Old April 22nd 05, 03:34 PM
Chad Wahls

"Steveo" wrote in message
Vinnie S. wrote:
On 22 Apr 2005 00:34:15 GMT, Steveo wrote:

I hope your parakeet doesn't land on it as you key up.

You're getting warmer. I was cutting the grass with my Craftsman lawn
tractor, and I ran over a nest of rabbits. I didn't see them until the
second pass. I killed 1, at least 4 got away. I felt pretty bad about it.
But there is nothing you can do. They are all over, and they nest just
belowe the grass roots, so you can't see them unless you step on them.

Vinnie S.

Bah. I run them over all the time in my z-cart when we feed acres of
turf at a time commercially. The furry freaks pick the damnedest places
to build a nest..right in the middle of manicured turfgrass. I'm no
bunny expert but my guess is that lawn works for quick food for the
young'ins. I used to feel bad about it 20 some years ago.

Dog got a full grown in the back yard the other night about 1AM. Wife
wanted me to do something with it. She freaked when I was going to bring it
in and clean it.

Rabbit on the barbie and I don't even have to pick out buckshot. The rednek
in me....

We did not end up eating the bunny.... It's not who wears the pants, it's
who looks more desireable then the pants are removed

Old April 22nd 05, 03:38 PM
Chad Wahls

"Steveo" wrote in message
Vinnie S. wrote:
On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 03:20:49 GMT, "Landshark"
wrote:

"Vinnie S." wrote in message
.. .
On 22 Apr 2005 00:34:15 GMT, Steveo wrote:

I hope your parakeet doesn't land on it as you key up.

You're getting warmer. I was cutting the grass with my Craftsman lawn
tractor,
and I ran over a nest of rabbits. I didn't see them until the second
pass. I
killed 1, at least 4 got away. I felt pretty bad about it. But there
is nothing
you can do. They are all over, and they nest just belowe the grass
roots, so you
can't see them unless you step on them.

Vinnie S.

You need a good German Short Hair pointer,
they'll find them rascally rabbits.

My yellow lab does that well.

My yellow lab, shepard, greyhound mut outruns them and has em for
breakfast. I
swear I've never had a dog that can run and attack stuff as fast as this
one. I only got him about 8 months ago after my wifes brother died from
some really aggressive cancer. I already had a hound dog so I wasn't in
the market for another mooch but what the hey. He's fun to throw the
frisbee to, or a tree limb.

One of the first times my wife let him out of the house he bolted right
for a running bunny, ate his head and brung the carcass back. lol

I finally have a weekday off tomorrow, so I can wait for the plumber.

Dude I think I own your dog's cousin..... Is it absolutely nuts? This one
prolly can run down an indy car I'll have to get you a pic. Weird thing
is she's blonde and had black skin.... I sometimes call her 'Lil Kim.

Chad

Old April 22nd 05, 08:29 PM
Steveo

"Chad Wahls" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Vinnie S. wrote:
[...]

No doubt about that, Chad.

Old April 22nd 05, 08:30 PM
Steveo

"Chad Wahls" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Vinnie S. wrote:
On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 03:20:49 GMT, "Landshark"
wrote:

"Vinnie S." wrote in message
.. .
[...]

leave.

Dude I think I own your dog's cousin..... Is it absolutely nuts? This
one prolly can run down an indy car I'll have to get you a pic.
Weird thing is she's blonde and had black skin.... I sometimes call her
'Lil Kim.

Chad

LOL. Twins perhaps.

Old April 23rd 05, 12:10 AM
Vinnie S.

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:42:29 GMT, "Landshark" wrote:

My yellow lab does that well.

Vinnie S.

I've got one of those too, perfect for cats

I have a cat too !

The cat was my wife's, and I married it along with her. The dog and cat never
had a problem from the beginning. But that might be because my wife's cat is
battle tested. It grew up with 2 pit bulls (my father in-law's).

Vinnie S.

Old April 23rd 05, 05:24 AM
Landshark

wrote:

My yellow lab does that well.

Vinnie S.

I've got one of those too, perfect for cats

I have a cat too !

The cat was my wife's, and I married it along with her. The dog and cat
never
had a problem from the beginning. But that might be because my wife's cat
is
battle tested. It grew up with 2 pit bulls (my father in-law's).

Vinnie S.

LOL!!! Not me, never really like kitty Kats., neither
have my dogs.

Landshark

--
Real heroes are men who fall and fail
and are flawed, but win out in the end

Old April 23rd 05, 12:47 PM
Steveo

wrote:

My yellow lab does that well.

Vinnie S.

I've got one of those too, perfect for cats

I have a cat too !

The cat was my wife's, and I married it along with her. The dog and cat
never
had a problem from the beginning. But that might be because my wife's
cat is
battle tested. It grew up with 2 pit bulls (my father in-law's).

Vinnie S.

LOL!!! Not me, never really like kitty Kats., neither
have my dogs.

Landshark

They are a necessity in the barn, damn field mice would take over the
place otherwise.
Old April 24th 05, 06:43 PM
BobC

How about you figure out a few important things before you "stiff-arm" the
guy.
Important question #1--Is the guy running a legal station?
" " #2--Are you using a decent radio to receive the
fire frequency?
" " #3--Is your antenna system correctly installed
using decent connectors etc?
" " #4--Is there some piece of metal on / near the
roof corroded enough to cause Intermod?
These are a good start.
Next problem--the computer speakers etc.--Tuff cookies. If your scanner,
telephone, clock radio, stereo, tv audio system, computer speakers & a host
of other consumer devices are having a problem with cb energy close
by....look in your own house for the problem first before you send the
moustaches over to your neighbor. Most times these problems occur due to
corroded or improper connector installation, poor shielding of the chassis,
poor bypassing of leads entering the device to name a few errors.

In general, I doubt you will get anywhere with the fcc based on consumer
device problems.
You might get their attention if the interference is constant on your fire
radios.
However, by fire radios I mean bonafide units like Motorola, Icom, Kenwood,
MA/COM, Vertex, Harris, Tait etc.
If you are referring to a typical scanner, that, falls back into the realm
of consumer devices & the concern is not great there.

Even lowly cb'ers do have some rights.
One of them is that you must make sure your house is in order before you
storm the castle in search of Frankenstein's monster.

Good luck.
bc

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
On 19 Apr 2005 12:29:01 -0700, "T.B. Parks"
wrote in .com:

My neighbor installed a CB radio antenna and now I am picking up his
conversations via my computer speakers and answering machine. This has
gotten to be a really big problem for me and my family. It even
interferes with our fire radios.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it. (Short of
going over and cutting the wires!?)

Thanks in advance,

Jade

First, communicate with your neighbor about the problem. If he refuses
to fix the problem, file a complaint (in conjuction with your FD) with
the FCC (www.fcc.gov) since he is interfering with an emergency radio
communication service. If all else fails, talk to an attorney about
the neighbor and local laws regarding nuisances.

Old April 25th 05, 01:20 PM
Jade

BobC wrote :
Even lowly cb'ers do have some rights.
One of them is that you must make sure your house is in order before you
storm the castle in search of Frankenstein's monster.

Good luck.
bc

We have to make sure our house is in order and this guy can interfere
with what ever right??? It is very apparent as to what he is doing.
One conversation was about causing trouble for others on differnet
channels. I have recorded all of the conversations and will forward
them to whom ever I need to.

Is it legal for he the boost power? lenears??!! Maybe this is why we
are having the problem.

As far as I a concerned he can play all day on the cb just don't bother
me with it.

Jade

--
This is an automatic signature of MesNews.
Site : http://www.mesnews.net

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0516-8, 04/24/2005
Tested on: 4/25/2005 8:20:56 AM

Old April 25th 05, 01:38 PM
Steveo

"Jade" wrote:
BobC wrote :
Even lowly cb'ers do have some rights.
One of them is that you must make sure your house is in order before
you storm the castle in search of Frankenstein's monster.

Good luck.
bc

We have to make sure our house is in order and this guy can interfere
with what ever right???

No. But he still has rights to use his CB. Sometimes it's the cheap
consumer electronics that are to blame. I'm not saying that's the
case for you tho.

It is very apparent as to what he is doing.
One conversation was about causing trouble for others on differnet
channels. I have recorded all of the conversations and will forward
them to whom ever I need to.

Good luck.

Is it legal for he the boost power? lenears??!! Maybe this is why we
are having the problem.

Have you made him aware that he's causing problems, and if so, what was
his response?

As far as I a concerned he can play all day on the cb just don't bother
me with it.

Jade

Agreed, Jade.

Btw, who is "T.B. Parks"?