RadioBanter

-   -   Beware of hams planting dis-information... (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/69713-beware-hams-planting-dis-information.html)

John Smith April 27th 05 08:09 PM

I wonder if God will punish them? Or, only the ones attempting to keep 10
meters as it is?
And, I am puzzled just how to rate this "crime" on a one-to-ten
scale--against, murder, rape, child molestation, grand theft, and spitting
on the sidewalk...

Regards,
John

marika April 28th 05 12:43 AM

John Smith wrote:
You my friend, are an idiot!!!

wow

mk5000

"The April 21 show will go on as scheduled, the band's promoter aid
Tuesday. More than 50,000 tickets were sold for the first show, raising
$850,000 for a $5 million endowment the band is creating through its
Bama
Works fund, which supports community service organizations in central
Virginia."--assoc press

John Smith April 28th 05 12:55 AM

It's ok, don't worry--be happy!!!

If you are either unwilling or unable to follow from post-to-post, if you
can't set up your newreader to organize the thread into main posts with
subposts--so you can intelligently follow it--it is all probably a moot
point anyway....

Regards,
John

CB outlaw April 28th 05 01:51 AM

On 26 Apr 2005 20:17:23 -0700, "CB outlaw"
wrote:

That is EXCACTLY the point I was making a long time ago (in a galaxy
radio far far away) The truckers on 28.085 is channel 19 on most

export
radios on Band f or g or d or c or....... you get my point,
hams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What point was that?

Dave
"Sandbagger"

Thats the point, 10-4

Frank Gilliland April 28th 05 08:37 AM

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:42:45 -0400, after sulking for many days in
exile and no longer feeling the sting of embarrasment over his many
previous demonstrations of ignorance, Dave Hall
armed himself with a wet noodle and jumped back into the battle with:

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:12:55 -0400, (I
AmnotGeorgeBush) wrote:

From:
(Dave*Hall)
wrote:
That is EXCACTLY the point I was making a long time ago (in a galaxy
radio far far away) The truckers on 28.085 is channel 19 on most export
radios on Band f or g or d or c or....... you get my point,
hams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What point was that?

Dave

"Sandbagger"

N3CVJ

That most freebanders do not enter the hammie bands, despite Oxendine's
and your sock protests against cbers.

The law does not distinguish between ignorance and intent.

It most certainly does. It's the difference between premeditated
murder and negligent manslaughter. Although homocide has nothing to do
with the FCC, the commission usually sends a warning to an alleged
violator prior to issuing an NAL. If the warning is ignored then the
subsequent NAL is prosecuted as a violation that was done both
willingly and -intentionally-.

The facts
are that there ARE illegal intruders on 10 meters. The how's and why's
are irrelevant.

Intent is -very- relevant because some of those dopes don't know that
they are operating illegally. And many of those that -do- know they
are illegal are not aware of the severity of the consequences if they
get caught. Hence the FCC's pre-NAL warning letter to notify them that
such operation is illegal and subject to heavy penalties, giving them
the opportunity to rectify their ignorance before they get popped for
several thousand dollars.

As usual, Dave, you are clueless.

Dave Hall April 28th 05 12:09 PM

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:09:43 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

I wonder if God will punish them?

Why would God even care?

Or, only the ones attempting to keep 10
meters as it is?

Why shouldn't they?

And, I am puzzled just how to rate this "crime" on a one-to-ten
scale--against, murder, rape, child molestation, grand theft, and spitting
on the sidewalk...

Ah, another one who attempts to justify breaking the law by down
playing the relative importance of it.

It's an indication of a person's moral compass, by what point they
consider a law to be "trivial" enough to ignore.

By your logic, we should probably draw a line through all crimes below
the "violent" level, since they are "no big deal" in the grand scheme
of things. Then once those crimes have been ignored, we can then
reclassify all violent crimes as well, and the slippery slope
begins..... It's not such a leap for an ultra liberal ACLU- type
lawyer to interpret the prosecution of someone's criminal actions as
an infringement of some perceived "right".

Dave
"Sandbagger"
http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj

Dave Hall April 28th 05 12:24 PM

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 00:37:35 -0700, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

That most freebanders do not enter the hammie bands, despite Oxendine's
and your sock protests against cbers.

The law does not distinguish between ignorance and intent.

It most certainly does. It's the difference between premeditated
murder and negligent manslaughter.

I was not talking about those crimes. I was referring to illegal
intrusion into radio spectrum allocated for a specific purpose.

Although homocide has nothing to do
with the FCC,

Then why bring it up?

the commission usually sends a warning to an alleged
violator prior to issuing an NAL. If the warning is ignored then the
subsequent NAL is prosecuted as a violation that was done both
willingly and -intentionally-.

Ok, you win that one. That is usually the case.

The facts
are that there ARE illegal intruders on 10 meters. The how's and why's
are irrelevant.

Intent is -very- relevant because some of those dopes don't know that
they are operating illegally.

(and there are those who think we should open up the whole spectrum to
dopes like that. A perfect example of why there are licenses and
rules)

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. At least it didn't used to be. With
all the liberals running around looking to paint every lawbreaker as a
victim, I guess ignorance might be a legitimate excuse now.

And many of those that -do- know they
are illegal are not aware of the severity of the consequences if they
get caught.

Since you saw fit to bring violent crimes into the picture in the
beginning, I'll refer back to them when I make the point that someone
claiming that he didn't know the gun was loaded, would hardly be
absolved of the crime of killing someone based on that excuse alone.

Hence the FCC's pre-NAL warning letter to notify them that
such operation is illegal and subject to heavy penalties, giving them
the opportunity to rectify their ignorance before they get popped for
several thousand dollars.

Do you get a warning when you get pulled over for speeding? Sometimes
you do, sometimes not. Do you get a warning when you rob a bank? Rape
someone? Assault? Do you get a chance to claim ignorance and promise
that you won't do it again?

It's true that the FCC usually sends out warning notices first, but
they don't have to. That's called discretion (the better part of
valor).

Dave
"Sandbagger"
http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj

Steveo April 28th 05 12:57 PM

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote:
Steveo wrote in
:

KB3BEJ chrissy the sissy busch
wrote:
Steveo is the only assclown to complain about top posters

STFU, sissy.

LOL there he goes again accusing innocent people.

There's nothing innocent about you, Chris.

why not come to my
house pussy boy Ill pay the gas

I'd get the same response from you that I got from your hero.

http://img141.echo.cx/my.php?image=d...sefugly4un.jpg

Frank Gilliland April 28th 05 01:19 PM

wrote:

That most freebanders do not enter the hammie bands, despite Oxendine's
and your sock protests against cbers.

The law does not distinguish between ignorance and intent.

It most certainly does. It's the difference between premeditated
murder and negligent manslaughter.

I was not talking about those crimes. I was referring to illegal
intrusion into radio spectrum allocated for a specific purpose.

Although homocide has nothing to do
with the FCC,

Then why bring it up?

Because it has some parallels to the topic.

[...]

I see it a little differently: When we the people are subject to
mountains of laws that can be fully understood only by an army of
lawyers, ignorance can be a very reasonable excuse in many cases. It's
simply impractical (and nearly impossible) for the average citizen to
know and understand all the laws that apply to every circumstance.

And many of those that -do- know they
are illegal are not aware of the severity of the consequences if they
get caught.

Since you saw fit to bring violent crimes into the picture in the
beginning, I'll refer back to them when I make the point that someone
claiming that he didn't know the gun was loaded, would hardly be
absolved of the crime of killing someone based on that excuse alone.

It has happened. But even when it didn't, the lack of intent has
certainly been a factor in determining the punishment.

Hence the FCC's pre-NAL warning letter to notify them that
such operation is illegal and subject to heavy penalties, giving them
the opportunity to rectify their ignorance before they get popped for
several thousand dollars.

Do you get a warning when you get pulled over for speeding? Sometimes
you do, sometimes not. Do you get a warning when you rob a bank? Rape
someone? Assault? Do you get a chance to claim ignorance and promise
that you won't do it again?

There is a defense known as 'justifiable homocide'. I understand that
it's rarely used, but it has been a successful defense in some cases.

It's true that the FCC usually sends out warning notices first, but
they don't have to. That's called discretion (the better part of
valor).

Actually, they do need to send out those notices in almost all cases.
The reason behind it is the FCC's pseudo-constitutional system of law
enforcement and the need to establish "willful and malicious" conduct
of the violator. This bypasses the criminal court system, forwards the
forfeiture order directly to the DOJ for collection, and pre-empts
evasion of payment if the violator files for bankruptcy -- an NAL is a
debt that cannot be discharged under any chapter of bankruptcy law. If
the debt -was- dischargeable then the FCC would be forced to file an
adversarial complaint and subsequently defend their law enforcement
practices in Federal court, which is something they have no intention
of doing because they would lose.

Steveo April 28th 05 03:22 PM

steveParkspussbag wrote:
Steveo wrote in news:20050428075700.315
:

There's nothing innocent about you, Chris.

I thought I was george..LOL you clueless jackass...

George is your old man. It's a plain shame you had to drag his
name in here while using his puter.

I'd get the same response from you that I got from your hero.

http://img141.echo.cx/my.php?image=d...sefugly4un.jpg

I doubt that you dont have the gumption to try me assclown.

Funny. That's what your hero thought the last time he invited
me over.

From:N8WWM Auntie Keyclown )
Subject: calling out Peepeeholic
Original Format
Newsgroups: rec.radio.cb
Date: 2001-08-08 09:09:21 PST

Hey Peepeeholic:
Yes I am in Toledo. I have plenty of down home hospitality for you or
ANY of the other queens in here who wish to stir up some mess.
You wanna come by and visit? I will be delighted to send you back to
the MISTAKE ON THE LAKE with a thought in your mind that it was a real
dumb idea.
Imagine, Peepeeholic...Imagine...You come to my place and star some
junk...I put you face down and hurtin extreme, take pics of you laying
there with a bumped up noggin, and post 'em to the NG. I relish you
coming by. I am good in the callbook, just as I told your wife, the
trainedpuppet.
Have not had this much fun since I used to go cuttin' coax and
building jamming oscillators back when I was 16 yrs old.