owner impliment a cap in this
league, when that would essentially cap the millions of free money they get from
George, and on top of that, be required to spend millions in payroll?

There will never be a cap. They love getting free millions, and they love the
fact they don't have to spend any of it. The problem is the mid-market teams,
like the O's, Rangers, Tribe, who would love to spend revenue sharing, but their
payrolls are too high to qualify.

Like I said, the Yankees are not the problem.

Vinnie S.
Old February 23rd 05, 03:22 AM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
On 23 Feb 2005 02:24:37 GMT, Steveo wrote:

People have owners that that don't spen money, and bitch
about it. Then the bitch about owners that do spend money. Well, which
is it?

Our payroll may be less than 50 million this year, what will the Yankees
be?

Probably over 200. But he built them into this commerical empire, and
throws his money back into them.

But when you say he throws 'his money into them' you're talking about
media generated funds. That's not money out of his own pocket.

The only reason it is tolerated can be explained in two letters.

Guess which?

--
http://NewsReader.Com 30 GB/Month
Old February 23rd 05, 03:25 AM
U Know Who

(I AmnotGeorgeBush) wrote:
[...]

Boy, ain't that the truth!

Old February 23rd 05, 04:12 PM
I AmnotGeorgeBush

From: (Steveo)
(I AmnotGeorgeBush) wrote:
http://community.webtv.net/iamnotgeo...ipConditionson

Dang!

When I read the subject header I was hoping

Stienspender finally kicked the bucket! (hurray
for small market baseball fans)

--

=A0=A0

Ouch! Hahaha...nah! I was checking out the weather chart to see if it
was safe outside when I come across the temps up there. Figured I'd send
a pic of the current conditions up that way. I don't watch baseball and
haven't been a fan since the seventies, but NY Yankees are all over down
here, so are the Toronto Blue Jays. In fact, one of the Yankees came
into a business a few doors away and I had no clue who he was. Even
after someone told me who he was, his name was more famous to me for
dating a few pop icons than for playing baseball. I'll ask the gal who
told me who he was, what his name is and get back with you.

Old February 23rd 05, 04:33 PM
Dave

(I AmnotGeorgeBush) wrote:
From:
(Steveo)
(I AmnotGeorgeBush) wrote:
[...]

Sounds like Keith Hernandez. lol

--
I love freebanding!

sicko freak mopey wishes this wasnt the truth Psychiatrist to keyclowns CB 12 January 13th 05 05:20 PM
sicko freak mopey wishes this want the truth Psychiatrist to keyclowns CB 5 January 10th 05 09:23 PM
WARM IT UP THE CARING STATION General 0 September 24th 03 09:09 PM
WARM IT UP THE CARING STATION General 0 September 24th 03 09:09 PM
The post WA3MO made that he wishes he didn't! Twistedhed CB 0 August 22nd 03 02:18 PM