RadioBanter

-   -   Beware of hams planting dis-information... (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/69713-beware-hams-planting-dis-information.html)

CB outlaw April 27th 05 04:17 AM

That is EXCACTLY the point I was making a long time ago (in a galaxy
radio far far away) The truckers on 28.085 is channel 19 on most export
radios on Band f or g or d or c or....... you get my point,
hams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Hall April 27th 05 11:43 AM

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:07:06 -0400, (I

From: (Frank*Gilliland)
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:44:42 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote in
:

Oh great, another anarchist.

Ha,,,,this room is getting crowded.

And you thought that I was the only one who used that term.....

Dave
"Sandbagger"

Dave Hall April 27th 05 11:45 AM

On 26 Apr 2005 20:17:23 -0700, "CB outlaw"
wrote:

That is EXCACTLY the point I was making a long time ago (in a galaxy
radio far far away) The truckers on 28.085 is channel 19 on most export
radios on Band f or g or d or c or....... you get my point,
hams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What point was that?

Dave
"Sandbagger"

Dave Hall April 27th 05 11:49 AM

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:54:39 -0700, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:47:55 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote in
:

You my friend, are an idiot!!!

So I've been told on more than one occasion. But let's see what's in
-your- post......

Most hams feel it takes a "musical ear" to be proficient with morse code--

Really? I've never heard that from -any- ham. I know Morse myself and
I wouldn't say it takes a musical ear, but then I'm not a ham -or- a
musician. So do you have any references to back up your statement that
"most hams" feel this way?

snip
50Mhz and above works best with bounce, with enough power

Really? I've never heard that, either. So if I want to talk to someone
across town on, say, 2m, I should forget the repeaters, crank up the
amp and howl at the moon?

(and there is
something wrong with the ionosphere these days--holes yanno!) I suppose
bounce at 27Mhz is a possibility--however, how many other cb'ers would have
a ant pointed at the moon?

The ozone hole(s) might make a difference on 11m if you happen to live
in Nome, AK, but I doubt that the mainland US is going to see a big
difference anytime soon. As long as skip continues to happen then the
ionosphere is still in good shape, and you probably won't have too
much luck with CB EME.

But that didn't answer my question: Have you done moon bounce with CB?

Expect no more answers from me--you are not on a level to be given this
consideration. You are simply displaying the traits of a control freak, and
attempting to use cheap shots to make others answerable to you--I have not
the time--be interesting or be silent...

Your cop-out came earlier than I expected, but it -was- expected.

I can clearly see you have the petty traits most hams display--you may be a
lost soul... get your license!

By "petty traits" do you mean pointing out the absurdity of the
arguments you use to defend your anti-hammie attitude? Guilty as
charged.

You are entitled to your opinions, if you think you will upset me with your
rantings--think again...

I really don't care if you get upset or not. Why did you even bring it
up as a topic of discussion?

I support free speech....

As do I. I even consider it a right.

however, if you have no
respect for logic and the obivious it will show and you will be known for
such--proceed as you please...

....."logic and the obvious"? Like avoiding sat-comm because of
possible alien influence? And working moon bounce on CB? Of course you
realize that the moon is a natural satellite complete with alien mud
puddles, don't you? Then there is your statement that only musicians
can learn Morse code, your anti-government diatribe that came out of
nowhere, and your suggestion that education is a bad thing because it
will inevitably lead to Hitleresque facism in the US. "Logic and the
obvious" indeed.

John, you are a certifiable whacko. Welcome to RRCB!

Hey Frank, who's your new friend?

Dave
"Sandbagger"
http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj

Dave Hall April 27th 05 11:50 AM

On 25 Apr 2005 07:16:18 -0700, "CB outlaw"
wrote:

I think you are absolutly right, John I think the "hams" are jeolous
of us CB'ers and freebanders cause we are PROFESSIONAL dx'ers while
they are just amateur dx'ers. What do you think?
Regards from
CB OUTLAW (beep as in roger)

I think you should stay away from those magic mushrooms.....

Dave
"Sandbagger"
http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj

Dave Hall April 27th 05 12:31 PM

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:03:40 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

I think I have been both, freebander/ham, all I think I have seen is that
the freebanders have more fun.

That depends on your definition of "fun".

Also, I think the radio spectrum is for the use of all, there needs to be a
good slice of radio spectrum set aside for freebanders, indeed, set aside
for "We the People!"

There is. 40 channels worth. There's also FRS and MURS too.

Unfortunately, the hams have just become a self-serving bunch holding much
of the spectrum to their hobby... they like nice clear spaces of spectrum
where they and a few buddies carry on conversations like old women around a
bridge table.

Are you a ham? If not, then where do you get your stereotypical
information?

Unless one feels himself a child who needs a parent telling them what they
CAN'T do--it is time for a change of thinking here...

Ah, another one who can't live under the rules of society.

I think the FCC needs to support radio use amongst the citizens of this
country, not a self-serving group who feel themselves more deserving and
special...

What do "the citizens" do to deserve such treatment?

I think we all need a better form of radio spectrum use--one
which conforms to the people, NOT makes the people conform to ridiculous
rules...

Making subjective value judgments is a flaw in your logic. Those
"ridiculous" rules are there for a reason. They're not there to ruin
your fun, they are there to ensure that all radio users have a fair
chance and equal access.

And, I think a whole lot more... but basically it all revolves around my
seeing hams as self-serving/control-freaks who have a good thing going--and
are getting away with it...

Well, lets see, hams do have to pass a test to prove some level of
technical proficiency. That is worth a lot more than simply doing -
Nothing! Hams earned the right to that "good thing". And it's not an
exclusive club either! You are welcome to earn the privilege and join
the ranks. The problem is that you want what they have, but don't want
to work to earn it. It's no different than a welfare slacker
complaining that their hard working neighbor owns a nice house and a
BMW, and laments that "they have a good thing and are getting away
with it". Yet he somehow feels that he deserves the same
considerations while doing nothing to earn it. You probably feel that
the rich don't deserve what they have either.

When you work for and earn a privilege (as opposed to crying and
whining for it) you tend to respect what it stands for. That is why
most hams are more aware of, and tend to follow more closely, the
rules of the radio service. Like your first car. If you earned the
money to buy your first car by years of paper routes and cutting
lawns, you will be more likely to take care of it, than if Dad just
gave the car to you.

The problem is that you want the privileges of ham radio, but do not
want to work for it. The test is not that difficult. Here is where
guys like you then claim that they could easily pass the test, but
they don't "want to", and then cite all sorts of "issues" about the
politics of ham radio that they find repulsive. Yea, hams don't use
roger beeps, noise toys, echo boxes, and they don't normally cuss
every other word. It's the difference between a broadway play and WWE
smackdown. Not that there's anything wrong with WWE smackdown. But
you don't expect those who want to watch a broadway play to have to
put up with the antics of the WWE. That's what choice is about.

So now, you want the privileges of ham radio, without earning them,
and without the presence of some people who may think and act a little
differently than you do. So you want the FCC to kick hams off the ham
bands and then turn the service over to a bunch of unlicensed, lawless
individuals to turn into the RF equivalent of the wild, wild west?
Does that about sum it up for you? Forgetting about the technical
issues that would certainly crop up, do you think this is a good plan?

Even if, hypothetically, the FCC were to create a "legal" freeband
service from say, 26-28 Mhz, there would still be those who would
venture outside of those limits. For those people, it's not about
having fun on a radio service, but about the thrill of breaking the
law, in much the same way that a 17 year old drinks. There's a certain
psychological thrill that comes with "getting away" with breaking the
law, or "sticking it to the man". For those who look at societal
rules as a personal affront, I can only tell you that you have a long,
hard, and uphill battle before you. Happiness will not be easy to find
either.

Dave
"Sandbagger"
http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj

I AmnotGeorgeBush April 27th 05 02:10 PM

From: (Dave=A0Hall)
From: (Frank=A0Gilliland)
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:44:42 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote in
:
(Oh great, another anarchist.)

Ha,,,,this room is getting crowded.

And you thought that I was the only one who

used that term.....

Dave

"Sandbagger"

No,,what I said was to google the term "anarchy" in this group and the
results will illustrate that only you and malicious sock puppets use the
term on a regular basis. It was at this point I invoked a term you often
use and prefer to claim,,that "statistical probablility" is accepted
proof by your standards, and when this accepted proof you invoke is
applied to the posts, you are one guilty sucka for screwing with a vast
majority of posters.

I AmnotGeorgeBush April 27th 05 02:12 PM

From: (Dave=A0Hall)
wrote:
That is EXCACTLY the point I was making a long time ago (in a galaxy
radio far far away) The truckers on 28.085 is channel 19 on most export
radios on Band f or g or d or c or....... you get my point,
hams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What point was that?

Dave

"Sandbagger"

N3CVJ

That most freebanders do not enter the hammie bands, despite Oxendine's
and your sock protests against cbers.

Landshark April 27th 05 02:41 PM

"John Smith" wrote in message
Here ya go, now you will not have all that text you are worried about...

John

What text would that be?

Landshark

--
Courage is what it takes to stand up
and speak; courage is also what it

John Smith April 27th 05 03:15 PM

I think too much text probably confuses old steveo, we should just keep our
thext to "yes" and "no" for him...

Regards,
John